Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 600D Not Working

• 29-06-2016 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all

Just wondering if someone can offer some advice - my Canon 600D recently stopped working - it just won't take a photo. If I am looking through the lens to take it I can see numbers flashing but that's it - it won't take a photo.

It was fine up to this.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Does this happen with all lenses?

When you take the lens off can you see the reflex mirror?

Have you tried doing a factory reset?
    1.Turn on your Canon camera by switching the power dial on the top of the camera to the "On" position. Make sure it is in Manual mode.

2.Press the menu button on the back of the camera to bring up the menu display on the LCD screen.

3.Highlight the left side of the menu bar by pressing the left directional arrows located next to the "OK" button on the back of the camera.

4.Navigate to the pencil icon or the "Setup" tab using the the directional buttons. Once you have highlighted this option, press "OK" to make your selection.

5.Scroll down using the directional arrows to highlight the "Reset" option. Press "OK."

6.Press "OK" for a second time to confirm your decision to restore your Canon's factory settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭miss.piggy

CabanSail wrote: »
    Does this happen with all lenses?

When you take the lens off can you see the reflex mirror?

Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah when I take off the lens I can see the little mirror on the bottom.

I only have the one lens so can't check your first point, however I took photos without the lens on and the camera "takes the photo" but nothing comes out if you know what I mean. Does that mean it's some problem with the lens do you think?

Or do you think the factory re set would work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

A factory reset will not do any harm.

CabanSail wrote: »
    A factory reset will not do any harm.

I cannot find a reset option on my camera?

When I set the camera to MF it takes the picture (if I look through the lens) but it's all blurry. It won't take it using the screen display though.

If I set it to AF it won't take it in either of the 2 ways (and when I'm looking through the lens I can just see numbers/dots flashing under the image)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭cortinaG

I just wonder what is flashing?
    If it's the number and dot on the bottom right of viewfinder then focus hasn't been achieved and it will not shoot.
    If any of the other numbers are flashing it means you are either over or under exposed, but it should still take the shot.

You could try cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera,
    take a pencil with an eraser on top, remove the lens, hold the body upside down(so nothing gets inside the camera) and just clean the contacts very gently with the eraser.
    Do the same with the contacts on the lens.

Hope this helps, G.

Advertisement