Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Zlatan already being a great influence on Marcus Rashford

https://twitter.com/TrueRedDevils__/status/759478564764856320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Watching Chelsea and real here on Chelsea TV united really messed up pre season in Asia the stadium and pitch in america looks prestine as always I hope united learned the lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

astradave wrote: »
    What did he say? No Subtitles on MUTV the ****ers

Happy with the game. Galatasaray had more games played. Some United players only training for 2 days.

Squad is competitive. He wouldn't give a player a single minute if he wasn't in his plans. Club will play 60 games this season, cant be done with 11 players.

Club>Squad>Individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Valencia crossing was of old I hope he could do that during the season. Three assists in that match.

Fellaini and Mata both scored great goals.Mata assisting or scoring in each of the pre-season games is a good boost for him showing what he can do.

Mourhino's interview was spot on too. He always has the right things to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

astradave wrote: »
    What did he say? No Subtitles on MUTV the ****ers

The negative:
    The time wasted in China, and the lack of playing time for some players, given the league starts in two weeks time.

The Positive:
    He was happy with the everything else.
    Happy with the mistakes, really happy with those he said as it is something that one can work on.
    Happy with Galatasaray.
    Happy with the players who had only two days training.
    He was just happy really.

He said he wouldn't have played anyone who was not in his plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sand wrote: »
    Happy with the game. Galatasaray had more games played. Some United players only training for 2 days.

Squad is competitive. He wouldn't give a player a single minute if he wasn't in his plans. Club will play 60 games this season, cant be done with 11 players.

Club>Squad>Individual.
    RobertKK wrote: »
    The negative:
    The time wasted in China, and the lack of playing time for some players, given the league starts in two weeks time.

The Positive:
    He was happy with the everything else.
    Happy with the mistakes, really happy with those he said as it is something that one can work on.
    Happy with Galatasaray.
    Happy with the players who had only two days training.
    He was just happy really.

He said he wouldn't have played anyone who was not in his plans.

82954-thank-you-gif-Phil-Dunphy-thum-UQ0F.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    Watching Chelsea and real here on Chelsea TV united really messed up pre season in Asia the stadium and pitch in america looks prestine as always I hope united learned the lessons.

I say the next time United go to China the pitch will be perfect given what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

United v Everton is on BT Sports 1 on Wednesday.
    Coverage starts at 7.15pm.

And at least with it being Rooney's testimonial the thread should be a bit more bearable with all the naysayers too debilitated at the thought of watching such a spectacle. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Gas how most here reckoned the starting line up minus Rooney was the way to go, yet United's most dominating and fruitful spell came when Ibrahimovich, Martial and Mkhitaryan were off the field while Rooney was still on.

Ibra and Martial are only back two/three days.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    And at least with it being Rooney's testimonial the thread should be a bit more bearable with all the naysayers too debilitated at the thought of watching such a spectacle. ;)

Hopefully he plays a stormer for Everton :p

All that money if they sell Lukaku...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Why did United get a trophy today? Was it part of the ICC thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I hope Jose keeps Mata. He was brilliant in the second half. His goal was the best of the 5. Still not sunk in yet that we've got Zlatan.

The faces on the bench when Zlatan scored

cou07bh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Rashford really is something special. I feel he's undervalued by a portion of the fans as he's homegrown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Shane St. wrote: »
    Rashford really is something special. I feel he's undervalued by a portion of the fans as he's homegrown

I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about him at all. Seems general consensus is he should be getting a lot of games and is the future of our attack

United v Everton is on BT Sports 1 on Wednesday.
    Coverage starts at 7.15pm.

Thanks Virgin Media :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Shane St. wrote: »

Eh no. He's loved pretty much universally. Give him a short dry spell and that will change sharpish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I hate watching utd games by other means but from what iv seen, we played some unbelieable stuff, specially in the 2nd half.

That Mata goal was delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

"We'll see if Pogba comes. Then it will be really interesting". Reporter didn't even ask about Pogba.. Reporter then asks ""What do you think about Pogba?" "Good. " *Zlatan walks away*

https://twitter.com/theldabh/status/759473187323338752

(Taken from reddit)

I think he realised he fcuked up by dropping his name so he left asap :p
    Surely this dude is coming!!!!

• Advertisement

If this doesn't turn you on, then lord help you :)

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/hamw.mp4

Unfortunate angle for Memphis after beating his man but sexy as fcuk nonetheless. Old Trafford would blow up if we saw this kind of football on a regular basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nothing would please me more than Mata having a good season, after 3 years of his career wasted in a non functioning team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Unfortunate angle for Memphis after beating his man but sexy as fcuk nonetheless. Old Trafford would blow up if we saw this kind of football on a regular basis.

That was beautiful

All of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

"We'll see if Pogba comes. Then it will be really interesting". Reporter didn't even ask about Pogba.. Reporter then asks ""What do you think about Pogba?" "Good. " *Zlatan walks away*

https://twitter.com/theldabh/status/759473187323338752

(Taken from reddit)

I think he realised he fcuked up by dropping his name so he left asap :p
    Surely this dude is coming!!!!

That can't be a slip of the tounge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Funny thing about it, if that was a LVG team, Carrick's first pass to Mata wouldnt of happened. It would of been a pass back to the CB's again

• Advertisement

LVG must be after blowing a fuse... The "6" (carrick) crossing the ball.... MADNESS

MrMac84 wrote: »
    LVG must be after blowing a fuse... The "6" (carrick) crossing the ball.... MADNESS

I imagine LVG watching that like this

66068-panic-gif-sgeU.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If this doesn't turn you on, then lord help you

Oh my oh my
    That's horny football as lvg would say

Lads Jose is a joke he called Mike Chris in that interview I know he is not here long but he should be getting the players names right

Lads Im so happy the way things are panning out so far and Im not even drunk..

Yet..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

That can't be a slip of the tounge

In fairness, the entire globe knows Pogba might come. Doubt the players are briefed on the state of negotiations though.

gosplan wrote: »
    In fairness, the entire globe knows Pogba might come. Doubt the players are briefed on the state of negotiations though.

OR whilst speaking to the agent they both have he let something slip

It would be more crazy at this stage for Pogba not to sign for us than to sign for us.

After seeing that Adidas ad, the pictures of him signing Utd shirts, the slight hints on his Instagram, the billion articles and tweets, and Zlatan dropping his name randomly in an interview today, it would be utter malarkey for him not to be here come end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ah yeah, looks "close" alright, certain to be decided "soon", possibly the next "24 or 48 hours".....

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's not just any player tho.... zlatan says

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Jose: "We are going to play 60 matches"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Nothing would please me more than Mata having a good season, after 3 years of his career wasted in a non functioning team

Pity Mourinho doesn't rate him, he could be a real match winner if he was a nailed on starter and had the confidence that would give him. Hard to see where he starts when everyone, particularly Rooney, is fit and available for selection. I don't see him as an impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Pity Mourinho doesn't rate him, he could be a real match winner if he was a nailed on starter and had the confidence that would give him. Hard to see where he starts when everyone, particularly Rooney, is fit and available for selection. I don't see him as an impact sub.

Jose has recently said that he knows Mata is a good player & there is room for him in the team. So this myth has been debunked.

Fair enough Rooney scored twice tonight but I still believe Mata is a far superior #10 & should start there based on pre-season form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Jose has recently said that he knows Mata is a good player & there is room for him in the team. So this myth has been debunked.
    Myths don't have evidence to support them and the fact is Mourinho offloaded Mata when he was Chelsea manager. Villas Boas signed him for big money and as soon as Mourinho got organised in his second stint at Chelsea he offloaded Mata. There's no myth about it. He never bought Mata, Mata isn't his guy, he sold him once before (which he wouldn't do if he rated him) and he's saying a few nice things about him now so he can put him in the shop window.....again!!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/458710/Jose-Mourinho-CORRECT-to-offload-Chelsea-favourite-Juan-Mata-to-Manchester-United

Fair enough Rooney scored twice tonight but I still believe Mata is a far superior #10 & should start there based on pre-season form.
    Rooney is Captain, Mourinho has a well publicised man love thing going on for Rooney. Rooney plays when fit, end of. Especially ahead of Mata.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/manchester-united-news-jose-mourinho-brands-wayne-rooney-englands-best-player-for-over-a-decade-a7072396.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Its not like he shoved Mata out the door at a bargain price, he got top dollar for a player he was not prepared to bow to in terms of playing time, he envisioned Oscar getting the most game time, Mata as rotational/back up, would play plenty but seeing the reactions of Mata any time he was subbed, or did not get on the pitch would be enough to convince someone like Mourinho that it is better to get rid. If United had not offered very big money I don't think he would have been sold either, it simply made the most sense to cash in on a player not seen as vital and who was becoming a bit of a problem.

There were rumours of it being something personal also, before Jose even took the job again rumours surfaced that they did not get along, or that something had happened. This could also have been put to bed in the meantime, we have no idea. All we can say for sure is that Mata certainly has a place in this squad, Jose also thinks so. A direct quote from him saying he knows Mata is a good player, also saying that he would not give someone even 1 minute if he was not in his plans.

A little too much gets made out of Jose selling him, if he had sold him straight away that summer, maybe, or if he had let him go on the cheap, perhaps you could give it some credence but the reality is he saw him as a member of his squad, but not a key player for the first team with how he lined up, Mata felt differently and was not happy with his role (he was the two time POTY so had a right to feel aggrieved in fairness) United offered big money, Mata wanted to go. Nothing too crazy about that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Myths don't have evidence to support them and the fact is Mourinho offloaded Mata when he was Chelsea manager. Villas Boas signed him for big money and as soon as Mourinho got organised in his second stint at Chelsea he offloaded Mata. There's no myth about it. He never bought Mata, Mata isn't his guy, he sold him once before (which he wouldn't do if he rated him) and he's saying a few nice things about him now so he can put him in the shop window.....again!!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/458710/Jose-Mourinho-CORRECT-to-offload-Chelsea-favourite-Juan-Mata-to-Manchester-United

Rooney is Captain, Mourinho has a well publicised man love thing going on for Rooney. Rooney plays when fit, end of. Especially ahead of Mata.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/manchester-united-news-jose-mourinho-brands-wayne-rooney-englands-best-player-for-over-a-decade-a7072396.html

The myth in this case being - Jose sold Mata once he doesn't rate him & will sell again. This was being touted from the minute Jose was announced as manager.

Fact - Jose has said in recent interview that Mata is a good player & there's room for him in squad, Oscar was ahead of him at Chelsea, he didn't force Chelsea to sell him & Mata wanted to go, transfer fee was too good to turn down He said Mata was unhappy then & he thinks he is now happy.(it was previously posted here & I can't be bothered searching for links as it's 2am)

By your own logic should Jose not sell all of the squad bar 3 as "they're not his guys?"

Yes Rooney is Captain & Jose allegedly tried to sign him previously . Rooney has declined since then & although Jose likes him I would think he could see if he's playing poorly & drop him if necessary.

Jose has also said Rooney & everybody will be fighting for their place & the team's goal is more important than individuals.

It remains to be seen whether Mata will go & we also don't know conclusively where Jose wants to play Rooney but Mata is still a better 10.

Plenty of games to go around this season, it's still difficult to see the best 11, based on tonight's game everybody is in with a chance of stamping their name on the teamsheet.

The myth in this case being - Jose sold Mata once he doesn't rate him & will sell again. This was being touted from the minute Jose was announced as manager.

Fact - Jose has said in recent interview that Mata is a good player & there's room for him in squad, Oscar was ahead of him at Chelsea, he didn't force Chelsea to sell him & Mata wanted to go, transfer fee was too good to turn down He said Mata was unhappy then & he thinks he is now happy.(it was previously posted here & I can't be bothered searching for links as it's 2am)

By your own logic should Jose not sell all of the squad bar 3 as "they're not his guys?"

Yes Rooney is Captain & Jose allegedly tried to sign him previously . Rooney has declined since then & although Jose likes him I would think he could see if he's playing poorly & drop him if necessary.

Jose has also said Rooney & everybody will be fighting for their place & the team's goal is more important than individuals.

It remains to be seen whether Mata will go & we also don't know conclusively where Jose wants to play Rooney but Mata is still a better 10.

Plenty of games to go around this season, it's still difficult to see the best 11, based on tonight's game everybody is in with a chance of stamping their name on the teamsheet.
    That is the greatest after night club post I've seen!!! Ever!!

That is the greatest after night club post I've seen!!! Ever!!

Will I take that as a compliment? :)

Just got to catch up on the highlights there. Some very promising stuff in the second half. I know it's only preseason and the 3rd game of Jose's spell, but I can already see the effect of LVG's shackles being removed.

I got a good laugh out of some of those shots of our lads on the bench. Herrera poking Zlatan with a "He is real and he is right in front of me" look of wonder on his face. Morale seems high, and Zlatan will have such a positive effect on many of the younger players.

Also, this comment from some guy on reddit seems to sum up the live online reaction to Rooney's game. Reading back over this thread after the fact was a bit mad alright :pac:
    Manchester United 1-2 Galatasaray - ''We will never win the League, Rooney needs to be human sacrificed. Let's buy Batman and Varane and Messi and Louis CK''

Manchester United 5-2 Galatasaray - ''Rooney played world-class to be fair. Treble is ON, boys!!''

Gas how most here reckoned the starting line up minus Rooney was the way to go, yet United's most dominating and fruitful spell came when Ibrahimovich, Martial and Mkhitaryan were off the field while Rooney was still on.

Rooney has been average or worse for a season now but half a friendly has you convinced the other way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Je_suis_Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

This is the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba's agent and Ibra's agent are same, also Raiola is very very close with Zlatan. In his book he said Raiola was like his family member.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Like many players in the squad, Mata will be told he's not first choice. If he doesn't mind, he stays. If he does, his agent puts the feelers out for alternative options. If an attractive one for player and club arrives, he goes. Otherwise, he stays.

That's how I see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement