Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transiting through JFK

Options
  • 29-06-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

We will have cleared immigration\customs in Dublin, will we have to go through security again in JFK or do we just stay airside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

You stay airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Perfect - we only have an hour between flights so just checking. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Perfect - we only have an hour between flights so just checking. Thanks.

do you need to change terminals?

Riskymove wrote: »
    do you need to change terminals?

No flying with Delta on a through ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    No flying with Delta on a through ticket.

an hour should be fine so unless delays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Sorry to hijack thread, didn't want to start a new one on similiar topic, I am just wondering, on a through ticket (DL, UA, AA, etc) that's a one hop (UA), what happens duty free bought in Dublin? I read on TSA on inbound international flights, that it is okay, once it has a security tape on it etc? Also, Presumably on a through ticket once you land you are ushered to the next gate, without going through security again? I have always flown direct to USA, but this time it will be a one stop, from one city in America to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

When you purchase the duty free, make sure you tell them you are transiting and to put the purchase in a tamper proof bag. Once they are in the bag you will have no hassle going through security. If you are pre-cleared in Dublin and departing from the same terminal e.g. Aerlingus JFK T5-> Jetblue T5 or AA T8 then you wont have to clear security as you will enter the terminal in the gate areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Was the hour enough time for your turnaround?

Flying through JFK next month with Delta. 2nd flight is also Delta.

I have 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Was it doable? pressure?

Thanks

We ended up not going on that flight as the one from DUB- JFK was cancelled. We were re-routed but on our return we made an error and went through a door we shouldn't have and ended up having to do security again. I found JFK to be badly signposted and also we had to change terminals via a bus so watch out for that. I hadn't thought we would have to seeing as we were with Delta on a through ticket. We had come in from Vegas so landed in a domestic terminal and had to change via bus to the international terminal. I though JFK was a horrible airport.

We are travelling again via JFK in 5 weeks time with a very short transit time again but we are confident we will make it.

Is it the 12 oclock JFK flight you are on Bravedonut - it always seems to be delayed.

Advertisement