Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should you receive warnings for supporting the provisional IRA

• 30-06-2016 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭

I support what they stood for and their goals that doesn't mean I agree with innocent people who were killed, if you support the US army that doesn't mean you support the hospital that was blown up a while back where 42 innocent people died. If you support the British army that doesn't mean you support the soldiers who raped women in the Iraq invasion or all the innocent women and children who were bombed to death. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

The west brit mods will remove this post in no time they don't like hearing anything bad about their majesties servants.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Pretty idiotic to say you support a group but don't support their actions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

longshanks wrote: »

I do support their actions, most of them but I don't support things like the poppy day massacre which was sanctioned from a mid level officer.

Abortions for some, miniature American flegs for others.

The hypocrites don't like to hear this they prefer to think the IRA are the boogymen and the Brits and Americans are heroes who never done any wrong.

Unknown to some but most catholics in the north supported the IRA especially in the early 70s to mid 80s.

You're adorable xx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I think you should have a warning for selecting [International] when talking about the IRA. Blatant trolling IMO

:)

Dodge wrote: »
    I think you should have a warning for selecting [International] when talking about the IRA. Blatant trolling IMO

:)

To do with American and British as well. It's to do with hypocrisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Fine gael are still the kingpins at the moment, obviously people voted for them, despite going mental over their actions ie water charges etc. To quote one of my favourite songs, 'the public wants what the public gets.Weller/Foxton The jam 1981

jack923 wrote: »
    To do with American and British as well. It's to do with hypocrisy

Hypocrisy eh? Like supporting a group who set off bombs to kill innocent people, but saying you don't support bombs killing innocent people.

Hypocrisy eh? Like supporting a group who set off bombs to kill innocent people, but saying you don't support bombs killing innocent people.

They didn't intentionally target innocent civilians except in one incident which was sanctioned by a mid level officer.

An incident that sticks out in my mind 3 of the escaped of maze prison took over a rural protestant house to stay out of sight from helicopters and when the helicopters were gone they said to the family you have 2 options so that you don't call the police for 24 hours, option 1 is we take your eldest son (16), the woman begged not to take her son. Option 2 is that you swear to me as a Christian that you won't contact the police for 24 hours. Obviously the woman took that offer and the 3 IRA men walked out with their lives and freedom in their hands and as they left they said no matter what happens you won't hear from us again you have my word as a Christian. These are not the monsters the media makes them out to be.

To not cause the family any pain they went on blind hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

jack923 wrote:
    I support what they stood for and their goals that doesn't mean I agree with innocent people who were killed, if you support the US army that doesn't mean you support the hospital that was blown up a while back where 42 innocent people died. If you support the British army that doesn't mean you support the soldiers who raped women in the Iraq invasion or all the innocent women and children who were bombed to death. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

You made a clear, fair and objective argument here. You seem engaging and willing to discuss with a bit of maturity.
    jack923 wrote:
    The west brit mods will remove this post in no time they don't like hearing anything bad about their majesties servants.

And then you go and say something like this, and I lose all respect for you, your argument and the people you are defending.

I was only talking about this last week with a friend. The republican cause is admirable and convincing. I could see myself supporting many republican ideals. But a lot of their supporters are absolute d1cks who spout exactly this sort of tripe.
    I don't like to generalise but why are so many SF/IRA/Republican supporters so doggedly stubborn and ignorant?

This is exactly why I avoid republican threads on here.

People who want a united Ireland have two win 2 referendums. One in the north and one in the south. I'm in the south and I'm leaning towards voting against a united Ireland. And to be perfectly honest it's because of the people who support it.
    Silly, I know. But you really don't sell the idea of republicanism well.

You made a clear, fair and objective argument here. You seem engaging and willing to discuss with a bit of maturity.

And then you go and say something like this, and I lose all respect for you, your argument and the people you are defending.

I was only talking about this last week with a friend. The republican cause is admirable and convincing. I could see myself supporting many republican ideals. But a lot of their supporters are absolute d1cks who spout exactly this sort of tripe.
    I don't like to generalise but why are so many SF/IRA/Republican supporters so doggedly stubborn and ignorant?

This is exactly why I avoid republican threads on here.

People who want a united Ireland have two win 2 referendums. One in the north and one in the south. I'm in the south and I'm leaning towards voting against a united Ireland. And to be perfectly honest it's because of the people who support it.
    Silly, I know. But you really don't sell the idea of republicanism well.

I said that because all of my arguments and threads get removed and I get a ban and warnings.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig enjoys it.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig enjoys it.

Because you don't know what to say, you can't argue with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 WonkyMe

This is just trolling.

WonkyMe wrote: »
    This is just trolling.

Oh yeah the british army and the US army never harmed anybody. I'm an obvious troll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

jack923 wrote: »
    I'm an obvious troll

Once everyone is in agreement then....

Which part am I trolling about?

Is it the hospital blown up by a US airstrike? I can provide links if you want?

• Advertisement

Or is it the estimated 1-200,000 civilians who died in the Iraq invasion?

Or is it the reports of women being raped by British troops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Wow. It really is like a bot.

Wow. It really is like a bot.

Don't like the truth? I made plenty of ignorant one liner threads which went up to 20 pages but I actually provide detailed comparisons this time and I just get called a troll, I wish someone could just tell me which part I'm trolling about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

There's one in every audience. You can't reason with a neanderthal.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The thread is a mess so it's best closed rather than handing out cards and bans to a few posters.

jack923, it really looks like you want an argument, not a debate or discussion and there are a couple of posters here that know a lot better than their "input" on this thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement