Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trustworthy Chihuahua breeders?

• 29-06-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭

Is it ok to ask this here?

Anyone know any trustworthy good Chihuahua breeders?
    Doesn't have to have papers. .but I'm looking for a Chihuahua for a friend who recently moved here. His passed away about 2 years ago. (At I think about 16 years of age). And he's finally settled and ready for a pet again.

I don't trust donedeal breeders, but I'm not sure where to look for good breeders.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

check out your rescues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Some information for you.

http://www.freewebs.com/keenaughts/

Chihuahua Club of Ireland
    Mrs. Marie. Thorpe
    (086-6042526)(Between 3pm & 6pm only)

http://www.lestattkennels.com/

3 generations only...I would stay well away from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

3 generations only...I would stay well away from that

I'm afraid you are going to have to clarify what you are refering to. Every pedigree dogs lineage goes back to when the breed was accepted into the registry. I have no doubt that any breeder recommended by Andrea would be more than happy to provide a 5 generation pedigree to any interested puppy buyer.

I'm afraid you are going to have to clarify what you are refering to. Every pedigree dogs lineage goes back to when the breed was accepted into the registry. I have no doubt that any breeder recommended by Andrea would be more than happy to provide a 5 generation pedigree to any interested puppy buyer.

Thats fine than. I simply went by what I saw and if a breeder is not willing to display more than 3 generations on a pedigree I am simply not interested. I am hellbent on inbreeding and I 'believe it when I see it'. ..am actually hellbent on breeding overall :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thats fine than. I simply went by what I saw and if a breeder is not willing to display more than 3 generations on a pedigree I am simply not interested. I am hellbent on inbreeding and I 'believe it when I see it'. ..am actually hellbent on breeding overall :mad:

Where does it have a 3 gen pedigree? Is it on their website? It could be that that they just have a 3 gen for that one, im sure if a new owner was looking for a 5 gen or more they can provide it.
    Did they say that they wouldn't provide more than 3 gen or are you just coming to that conclusion yourself?

never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

check out your rescues.

It must be a Chihuahua. .and they're not very common in rescues. ...crosses more so, but still rare. I'm sorry if it offends, but he would like a particular breed.

---
    Thank you andreac for the contacts. Very appreciated :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

andreac wrote: »
    Some information for you.

http://www.freewebs.com/keenaughts/

Chihuahua Club of Ireland
    Mrs. Marie. Thorpe
    (086-6042526)(Between 3pm & 6pm only)

http://www.lestattkennels.com/

Plus 1 for lestatt. Martin is great guy and enjoy ethical breeder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Yes i have got that impression from your posts. Of course there is a lot more to check on a dogs pedigree than the same dog appearing more than once. Not chi's particularly but some lines may have temprament issues for example and should not be continued. A person with experience in the breed would have knowledge of things like this but no health test exists that would flag that issue.

Then there is the case of Dalmatian a few years back. The KC allowed outcrossing to help the gene pool as there was a genetic issue rampant in the breed. I am almost certain that some inbreeding would have been needed to establish the new healthy line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement