Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changeover of account type/ new card

Options
  • 30-06-2016 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 

My entitlement to a grad account has expired in the last year, and I'm due a new card on the account in July. Can I just check that since my account is no longer a grad account I'll have contactless technology on this card? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi guys, 

My entitlement to a grad account has expired in the last year, and I'm due a new card on the account in July. Can I just check that since my account is no longer a grad account I'll have contactless technology on this card? 
    Good Morning baby and crumble, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, once you switch over to a personal current account your visa debit will continue to enjoy the benefits of contactless, your card wont change facilities or functions. I hope this answers your query, but please let me know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hi guys, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, once you switch over to a personal current account your visa debit will continue to enjoy the benefits of contactless, your card wont change facilities or functions. I hope this answers your query, but please let me know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Thanks. Not really, as my current card doesn't have contactless. Will my new one have that facility? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi guys, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Thanks. Not really, as my current card doesn't have contactless. Will my new one have that facility? 
    Hi,

Thanks of your post.

You can apply to have a new card issued to you with the Contactless facility on the card. To apply for a contact less card you can send your request in via the Online service desk on Banking 365 Online or alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 & a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well my question has been answered. I've been sent a non contactless student account card yet my account is not a student account anymore, and i'm getting charged fees as per usual. 

GRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Well my question has been answered. I've been sent a non contactless student account card yet my account is not a student account anymore, and i'm getting charged fees as per usual. 

GRRRR
    Hi,

Thanks for contacting us again on Boards.

Sorry to hear you have received an incorrect card, if you could contact a rep in BOI Direct on 0818365365 they will be happy to request a new card for you including the contactless feature.

Reps are available until midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm at the weekend.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks

Helen

• Advertisement
Advertisement