Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops

Options
  • 30-06-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi there, I have a box full of t-shirts/ singlets from different charity runs & races. All different sizes and materials. I've checked with some of the local charities, but they all want to sell them in their shops while I'd prefer they'd be given away for free. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

test what happens when I post here - cannot see the initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Not sure if this helps but this doesn't show up in the main Galway City forum for me but I see it as the most recent post in the Galway City forum when I go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

I also can't see the initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

I went back into the forum and was able to see a link to this thread, clicked the link and could see the first post.

Repeated those steps, couldn't see the thread in the forum and next time I got here couldn't see the first post :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This forum is haunted

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

b.gud wrote: »
    I went back into the forum and was able to see a link to this thread, clicked the link and could see the first post.

Repeated those steps, couldn't see the thread in the forum and next time I got here couldn't see the first post :confused:

Did something similar , but copied it the first time I saw it.
    Charity Shops
    Hi there, I have a box full of t-shirts/ singlets from different charity runs & races. All different sizes and materials. I've checked with some of the local charities, but they all want to sell them in their shops while I'd prefer they'd be given away for free. Anyone any ideas? Thanks.

In response to the mystery post -
    Its a shop, they are selling them to make money for a charity, whats the point to give them away. If you want to give them away, bring them to an actual charity which accepts clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In response to the mystery post -
    Its a shop, they are selling them to make money for a charity, whats the point to give them away. If you want to give them away, bring them to an actual charity which accepts clothes.

Even charities that accept clothes don't give them away: instead they sell them in their shops to raise money for their work. If the charity wants to help a person by giving them clothes, then they give then a gift voucher for the shop, which the person can then use to choose their own clothes. Puts a bit of dignity back into the process.

OP, if you really do want to give them away, then you could always sit somewhere near the market with a them and a sign which says "free tee-shirts". You will have no guarantees that the people who take them will be deserving, vs just chancers or cheap tourists. And you may get snarled at my traders who are making a living selling clothes. And you absolutely must stay there and take the remnants away, so that it's clear you're not dumping rubbish.

Advertisement