Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dura Ace

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

Is a bit stealthy looking and missing the bling of the 9800 (will stick to my Ultegra/105 mix for now)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Interesting that there's a disc version. Who in God's name is gonna spend the money on that, if they can't use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

outfox wrote: »
    Who in God's name is gonna spend the money on that, if they can't use it?

Id say keep a close eye on the "What bike related thing is in the post to you right now" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

Interesting that there's a disc version. Who in God's name is gonna spend the money on that, if they can't use it?

Well I for one certainly would ... if I could afford it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

What's with filling the disc in between the legs? In case of a crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

saccades wrote: »
    What's with filling the disc in between the legs? In case of a crash?

Cooling fins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Looks a bit cheap imo, the previous version is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

A couple of the reviews say its more of an evolution rather than a revolution. If your happy with 9000 then they don't believe its worth the upgrade. The only big change is a switch to something of a mountain bike rear derailleur which may be practical but, as Astramonti says, cheapens the look of the groupset.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

i love the DA 9000 crankset. you feel like you're getting a bit of bling for the extra quids. the new DA falls in line with the look of every new shimano crankset from entry level upwards. first person i see with it ill be complimenting them on their new sora group :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

All a bit underwhelming :(:(

Advertisement