Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Year Degree Mark

Options
  • 30-06-2016 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone know if in MU your second year results are counted into the final year mark or of its based solely on your final year grades? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Second year marks are (currently) only counted if you did better in second year than in third year. Then what happens is they'll take some of your 2nd year marks (30% I think) and mix them with 70% of your 3rd grade to increase your overall. Happens automatically.

If you did better in 3rd year than in 2nd year... they ignore your 2nd year marks.

But I think all that is changing, not sure when, but I heard they want to start basing people's overall degree mark on performance throughout the degree. Which I'm perfectly fine with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FinnersFinegan

mickstupp wrote: »
    Second year marks are (currently) only counted if you did better in second year than in third year. Then what happens is they'll take some of your 2nd year marks (30% I think) and mix them with 70% of your 3rd grade to increase your overall. Happens automatically.

If you did better in 3rd year than in 2nd year... they ignore your 2nd year marks.

But I think all that is changing, not sure when, but I heard they want to start basing people's overall degree mark on performance throughout the degree. Which I'm perfectly fine with.

Thanks very much man :)

Advertisement