Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing Order change

Options
  • 30-06-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a standing order set up to pay my rent to the landlord and had to temporarily reduce it last month, which did not work. I had to cancel the standing order in advance and set up a new one in order for this change to go through.

I then wanted to change the payment back up to the standard rent amount but after doing this 3 times within the last few weeks, it still hasn't changed.

I have now had to cancel the standing order and set up a new one but the problem now is that the rent is due to come from my account on the 1st of every month, so tomorrow in this case, and there may be a crossover between the set up of the new standing order and the cancellation of the old one.

Can you ensure that these payments don't cross?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a standing order set up to pay my rent to the landlord and had to temporarily reduce it last month, which did not work. I had to cancel the standing order in advance and set up a new one in order for this change to go through.

I then wanted to change the payment back up to the standard rent amount but after doing this 3 times within the last few weeks, it still hasn't changed.

I have now had to cancel the standing order and set up a new one but the problem now is that the rent is due to come from my account on the 1st of every month, so tomorrow in this case, and there may be a crossover between the set up of the new standing order and the cancellation of the old one.

Can you ensure that these payments don't cross?

Thanks
    Good Afternoon, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, any changes to standing orders can only be made once per month and need 24 hours notice to take action. 

If you cancelled a standing order today, it would not take affect for tomorrows payment. Similarly, if you set up a standing order today it would not leave the account tomorrow as both need more notice. 

You will need to check your payments tomorrow and ensure that you do not have two standing orders for the same account. You can send a message through the Online Service Desk on your 365 a/c and they will confirm exact amounts dates and accounts all your payments are going to. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement