Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress index.php file not working

• 29-06-2016 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I am new to wordpress but I have managed to publish one simple business site succesfully. I am working on a second site and have it just finished but when I try to log into the dashboard I am getting an index of /wp/wp-admin page with just a list of files and I have to click on edit.php to get to the dashboard.
    I can add and edit pages and view them all EXCEPT the homepage. I can edit it but when I want to preview it, it just throws me into a white page
    index of /wp with a list of files on it.
    I installed the wordpress files in a subdirectory of the existing site. Is this causing problems? I have tried everything I can think of but cannot get the site working. It is driving me crazy because it's all ready to go if I can just get the homepage problem sorted.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Can you post a link to the current site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hi molliesassy,

It sound like the index.php file is missing from this directory /wp/wp-admin/ . Have you tried typing yoursite.com/wp/wp-admin/index.php into the web browser to see what shows? Also, are all the required php modules enabled on your server?

The white page in php usually means there is an error in the code but if you installed it straight from the source then you shouldn't have that problem.

Advertisement