Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pampers nappies

Options
  • 29-06-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with pampers nappies recently. They changed them recently supposed to soak up more or something to that effect but I've noticed since we got the new ones that our little one is soaking in them, there leaking I've tried the bigger size and still the same. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

YES!! I bought two bloody packets of the things. He was waking up soaked every morning at 5.30am (GAH!) have since moved to Aldi Mamia, and he's been dryzabone since and back to sleeping past 7 (phew!)

I contacted them, and they don't seem willing to admit that there's an issue with the new design. Their FB page seems to be mainly complaints about the new nappies. But they're sending me out vouchers to try the 'active fit' as apparently different fits are better for different children. TBH, nappies should be nappies, they either keep you dry or they don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Same. I switched from pampers to eother aldi or lidl- I find them equally as good. No leaky mornings since!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Another Lidl recommendation, find them better than Pampers in the morning - we still get Pampers the odd time we run out and Lidl isn't open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am so thrilled aldi are now doing a 6+! I have switched over from baby dry nappies :) they are actually working out more expensive though than pampers :( but I find them much better :)

I use pampers baby dry pants too but not at night. I like to have two types on the go to avoid any red marks etc. Has anyone tried boots pants or aldi pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

We noticed the change in the pampers also. Definitely not as good since the change. Pampers used to be our 'go to' for night time.

The difference in each brand is very noticeable. Like most parents, we've tried them all on each of our kids. We found Lidl and Aldi nappies weren't great in the end but surprisingly the dunnes nappies have been super.

Recommend to never try the supervalu brand. A towel would work better...sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Thanks for all that posted defo going to try other brands now.

surprisingly the dunnes nappies have been super.

Recommend to never try the supervalu brand. A towel would work better...sigh.

Agree dunnes great and supervalu "magics" are just shocking :eek: I threw them away!!! Dunnes very big in sizes which suits us as boy very big! Need to toilet train and save a small fortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Millem wrote: »
    Agree dunnes great and supervalu "magics" are just shocking :eek: I threw them away!!! Dunnes very big in sizes which suits us as boy very big! Need to toilet train and save a small fortune :)

I thought the Supervalu brand was grand! Though my older boy was a bit put out that they looked too girly for his baby brother! I think if I have another baby I'll seriously consider cloth nappies!

jlm29 wrote: »
    I thought the Supervalu brand was grand! Though my older boy was a bit put out that they looked too girly for his baby brother! I think if I have another baby I'll seriously consider cloth nappies!

I did a trial of cloth ones!!! It was a disaster and stopped after 3 days. Delighted I did it though all the same. In fairness he was at an age where he leaked every night! I used to have to change him in the middle if the night.

OP I forgot to mention I have had to contact pampers over big hard "crystals" in brand new nappies. They were like rocks and couldn't use half the pack. They sent me a voucher and said they got damp in transit. It has since happened again but never contacted them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

"Magic" indeed! :/

Snap, we (reluctantly) threw most of them out as well. They were hopeless. Get yourself a few sheets of paper towel, wrap in a bag and voila you have yourself a supervalu "magic".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Going to give the dunnes ones a try going to get a pack today and see how we get on. Thanks for all suggestions.

Advertisement