Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding Bentone Inter B11 Burner

• 29-06-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

We topped up our oil about 2 months ago when the weather was great. Hadn't used the boiler for about 2 months and now when we try to switch on the heat there isn't a meg out of the boiler.

I'm assuming it's airlocked as it only stopped working when we didn't use for 2 months. I'm not sure where the bleed nut is and was hoping someone could advise. I've posted a pic of the boiler.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Does the motor spin when you switch it on, or is it totally dead, nothing.
    If absolutely nothing happens, then its not an air lock problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nathan89

Nothing happens. I push the reset button after I turn the heat on and still don't get anything from the boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

nathan89 wrote: »
    Nothing happens. I push the reset button after I turn the heat on and still don't get anything from the boiler

Try the reset button on the thermostat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

DTP, your pm box is full. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

K.Flyer wrote: »

Its ok KFlyer.......we know what you were going to say :eek:

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement

Wearb wrote: »
    Its ok KFlyer.......we know what you were going to say :eek:

Haha no u don't!

K.Flyer wrote: »

It's unfull now!

Where is the thermostat reset button? Also should there be a power light on the burner somewhere? There's no lights at all on the burner so I'm thinking a fuse might be gone?

Where is the thermostat reset button? Also should there be a power light on the burner somewhere? There's no lights at all on the burner so I'm thinking a fuse might be gone?

Temp control stay. Little black cap. Screw it off and press the tiny white button

Sorry was away at the weekend. I don't know where that button is. I've posted a picture of the temp control setup.

• Advertisement

Sorry was away at the weekend. I don't know where that button is. I've posted a picture of the temp control setup.

Where's the temperature control stat?

I took off the case 'cos there are no buttons or black caps where the temp control is. Just the knob for setting the temp which connects to the middle lever in the middle left of the pic above. Thanks

I took off the case 'cos there are no buttons or black caps where the temp control is. Just the knob for setting the temp which connects to the middle lever in the middle left of the pic above. Thanks

Jeez I dunno then. It's usually built into the control stat

Advertisement