Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overdraft with a.i.b

• 30-06-2016 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I use my overdraft of 2.000 everymonth.
    What Id like to know is would I be better off getting a loan of 2.000
    and leaving it sitting in my account as an overdraft.
    We both get paid monthly so thats why I use it all the time.
    I have no idea how much my overdraft cost me per year, Ive tried to work it out
    but cant . So thanks if someone can advise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

If you are constantly overdrawing your bank account, you really need to address your spending issues. A loan will just make things worse if you don't get your budget in order.
    There's a lot of good budgeting advice out there; this is a decent enough primer. I've also found Reddit's Personal Finance forum to be helpful if you want to ask for more specific advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭dollyk

tks Dennyk, I will look into those links.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Borrow €2000, pay off the overdraft and remove the facility, then pay off the loan in a few months.
    Or if you are disciplined enough, reduce the o/d bit by bit until you are in the black again.

Advertisement