Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would cause this?

Options
  • 29-06-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭

This was captured by my son, who whilst watching a run of the mill sports commentary, had to pause the show for one reason or another. As it turned out, the frame he paused on was a bit different than normal.

On the left is the usual way the interviewees eyes looked through the show.

On the right is one of only a couple of frames where his eyes look very different. There's less a tenth of a second between both images.

We had initially thought studio camera lighting reflecting off the eyes, but the other instances are at different angles so we're aren't too sure of that theory any longer.

What do you think? I dont really have a viewpoint other than if its not something to do with the studio lighting, then I don't know. My son thinks yer man's an alien. I havent a clue - but I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 NeonDemon

A brief glitch when the reptilian holographic resonator desyncs from the TV's refresh rate. This is why digital media is being promoted these days. Way easier to manipulate binary than raw analog feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

NeonDemon wrote: »
    A brief glitch when the reptilian holographic resonator desyncs from the TV's refresh rate. This is why digital media is being promoted these days. Way easier to manipulate binary than raw analog feed.

or just a camera glitch in that it didnt capture enough data as the eyes were moving

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

IMO it's just a camera or lighting issues. It could also be due to the quality of your reception and the television itself.

Advertisement