If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE40J5100 Delivery times and other questions

Options
  • 30-06-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi guys in the market for a TV and this caught my eye. My requirements are basic as the set will be in a holiday home and as such not really a daily use set. I do have some questions 
    1) I assume that this has a Saorview compatible tuner on board ?
    2) What is the delivery time ? and how much to Limerick
    3) This is a rather specific query that I haven't really been able to nail down. I have an elderly relative whose is partially deaf. Cordless headphones have made a huge difference and negate the need to have a soundbar at full volume for them to be able to hear. The headset I had been using has a 3.5mm jack at the base station. My question. Is there some form of audio out port that I could hook up to the headset while the rest of us could watch the TV at normal volume. If I use the usual headphone jack the TV gets muted ??
    Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

a clanger wrote: »
    Hi guys in the market for a TV and this caught my eye. My requirements are basic as the set will be in a holiday home and as such not really a daily use set. I do have some questions 
    1) I assume that this has a Saorview compatible tuner on board ?
    2) What is the delivery time ? and how much to Limerick
    3) This is a rather specific query that I haven't really been able to nail down. I have an elderly relative whose is partially deaf. Cordless headphones have made a huge difference and negate the need to have a soundbar at full volume for them to be able to hear. The headset I had been using has a 3.5mm jack at the base station. My question. Is there some form of audio out port that I could hook up to the headset while the rest of us could watch the TV at normal volume. If I use the usual headphone jack the TV gets muted ??
    Thanks in advance 
    HI a clanger, many thanks for your post

to answer your questions
    1) Yes it will be for UK and Ireland market so will be saorview compatible
    2) This model is currently an in-store only model so not available for shipping
    3) Some models would have the option of switching between headphones muting or not muting the external speakers, I am looking into this one to see if it has this option

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Thanks for the reply.Can I ask why some models are in-store only?. 

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

a clanger wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.Can I ask why some models are in-store only?. 
    Hi a clanger,

there are a number of reasons for in-store only. Sometimes products are reduced as an incentive to get customers in store, sometimes it may be that the price just doesn't allow for shipping, but quite often it is due to stock being low, and so any stock is held for customers who come into the store

This could change but as yet we are unable to ship this particular model

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.