Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Poor matteo :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

J. Marston wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger won't be on pens next season anyway.

The ball has just landed

uRQkl.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I though his sideburns might have put Neuer off with their awesomeness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Some of the sh1test penos you will ever see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Zazas got to be worst by a mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Poor Darmian must be devastated. Brutal shootout. The rte lads saying Schweini only played 102 mins since Jan for Utd. He played more tonight than for us in the 2nd half of the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

astradave wrote: »
    I though his sideburns might have put Neuer off with their awesomeness

Not a patch on Daley's glorious hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not a patch on Daley's glorious hair :D

Have to agree with this, Daley's hair is just glorious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Poor Darmian must be devastated. Brutal shootout. The rte lads saying Schweini only played 102 mins since Jan for Utd. He played more tonight than for us in the 2nd half of the season!

Easy to say I suppose but he had any cop he would have took his chances sticking it down the middle. Neuer was flinging himself 100% one any or the other.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Easy to say I suppose but he had any cop he would have took his chances sticking it down the middle. Neuer was flinging himself 100% one any or the other.

At that stage I'd say 3out of the last 4 Italy penos were down the middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sand wrote: »
    Not as impressed with that myself. Pogba is a Juventus player. Rooney is not a good enough midfielder so why play him there when you have a genuine midfielder like Schneiderlin, Blind, or even TFM? Why play TFM at right back when you have Darmian? Why play Mkhitaryan in the #10 role when you have Mata or Rooney? Why play Rashford on the right wing when you have Mkhitaryan? The whole right side of the team has a combined age of 36 and less club appearances between them.

Apart from last 30min against Iceland, Rooney was very good in midfield at euros.

I think TFM is a better player than darmian is.

Mkhitrayan played a lot of his games for Dortmund in no10 last season and mata is finished at the club.

Age is only a number, rashford is class, sure the left side consists of shaw and martial a combined age of 39, don't see you complaining about that side...... :)

bangkok wrote:
    Apart from last 30min against Iceland, Rooney was very good in midfield at euros.

Wayne Rooney is not a Central midfielder
    bangkok wrote: »
    He probably will turn out to be a better footballer than Darmian in his natural position, which is not RB
    Mkhitrayan played a lot of his games for Dortmund in no10 last season and mata is finished at the club.

He played 8 times as a no.10 out of 51 games.. not "a lot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hococop wrote: »
    Zazas got to be worst by a mile

I thought he was in strictly or something.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought he was in strictly or something.

Must have got lessons from pardew

Think the daily mail have been on the beer too they are saying we told Juve we will pay 100 million for pogba... goodnight all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Sun are claiming an exclusive saying Pogba wants to go to Spain, and if it was Manchester it would be to City over United. It is by a journalist I ever ever heard of.
    Then the Mail say United are prepared to offer Juventus £100 million for Pogba and give him £250,000 a week.

Think the daily mail have been on the beer too they are saying we told Juve we will pay 100 million for pogba... goodnight all.

the Sun are reporting that he wants to go to spain, but then add in he would rather City to playing under Mourinho.. with no sources or quotes :pac: credible bunch that lot!

The Telegraph and Castles both reporting that he is a priority, i have actually started to give credence to what Castles says about United these days as he has very close links to Mendes and Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hell4leather

When will united home kit be launched, also who do you think would be best player to get on the back. ( NOT ZLATAN) thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When will united home kit be launched, also who do you think would be best player to get on the back. ( NOT ZLATAN) thanks in advance.

Later this month, and Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Your favourite player!

Or if this is a pressie, I'd suggest Martial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 hell4leather

Martial is what I was thinking, maybe Rashford, will he keep no.39????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Wayne Rooney is not a Central midfielder

He probably will turn out to be a better footballer than Darmian in his natural position, which is not RB

He played 8 times as a no.10 out of 51 games.. not "a lot"

What is fosu mensah's "natural position" so? Gary Neville wasn't a "natural" right back either and he turned out alright.

I watched Dortmund a lot over the years, he played plenty of times in no10 role. He may have started right side but he drifted all over the pitch, played no10, played left and also as a false 9. I think he will play no10 for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Age is only a number, rashford is class, sure the left side consists of shaw and martial a combined age of 39, don't see you complaining about that side...... :)

I think Messi is a better player than Darmian is, but I wouldn't play him at right back.

I don't agree Mata is finished at the club until Mourinho signs a better #10. He signed Mkhitaryan who has come of a fantastic season playing almost entirely on the wing. United have a fairly obvious weakness on the RW. I'm not Nostradamus but I am presuming Mourinho signed a right winger to solve the right winger problem.

As for the left side & youth, Shaw is young but he has close to a hundred senior club appearances under his belt in the PL, the FA Cup and Europe. He is also an England international. He would have had even *more* appearances only for a season ending injury last season. Martial has over a hundred senior club appearances in the PL, Ligue 1, various domestic cups and Europe. He is also a French international. They are both young players, but they are hugely more experienced than Rashford and TFM. If either Rashford or TFM gets to 100 senior club appearances and are in the first team of MUFC they will be serious players. But they haven't yet, and MUFC have better, more experienced and most importantly proven options at right wing and right back.

Honestly, that team looks like the club only has 15 fit players and is struggling to get a team on the pitch and is making compromises to do so. I really hope that when the season kicks off in August MUFC plan A doesnt involve those sort of compromises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Martial is what I was thinking, maybe Rashford, will he keep no.39????

It's hard to know, if it means that much to you I'd just wait until the squad numbers for next season are released which in fairness might not be for another 3 weeks or so...

Reading the Daily Mail article, they say Juventus want a nine figure sum for Pogba, and this frightened away Real Madrid, PSG and Man City due to FFP rules. That United's huge commercial revenues mean they are less affected and can pay the sum Juventus are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

RobertKK wrote: »
    Reading the Daily Mail article, they say Juventus want a nine figure sum for Pogba, and this frightened away Real Madrid, PSG and Man City due to FFP rules. That United's huge commercial revenues mean they are less affected and can pay the sum Juventus are looking for.

€100,000,000 = £83,944,077, if we pay that, it's bloody mental.

€100,000,000 = £83,944,077, if we pay that, it's bloody mental.

It is more mental than that £100,000,000 = €119,126,936.
    Article says it would smash the record set by Bale which was £86 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Sorry to sound doubtful of the reconcilable value of signing Pogba for that kind of money but if he were to go to Real Madrid it looks like Utd could get Kroos for around half that money.

Would be getting the 'finished' article in Kroos for that rather than an undoubted talent who tends to flit in and out of games which is typical of his performances for France on Euro 2016.

Pogba has yet to dominate a Game in any way shape or form to merit that kind of transfer fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Sorry to sound doubtful of the reconcilable value of signing Pogba for that kind of money but if he were to go to Real Madrid it looks like Utd could get Kroos for around half that money.

Would be getting the 'finished' article for that rather than an undoubted talent who tends to flit in and out of games which is typical of his performances for France on Euro 2016.

Pogba has yet to dominate a Game in any way shape or form to merit that kind of transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Would be getting the 'finished' article for that rather than an undoubted talent who tends to flit in and out of games which is typical of his performances for France on Euro 2016.

Although I agree with the sentiment of Pogbas performances (although only really in the euros), him and Kroos are completely different players. I would love Kroos at United aswell but Pogba is way more dynamic and works as a more box to box midfielder. He contributes goals and assits regularly, while Kroos likes to sit in the hole dictating play. You could make an argument either way on who we need more really but both of them would work well in the same team so it doesnt have to be one or the other for Real (or hopefully United :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Adding Pogba to our team would, IMO give us the title this season, it'd be an unbeleivable squad, and a squad which i, sure most of you wouldn't have beleived last year.

Also, the Pogba fee, how much can we recoup? Fellaini, Rooney (China??), Mata, there's the guts of 40mill maybe

Pogba hasn't dominated a game???? He bloody dominated most of the 2014 world cup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

scudzilla wrote: »
    Adding Pogba to our team would, IMO give us the title this season, it'd be an unbeleivable squad, and a squad which i, sure most of you wouldn't have beleived last year.

Also, the Pogba fee, how much can we recoup? Fellaini, Rooney (China??), Mata, there's the guts of 40mill maybe

Rojo for 5 or 6m surely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Pogba hasn't dominated a game???? He bloody dominated most of the 2014 world cup :)

Pogba has showed no sign of wanting to play for us again.

I hope we dont go down the DiMaria route again.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Pogba has showed no sign of wanting to play for us again.

I hope we dont go down the DiMaria route again.

What signs of wanting to play for us did mkhitaryan show until his agent said few weeks ago? Bailly never mentioned us at all.

Pogba said last year he loves the club. I do agree we shouldn't sign a player that doesn't 100 percent want to come but I also think if jose was here with di Maria he would of been a hit.

Pogba pulls me in both directions to be honest it's a massive risk but it would be a great risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Finally it's so good to see bitterness from other fans when we sign very good players. Absolute gems in other threads. Apparently good way to judge is what the fans feels about player leaving and that too on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Rojo for 5 or 6m surely too.

With the potty transfer fees currently flying around we should get far more than that.

Especially if we sell within England or China where everyone is rich these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Finally it's so good to see bitterness from other fans when we sign very good players. Absolute gems in other threads. Apparently good way to judge is what the fans feels about player leaving and that too on facebook.

Yeah. It's not like the fans would be bitter over him leaving for a bigger club or anything :pac:

Yeah. It's not like the fans would be bitter over him leaving for a bigger club or anything :pac:

Still bitter because he rejected them in 2013 for a better club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Still bitter because he rejected them in 2013 for a better club.

Well that's a given. I meant the Dortmund fans. One of your star performers packs up and heads off to a bigger club, how is the comments their sore fans have to say on Facebook supposed to be a good indicator of anything?
    Stupidest thing I've heard in a while... and it's open season on the soccer forum so that takes some doing.

I just seen that and nearly spit my tea out. Haha he was involved in over 50 of their goals last season and one of the fans said he was a dead weight.

The only thing that concerns me is the agent always pops up as been hated everywhere and same with pogba.

United are in talks to sign Mexican striker Hirving Lozano according MEN.

I've always loved that player.

The only thing that concerns me is the agent always pops up as been hated everywhere and sane with pogba.

Well Fergie detests him aswell, a shady character but one that seems to do well by his clients and make both them and himself good money!

United are in talks to sign Mexican striker Hirving Lozano according MEN.

I've always loved that player.

Even Wikipedia is giving me very little information on this one, a winger apparently!

duffman13 wrote: »
    Well Fergie detests him aswell, a shady character but one that seems to do well by his clients and make both them and himself good money!

Fergie wanted to box him didn't he ha. If we do end up signing pogba it would have to be a minimum 6 year contract for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well that's a given. I meant the Dortmund fans. One of your star performers packs up and heads off to a bigger club, how is the comments their sore fans have to say on Facebook supposed to be a good indicator of anything?
    Stupidest thing I've heard in a while... and it's open season on the soccer forum so that takes some doing.

Its not hard to see why they are so salty.

Year in year out their bones are picked by Munich or their best players want to go to bigger clubs.

Doesn't make it any less funny though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

RobertKK wrote: »
    So it is being claimed that Mkhitaryan texted Thomas Tuchel, the manager of Borussia Dortmund about his transfer to United.
    He was suppose to have been close to agreeing a new contract with Dortmund in May, but he had terminated the lease on his house in Dortmund in March, probably had to give something like a three month notice.
    It is claimed the text simply read "I go to Manchester".

A sign that the ground work was done under the previous regime I guess, either way full credit to Woodward and Mourinho for addressing key problem areas so early in the window, bit more gravy between here and the opening game would be delicious

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A sign that the ground work was done under the previous regime I guess, either way full credit to Woodward and Mourinho for addressing key problem areas so early in the window, bit more gravy between here and the opening game would be delicious

Or a sign that Mourinho has known for months that he was going to United and was tapping up players legally while he was out of work. Maybe that's why Dortmund are so bitter :D

Yeah. Using comments from Facebook to judge how good player was is new low on boards. Obviously Dortmund fans are bitter about losing 3 key players, so they won't be very gracious with their comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Or a sign that Mourinho has known for months that he was going to United and was tapping up players legally while he was out of work. Maybe that's why Dortmund are so bitter :D

Yep thats a possibility for sure. Though afaik tapping up is only a problem between two English teams.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement