Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get gigs and promote my CD?

Options
  • 30-06-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

I’m a Dublin based singer - songwriter who’s just released a professionally recorded and produced 5 track CD. My music would be in the style of commercial jangly guitar pop rock a la The Police, Crowded House and similar.

I’ve been doing the rounds of the open mic singer/songer circuit to get live experience but I think I’ve gone as far as I can go now with that and want to start doing proper gigs where I can do a full set instead of just the two or three songs you usually get time to do at open mics.

Any advice on how I can transition to doing full gigs and getting support slots etc.? Is it just a case of hassling the bookers at Whelans and other venues or is there some "inside info" I should know about? Any advice on getting the CD played on radio would be appreciated as well – should I be sending it to individual DJs or is there a “key person” in each of the stations that you’re supposed to send things to?

Grateful for any advice from the musos out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Everlong1

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ned Led Zeppo

The key person in a radio station is a producer,dj's tend to be inundated with stuff.They will ignore everything.

Advertisement