Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jayo26 wrote: »
    Miranda is 29 and I'd say he would be a good experienced center back.

Inter's best player last season.

I would adore to see him at utd

jayo26 wrote: »
    Miranda is 29 and I'd say he would be a good experienced center back.

Miranda is 31 and 32 in September. Where did you get 29?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Miranda is 31 and 32 in September. Where did you get 29?

Out of my head I thought he was 29. Either way a good player but obviously too old.

• Advertisement

gA70GfD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Subotic anyone????
    Last Serb we had was useful
    Or ivanovic,although we've no Eva for him to get his thighs waxed (wink wink)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

There really isn't much great center backs left when you try to think of any

bmcc10 wrote:

Bonucci
    Chiellini
    Hummels

Mike?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Fosu mensah is injured that's why he didn't go to sweden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

bmcc10 wrote: »

Pepe
    Ramos
    Chiellini
    Pique
    Varane
    Thiago silva
    Hummels
    Godin
    Bonucci
    Barzagli
    Boateng
    Smalling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Probably been posted already but whatever

https://twitter.com/ericbailly24/status/758984355259699202?s=09

Positive signs to see such great camaraderie already.

Can't wait to see Ibra come up against the £50 million pound Stones. Man v boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I was one of Smalling's biggest critics but he has been fantastic the last 18 months. I actually think most centre backs have been. It's the midfield that has been constantly overrun bar when it's consisted of Fellaini, Carrick and Herrera as a midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I finally get a chance to watch a preseason game. I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Pogba teasing on Instagram again. Getting a bit boring now. Pretending he's off to get a medical and has his contract in his hand. Couldn't be arsed with another month of this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We get to see Ibrahimovic in a United jersey, playing under Man United manager Jose Mourinho, tonight.

Still can't quite believe that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pogba teasing on Instagram again. Getting a bit boring now. Pretending he's off to get a medical and has his contract in his hand. Couldn't be arsed with another month of this.

I think he is gas.. he was taking a pop at L'Equipe for jumping the gun too.. he is easily one of the most marketable players in the world at the moment and is the face of the new Adidas campaign. He's Woody's wet dream.

Oh he also signs United Jerseys

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/759289045230952448

Here's the full Adidas ad.. pretty good and will be a hit with the social media age.

https://twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/759296194984022016

Mars Bar wrote: »

Not a bad first game of the season for you so. Zlatans first appearance in a united shirt.

Mars Bar wrote:

Are you in Sweden or watching on d telly??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm loving Pogba at the moment. He is exposing the bull**** media reports by poking fun at them saying he is having his medical and has signed his contract. He's on holiday. If anyone is annoyed by the length of time this is taking then you only have yourselves to blame for yet again believing the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone still thinking Jose isn't the man for the job? In a few weeks transfer business like we have never seen before. The club seems a much better place to be judging by what we are seeing players training etc. And united having lost the fear factor look to be getting back to where we belong on top of the pile.

Ladies and gents the mourinho effect

What makes it better again is reading the bitter haters in Facebook so comments read lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anyone still thinking Jose isn't the man for the job? In a few weeks transfer business like we have never seen before. The club seems a much better place to be judging by what we are seeing players training etc. And united having lost the fear factor look to be getting back to where we belong on top of the pile.

Ladies and gents the mourinho effect

Probably the most premature judgement ever but I'm on board with you.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Probably the most premature judgement ever but I'm board with you.

He has made a massive difference so far.

All aboard micks tractor lads........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Pogba teasing on Instagram again. Getting a bit boring now Pretending he's off to get a medical and has his contract in his hand. Couldn't be arsed with another month of this.

FYP :D

That addidas add is brilliant the way they did the build up to it over the past week getting everyone thinking that it was hinting at pogba and United but when the full video is released it actually hasn't any links with the two at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm loving Pogba at the moment. He is exposing the bull**** media reports by poking fun at them saying he is having his medical and has signed his contract. He's on holiday. If anyone is annoyed by the length of time this is taking then you only have yourselves to blame for yet again believing the media.

Exactly, he's on holiday so he should just enjoy his holiday instead of attention seeking constantly. I know if I was on holiday I would be more concerned with enjoying myself than posting supposed cryptic messages on social media. I honestly don't care whether we sign him or not & I'm not believing anything that's written in the media. I'm indifferent, if he signs fair enough. If not I'm sure the club will move on to whoever else they have in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I look at the videos of Pogba in the US, dressed and acting like 50 Cent and I cringe.

Then I realise it's because I'm old now and he's just a young, talented and rich lad having fun whilst he can :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I look at the videos of Pogba in the US, dressed and acting like 50 Cent and I cringe.

Then I realise it's because I'm old now and he's just a young, talented and rich lad having fun whilst he can :(

I went through that phase too.

Now I just think of pancakes, burgers, fantasy football, united winning and the occasional sex thingimythought

• Advertisement

Just cost he dresses like 50 cent who cares?? Like that's the style he likes then more luck to him.

Is it cringe when we wear football jerseys or listen to the Eagles? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Just cost he dresses like 50 cent who cares?? Like that's the style he likes then more luck to him.

Is it cringe when we wear football jerseys or listen to the Eagles? ;)

I meant more like acts but yea, jealousy I suppose.

• Big rumours of Fabhiono to Utd from Monaco

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Game is 6:30, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Personally I don't see the appeal of that ad. Got bored watching it.

BKtje wrote: »
    Personally I don't see the appeal of that ad. Got bored watching it.

I agree I don't either but it's not mentioned to appeal to everyone it's more of a social media add and it has done the job byou the look of it.

Tht blah blah blah slogan everywhere has drove me mad but hey leave them at it.

On a side note one of my favorite united adds was the one of them ripping off the jerseys walking along the roads to old Trafford it was really well done and tasteful to the generations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We get to see Ibrahimovic in a United jersey, playing under Man United manager Jose Mourinho, tonight.

Still can't quite believe that :P

What times ko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Game is 6:30, yeah?

6pm according to flashscore.. I'll be rushing home from the golf course to watch it so hopefully you are right :D

Edit: found its 6.30 on Uniteds Facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm very excited for a friendly. Strange.

I wonder when will zlatan choose to come on.

Can't wait ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

astradave wrote: »
    I think he is gas.. he was taking a pop at L'Equipe for jumping the gun too.. he is easily one of the most marketable players in the world at the moment and is the face of the new Adidas campaign. He's Woody's wet dream.

Oh he also signs United Jerseys

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/759289045230952448

Here's the full Adidas ad.. pretty good and will be a hit with the social media age.

https://twitter.com/adidasfootball/status/759296194984022016

At the risk of seeming dim, who was the fella outside Old Trafford saying "shut up"?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The thing is it will be three weeks tomorrow since the final of the Euros. So that will be Pogba's holiday, maybe he signs in Monday, maybe midweek, but he does sign so that is what matters.

There is a marketing campaign behind the transfer. Raiola tweeted 'Blah, blah, blah'. Then it appears in an Adidas ad.
    Pogba then in a black and white photo with red the other colour.
    Then the red carpet at Universal Studios pretending he has a contract and also about a medical.
    It is similar to Ibrahimovic, it is getting built up and built up for effect, but the deal is done which is the important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Stormzy Rapper

He's a fan I guess
    pogba41.jpg?w=960

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

bangkok wrote: »
    Pepe
    Ramos
    Chiellini
    Pique
    Varane
    Thiago silva
    Hummels
    Godin
    Bonucci
    Barzagli
    Boateng
    Smalling

To sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

brinty wrote: »
    Are you in Sweden or watching on d telly??

On the telly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is it Pogoff now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lukekul wrote: »
    Stormzy Rapper

He's a fan I guess
    pogba41.jpg?w=960

Jesus lads I must be old... I'm a Dj and can safely say I've NEVER heard of him or been asked for anything by him! He must have a great agent!

Is it Pogoff now?

Wish everyone would pogup;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Big rumours of Fabhiono to Utd from Monaco

You're late with that.........Makes it nice for me to say that for a change with the way my timing of stories has been of late.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I dunno if anyone seen it or if its been posted (can't see it on last few pages) but Pogba is trolling on FB/Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpogba/status/759287756002656256?lang=en

My next post is number 666 so I am hoping that it's a sign he will sign for United before my next post :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement