Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The nicest climate you visited

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Nope it does not :pac:. I went to it in the worst possible month, August (in 2014) and temperatures were not below 30c any day, reaching 36c on my second day there.

Must have arrived during a heatwave! The moderating northerlies through June and July make it well comfortable.

Currently in Turkey, where it reached 35c on Tuesday. The sickening thing is that the dew point can go from 10c to 25c in less than 30mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Must have arrived during a heatwave! The moderating northerlies through June and July make it well comfortable.

Currently in Turkey, where it reached 35c on Tuesday. The sickening thing is that the dew point can go from 10c to 25c in less than 30mins.

Don't get me started on that fecking dew point, OMG!!! Yes, it felt actually cool for a time on my third day there during the morning and then by midday, it felt like the warmest day of my holiday ffs. And don't forget the 40s recorded in May 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Got to be bray everytime someone on here is from bray it's sunny and low twenties and that's in January
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    That's probably Fahrenheit!
    That's probably the heat on Fassaroe.

The climate here would be great if there were slightly extended summers with less cloud cover and rain in winter. The winter months have definitely got milder here which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Just spent the last 3 weeks in south east Spain, average of 32 degrees, got to 38 one day and 36 another. More like July temps.
    Switzerland has the perfect weather in my opinion. Four seasons.
    Lovely warm summers of temps well into the 20's generally. Snowy winters with skiing on most doorsteps. Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Mafra wrote: »
    Just spent the last 3 weeks in south east Spain, average of 32 degrees, got to 38 one day and 36 another. More like July temps.
    Switzerland has the perfect weather in my opinion. Four seasons.
    Lovely warm summers of temps well into the 20's generally. Snowy winters with skiing on most doorsteps. Bliss!
    Swiss is bliss but I probably wouldn't be able to hack the snow in winter although Basel has a nice microclimate. Give me Switzerland end of May/start of June when the the snow melts and the waterfalls gush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Hawaii has a nice climate too. Maritime tropical, so not too hot although it is humid there.
    The climate varies a lot on different parts of the islands too, from wet & drizzly to dry and semi arid, so you can drive around the islands to get a bit of different types of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I thought the South of Spain was good, but the South of France was a bit better, specifically the French Riviera (Côte d'Azur). It has the added bonus that you can head for the hills if the heat is a bit much, and the Alps aren't that far away. I found the locals to be much nicer than Parisians, too.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Oh Jaze, this thread is making me wish I had money.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Heading to inland California in 2 weeks time. It's been in the 40's there for the past couple of weeks. Now that's very hot and very dry. Complete parched desert.
    The best climate has to be tropical, like the Maldives. Warm, if a little humid but plenty of sunshine all year round, rain to make beatiful colours in flowers but cooling sea breezes so it's always more than bearable. When it rains, it rains but it does it in one go and gets it out of its system and back to blue skies and ivory sands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I think Northern Spain has a great climate. It gets the 4 seasons - warm sunny weather in summer with lovely cooler mornings and evenings. It is also not the tourist trap that a lot of other locations are.
    Options for skiing then in the winter and some fabulous landscapes, culture and food with a good diversity between the different regions.

It also has the lovely green landscapes. I have driven and walked through some of it and it is a place I would love to have grown up in.
    I loved going past some houses and seeing the logs piled up against the walls of the houses ready to provide heat for the winter.

Ireland doesn't really have a climate - just 10c difference between summer and winter.
    I guess our climate is good to work in though as you can't exactly head off to the beach and we don't get extremes meaning you can work outside at any time of the year.

North island of NZ sounds ideal but very far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was happier on the Côte d'Azur than the Costa del Sol, but haven't spent a lot of time at either. I've spent more time in Florida (Jacksonville) than either, two weeks in September and two in December. I was told that I arrived in September just as the worst of the heat was easing off, so I didn't experience it at its hottest.

I agree with the point about humidity: I've felt worse in Toronto in May about 10y ago, when the temperature was 20°C but the humidity was 100%. I was walking around inside a cloud, the visibility was near zero with all the haze. Conversely, I've been for long walks in both Houston and Dubai in the summer time, with the temperature pushing 40°C in both cases, and was fine because I was covered and hydrating - and the humidity was more normal.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I was on the Costa Del Sol near Malaga on the last week of October 2014. Exactly a year later I went to Nice. The weather was about the same except for some rain in Nice. The sea water at Nice was nicer to swim in than the Costa del Sol.

Advertisement