Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyronix v2 GSM dialler

Options
  • 29-06-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    My GSM dialler keeps saying initialising until I power it down and back up again. This has happened twice in last 5 days.

Please advise as to what may be wrong.
    Thank you
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ask a mod to have this moved to Home Security Systems.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Information Security

Is it possible the sim has expired.
    Try remove the sim and test it inin a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kamp012

New sim was put in with 20 credit on 2nd June.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you confirm that the sim is ok by testing it in a phone.?

Hi.
    I did get the GSM to send a text message and this worked. I also tested the SIM card in my mobile and that worked too. The sim has 10 balance.

• Advertisement

I tried the sim in my mobile in it works fine. The sim has a balance of over 10.

Yes the SIM card works in my mobile.

And the Pin is turned off?
    My next step would be to check the signal at the location and the aerial connections.

Hi.
    Yes the pin is turned off. I was getting 3 bars for mobile signal but I have now repositioned the antenna and now getting 4 bars. Could the low signal may have been an issue? I will check the antenna connection.

Thank you

3 bars should be fine. Power it down and up again & see if there is any change.

• Advertisement

It's working ok at the moment since I last powered it down. I am just wondering if when mobile signal drops and the box goes into initialising mode.

It should really recover the connection itself.
    What network are you on?

Tesco mobile

Which is now Three. Not great for reconnects at the best of times.
    Also do you know if it's an old sim capable of 2G connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Kamp012 wrote: »
    Hi
    My GSM dialler keeps saying initialising until I power it down and back up again. This has happened twice in last 5 days.

Please advise as to what may be wrong.
    Thank you
    Tom

Its the GSM itself.
    Have seen this a few time and been told to replace the unit by Pyronix themselves.

It's 3G new sim.

It's 3G new sim.

Its not the sim.
    The GSM itself is the problem.

Thank you. Is there anything else I can do?

Where are you located . I have one of them I took out of somewhere recently.It might be worth a try to confirm or eliminate the unit as the problem.

Thank you. Is there anything else I can do?

All you can do is replace the unit.
    Ive come across this a few times and Pyronixs support told me that the unit needed to be replaced. Its something to do with the loader on the device.
    There are cheaper units that can be used on the suppliers list.

• Advertisement

I am in Wellingborough. Is it easy to change or would I need an engineer?

Most of these units are set up to be triggered off the bell output.
    If that is your case then you should be able to swap out the GSM with a new one and program the dialer to send you a text in the event of an alarm activation. By buying from new you will also have the engineer code to do same.

You should be able to to swap out like for like.
    If you want that unit pm and I'll get it sent to you.
    It would have the default codes and manual.
    It would be worth a try before buying a new one.

Thank you guys. How much do these units cost?

We don't go into pricing here. If you contact some of the suppliers in the sticky they will be able to advise you.

Thank you guys. How much do these units cost?

As said above we do not give out pricing.
    Here is a link to the Pyronix distributors in England.

Advertisement