Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, June 30, Team Presentation: Sainte-Mère-Église *SPOILERS*

Options
  • 30-06-2016 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Right, by way of a bit of an intro to the whole thing, here are the 'Stage' details for the Team Presentation later today:

Date: Thursday 30th June
    Type: Team Presentation
    Distance: 0Km
    Start/Finish: Sainte-Mère-Église

Preview (© www.letour.com):
    Visit Sainte-Mère-Église from your sofa! The team presentation of the 2016 Tour de France will be broadcast live on Facebook and letour.fr. Meet the 22 teams and 198 riders on Thursday, June 30, at 6:30 pm* for the Grand Départ in the Manche department. The Tour is about to start… but not without you!

*Local time

LIVE TV:
    Eurosport 1 - 5.15pm

HIGHLIGHTS:
    Eurosport 2 - 9.30pm

Sainte-Mère-Église was the first town liberated on D-Day, and I'd expect that D-Day themes will feature heavily both today and through Saturday's stage.
    This is the town where a US Paratrooper famously ended up hanging from the church steeple, an event celebrated in effigy to this day:
    390331.jpg
    (He played dead for 2 hours until the Germans took him prisoner. He later escaped and rejoined his unit.)

A stained glass window in the church celebrates the town's liberation from the sky:
    390332.jpg

It'll be great to finally get things rolling, and see these lovely new kits live!

Also, unless anyone else has already been working on them, I'll do the first few stage threads, starting tomorrow.
    Any volunteers to look after some after that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Spoilers on the team presentations. Love it!

Nice bit of history there Melodeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'll do number 2 unless you've already started? I'll be away from Monday but I'll do some in the final week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I'll do number 2 unless you've already started? I'll be away from Monday but I'll do some in the final week.

Great stuff, thanks.

Right, I'll do Stage 1 (Saturday), you do Stage 2 (Sunday), and I'll do Stage 3 (Monday).
    That'll get us over the opening weekend and we'll sort out the rest from there.

I'll start a rota thread for us to keep track of who's doing what.

Advertisement