Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just an idea since I'm now unemployed...

Options
  • 29-06-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I 've prob posted here before about starting a business about various types , but since I enjoyed credit control and debt collection on my last job I wouldn't mind the idea of doing it myself for companies , just is there any licenses I need or can I just start straight away

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

I don't believe you need any licences, you may need to look at Insurance as a contractor. Most businesses need a good credit controller so if you market yourself correctly you should be able to find work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Thanks just waiting on a call back from the Irish institute of credit management I rhi k I need to register first as a member with them before I can start talking to companies , it's actually something I really enjoyed so hopefully I can start looking up insurance once they give me the answers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

You do not have to join the IICM, but all the better known credit professionals are members and / or graduates of its Cr. Mgt. programmes. Unless you are professionally qualified (accountancy diploma or a graduate of the IICM courses) it will be difficult to be taken seriously as a service provider.

The IICM would - like most professional bodies – favour its members/graduates when work opportunities arise. Your best bet at the moment is to look for short-term contracts, e.g. covering for maternity leave: also this would widen your experience, enabling you to see how credit control works in different industries. But without the qualifications or very strong credentials you will struggle.

If you are serious about the sector, you need to do the exams.

Advertisement