Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Headshot wrote: »
    I going to have to change my underwear

I need tissues quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I just can't see Rooney being left out. There's such much inertia with a player like him in getting him out of the team. Jose has said he's still captain too.

Agreed. Rooney wil play at least for the first part of the season. If he isn't playing well though Id say he will be on the bench quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Thats pretty much the team I'd select too. No Rooney near the 1st eleven.

Backup team then:
    Romero

TFM
    Jones
    Blind
    Rojo

Carrick
    Bastian
    Mata

Lingard
    Depay
    Rashers

Jesus, thats a little over exaggerated. There were many games last season when Rooney was our best player. He wont be a consistent starter but will be rotated to get plenty of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I just can't see Rooney being left out. There's such much inertia with a player like him in getting him out of the team. Jose has said he's still captain too.

Just thinking about this, maybe PP will be given the armband. I mean, they really must be selling the whole 'you are the future centre piece of this squad' to get him to leave CL, and potential CL challenger, for a least a year.

Rooney is on the way out, if not this year then I would expect PP to take over as Capt for the start of next season. But if Jose has any sense he will make PP the pitch capt and allow Rooney to stay as club capt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sure make him assistant manager while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lads is there a manager press conference any time soon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Headshot wrote: »
    I going to have to change my underwear

I would prefer that, but I get the feeling we'll be shoehorning Rooney in no matter what, for better or for worse. We'll likely see Blind at CB too at least in the early going, in my opinion.

World class managers get the best out of players I have a lot more confidence in jose getting more out of rooney then the previous two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Jesus, thats a little over exaggerated. There were many games last season when Rooney was our best player. He wont be a consistent starter but will be rotated to get plenty of game time.

You're not supposed to talk about those games on here, it doesn't suit the anti-Rooney agenda at all. He's our worst player by far, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    World class managers get the best out of players I have a lot more confidence in jose getting more out of rooney then the previous two.

We heard that from several managers,what do they all have in common? They were sacked.Shoehorning players into the team because of who they are instead of form never works.

You're not supposed to talk about those games on here, it doesn't suit the anti-Rooney agenda at all. He's our worst player by far, get over it.

All Hail the Anti Rooney Brigade for they know all!!

tumblr_ntyedbH3YD1r9wkrto1_400.gif

Disclaimer: Rooney should be used selectively and accept his role as a squad rotation player but he should certainly play a lot of our big games.

Disclaimer on my Disclaimer: IN MY OPINION

Lads is there a manager press conference any time soon??

Pogba will be holding any managers press conferences from hereon. Jose is going to take a step back to make sure he knows he is the future of Man United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Pogba will be holding any managers press conferences from hereon. Jose is going to take a step back to make sure he knows he is the future of Man United

Zlatan says NO

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-28%20at%2021.39.56_zpssryoebux.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Off the ball had a story this evening about CBJ and Fosu Mensah being told they can find new clubs for the coming season. Surely it's total BS, would make no sense.

• Advertisement

Hurler85 wrote: »
    Off the ball had a story this evening about CBJ and Fosu Mensah being told they can find new clubs for the coming season. Surely it's total BS, would make no sense.

They got it from the Mail,TFM has been given a new squad number and is injured,so is CBJ.
    Some players will be sold or loaned out but the papers jumped on the clickbait headline of "9 Players told to find new clubs".Absolute bollix.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Zlatan says NO

We wont be short of egos at the club for sure by the look of it, something we really lacked the last few years if you think about it.

Jose,
    Pogba,
    Zlatan,
    Martial (not entirely so, but he is French and that "9" Gate drama at the weekend shows his self confidence and sense of entitlement)

And of course, Captain Ego himself, Michael Carrick.....................

But seriously, Van Gaal ws more stubborn and moody than egotistical, Moyes you felt always felt intimidated and out of depth, Rooney is confident, a grump at times but down to earth.

There was a fear factor the last few years, a sense of intimidation often and acceptance as to the quality of the squad.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/28/zlatan-ibrahimovic-will-to-win-manchester-united

Great article about Zlatan,the man is all about perfection.I await the time he calls for a simple pass and Rooney ignores him to play his floaty pass to the right wing.

Hurler85 wrote: »

would be typical Mourinho. His youth policy is one of his worst approaches to the game.:mad::mad:
    two exceptional prospects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pinch of salt needed as i can't confirm if he said it as apparently it was on Italian TV/Radio and I'm deaf, oh and don't speak Italian :D

https://twitter.com/khaledalnouss1/status/758755059559702532?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/28/zlatan-ibrahimovic-will-to-win-manchester-united

Great article about Zlatan,the man is all about perfection.I await the time he calls for a simple pass and Rooney ignores him to play his floaty pass to the right wing.

Which will probably be the better option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Is 4-2-3-1 our most likely formation?

De Gea
    Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Pogba Schneiderlin
    Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
    Ibrahimovic

Plenty will disagree. You could have Valencia for Darmian (I suspect mourinho wud prefer a new signing). Bailly is an unknown and again I think mourinho wud rather have a more experienced CB there for now.

If Rooney isn't up to it, Herrera cud play 10, so cud Mata or u cud move Mkhitaryan in and put Young, Lingard or Rashford out right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Where's the line to buy tickets for the positivity cruise ship? Tomorrow I'm expecting:
    1. Pogba signing announcement
    2. Frank Ocean's new album

What games would they be? Would it be 2, maybe 3? From the captain, 20+ a year striker, senior squad member and highest paid player he managed to be the best performing player at best 5 times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Borrowed this from redcafe.

Capture.png

I think at the start we will see Rooney no10 instead of Herrera with pogba and one of carrick, bastian, Herrera, Morgan beside him

Bluemoon from a while back,in case any City fans throw it in our faces about signing Pogba. https://web.archive.org/web/20150709010028/http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/pogba.292054/

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Sure make him assistant manager while you're at it.

Yes, cause that is the same thing!

Bringing a top tier player to your team takes more that just money, he can get money from lots of clubs. He is about prestige, power and standing in the game.

Lots of players move clubs and are made capt right away. Mainly Rooney is Capt because of his ego anyway so why is it such a stretch to think that Pogba would now be looking at it

bangkok wrote: »
    I think at the start we will see Rooney no10 instead of Herrera with pogba and one of carrick, bastian, Herrera, Morgan beside him

Schweinsteiger looks to be on the way out of the club.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Yes, cause that is the same thing!

Bringing a top tier player to your team takes more that just money, he can get money from lots of clubs. He is about prestige, power and standing in the game.

Lots of players move clubs and are made capt right away. Mainly Rooney is Capt because of his ego anyway so why is it such a stretch to think that Pogba would now be looking at it

Rooney earned that captaincy and I wouldnt call him egotistical at all. But his fellow players respected him and listened to him and he had a voice and never stopped trying. He was a great example. And that is what captaincy is about.
    In my opinion, Pogba wouldn't have that influence on this team for at least a season or two. He is only barely just turned 23 and has just entered the squad

It's gas, we have signed

Eric Bailly
    Henrik mkhitarayan
    Zlatan ibrahimovic
    Nearly Paul pogba

3 genuine world class players and one with the potential to be the best centre halve in the world

Jose mourinho is our manager

yet some people are still not happy, "we need another cb, we need a right winger, we need another midfielder"

No wonder other fans hate Man Utd. I have friends who support Aston villa, Leeds United and even fecking Nottingham Forrest. Paul Pogba's transfer fee alone would probably buy you them clubs and here we are about to smash the world transfer fee record to sign a midfielder. We are spoilt rotten.

Time will tell but if we sign pogba, this transfer window has the potential to be one of our best in a long time.

Let the good times roll and be happy.

• Advertisement

Bluemoon from a while back,in case any City fans throw it in our faces about signing Pogba. https://web.archive.org/web/20150709010028/http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/pogba.292054/

Theres only about 2 of them in the country :pac: i think we can handle them :D

It's gas, we have signed

Eric Bailly
    Henrik mkhitarayan
    Zlatan ibrahimovic
    Nearly Paul pogba

3 genuine world class players and one with the potential to be the best centre halve in the world

Jose mourinho is our manager

yet some people are still not happy, "we need another cb, we need a right winger, we need another midfielder"

No wonder other fans hate Man Utd. I have friends who support Aston villa, Leeds United and even fecking Nottingham Forrest. Paul Pogba's transfer fee alone would probably buy you them clubs and here we are about to smash the world transfer fee record to sign a midfielder. We are spoilt rotten.

Time will tell but if we sign pogba, this transfer window has the potential to be one of our best in a long time.

Let the good times roll and be happy.

I agree with most of your post apart from the bolded, thats just hyping him up to the extreme

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Schweinsteiger looks to be on the way out of the club.
    Herrera is not a top class player. I've never understood the love he gets on here. Every game I see him, he never impresses me. A mediocre player living on borrowed time I feel. Jose won't accept his hot and cold style.

July 27th: Fosu-Mensah "dabs" with Lingard in the worst advert in history.

July 28th: Mourinho tells Fosu-Mensah he has no future at MUFC

astradave wrote: »
    Theres only about 2 of them in the country :pac: i think we can handle them :D

I know 2 of them unfortunately.

Still no confirmation? I'll believe it when it's on the BBC and not a minute before.

astradave wrote: »
    I agree with most of your post apart from the bolded, thats just hyping him up to the extreme

Should have been one of the best centre halves in the world..

https://twitter.com/ManUtdStuff/status/758766492515241985

Dunno how much credence to put in this but I'll post it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The second one didn't happen anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

He did?

Herrera is not a top class player. I've never understood the love he gets on here. Every game I see him, he never impresses me. A mediocre player living on borrowed time I feel. Jose won't accept his hot and cold style.

Nobody said he was top class did they? He is a very good player, neat on the ball, strong in the tackle and in a better team will prove a very good player.

He's also loved as stevie me got sent off for standing on him after 30 seconds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

https://twitter.com/ManUtdStuff/status/758766492515241985

Dunno how much credence to put in this but I'll post it anyway.

Why would he have his medical in LA?

I assume he would be in LA if he was indeed going along route 66 like his Instagram post said and someone decided to jump on it.

• Must..........resist........posting............Woody.......gifs

magnumbud wrote: »
    He did?

nah, just a joke reply to someone here who said that there was reports that him aand CBJ were up for sale by Jose.

Personlly I doubt it

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Must..........resist........posting............Woody.......gifs

latest?cb=20140612171052

• Advertisement

Bangkok must have two browsers open tonight :):):)

What games would they be? Would it be 2, maybe 3? From the captain, 20+ a year striker, senior squad member and highest paid player he managed to be the best performing player at best 5 times?

Does he have to be the best performing player in every single match?
    Mainly Rooney is Capt because of his ego anyway

What ego?

.??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its takes dedication, have to give him credit

Olly at it again:

woodyknightednss1i.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement