Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedora 24

• 30-06-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭

Just started with Fedora 24 testing at work to see if it's ok as our next go-to install on linux PC's. Seems ok so far although will wait a while for the initial barrage of updates to die down a bit.

Only thing of note was that the default login screen displayed a horizontal scrolling list of every user in our domain! Needless to say job #1 was how to get rid of that (by changing the sddm theme if anyone is interested).

VMware Player doesn't work out of the box but that's been the case for a while.

Anyone else looking at it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

I upgraded 22 to 23 a few days ago...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I migrated from Fedora 22 back to Linux Mint, but when, as you said, the updates die down, I'll migrate to Fedora 24. Has anyone else had a go at it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Upgraded to 24. One major problem: edge scrolling doesn't work. More here:
    https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/89443/how-to-enable-touchpad-edge-scrolling/

2 finger is my new "favourite" way of scrolling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Upgraded to 24 on Thursday also. I don't see any issues yet, but I suppose when I do, I'll update you all with it and a potential solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

What spins and labs do we use? or do you just use the basic version?

• Advertisement

Spins and Labs? Excuse my ignorance, but what's that Keplar? How is everyone finding 24?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Keplar240B wrote: »
    What spins and labs do we use? or do you just use the basic version?

Just the workstation version, haven't seen any problems bar one or two program crashes. Fedora has really improved in the last few years, earlier versions weren't great.

Going to move my boss onto 24 from 21 in a few weeks as the second guinea pig :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Spins and Labs? Excuse my ignorance, but what's that Keplar? How is everyone finding 24?

I don't use fedora myself just doing some basic research on it I think I might go to it next.

What are Spins?

The default desktop environment of Fedora is GNOME, but if you prefer an alternative desktop environment such as KDE Plasma Desktop or Xfce, you can download a spin for your preferred desktop environment and use that to install Fedora, pre-configured for the desktop environment of your choice.

What is Fedora Labs?

Fedora Labs is a selection of curated bundles of purpose-driven software and content as curated and maintained by members of the Fedora Community. These may be installed as standalone full versions of Fedora or as add-ons to existing Fedora installations.

Keplar240B wrote: »
    I don't use fedora myself just doing some basic research on it I think I might go to it next....

I see. Using Cinnamon myself as a DE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Noticed Chromium showed up in the F24 repos last week, very handy one to have.

• Advertisement

About time :P

Advertisement