Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave Oven Recycling

Options
  • 30-06-2016 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Had to purchase a replacement microwave oven from local Tesco because my old one died on me. Just now realised that I don't know where to get rid of the old one. Should Tesco take it off me? Thought I remembered that there was some sort of law that they are supposed to take like for like for recycling. Tescos is in Letterkenny btw but I live miles away :o

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭smjm

Yes, Tesco should take your old microwave back, according to the info at http://weee.ie/

(Might want to take your new microwave's receipt along, just in case).

It also says you can get rid of it at your local civic amenity centre, free of charge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

smjm wrote:
    Yes, Tesco should take your old microwave back, according to the info at

smjm wrote:
    (Might want to take your new microwave's receipt along, just in case).

smjm wrote:
    It also says you can get rid of it at your local civic amenity centre, free of charge.

Cool :-) Thanks for that!

Advertisement