Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing higher maths and college

Options
  • 30-06-2016 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My daughter feels that she has failed her higher maths. Hopefully she hasn't and gets enough to secure the D3. looking at the majority of courses, they require maths. I read somewhere that some places may accept an E in higher maths to gain entry but that bonus points are not given. Anyone know if this is true and does anyone know what colleges may accept it.
    i know some colleges have an opportunity to sit a maths test in summer but this seems to be mainly for engineering students. anyone know if this is the case.
    What are her options if she fails maths? is it basically do a PLC course or get a job and study maths and repeat it next year.
    any advice is much appreciated.

Advertisement