Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

jayo26 wrote: »
    That would be an unreal waste of a career if it happened. I know people move for money but come on what is there to achieve for someone like Lukaku in China.

When did Chelsea move to china?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Interesting that's 2 of our players openly talking about Pogba.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/759865066296643584

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

That would be an unreal waste of a career if it happened. I know people move for money but come on what is there to achieve for someone like Lukaku in China.

Huh??? Where did China come from???? He said Chelsea buddy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahha lads I'm some dope lol i read it nd seen China instead of Chelsea fuk that think I've had enough drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ahha lads I'm some dope lol i read it nd seen China instead of Chelsea fuk that think I've had enough drinks.

OR....... Not enough

MrMac84 wrote: »
    OR....... Not enough

Yes I prefer that way of thinking.

Yes I prefer that way of thinking.

I don't have a drink problem...... I have a problem without it.....

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don't have a drink problem...... I have a problem without it.....

Fuk it I'm worse now ha.

Darmian very unlikely to leave this summer..

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/759878389213728768

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Today is the day

Or maybe tomorrow, I can feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

astradave wrote: »
    Interesting that's 2 of our players openly talking about Pogba.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/759865066296643584
    That's actually worries me a tiny bit, makes you wonder if the fee is continuing to be an issue, as if to try and force their hand this way. Madrid have dine it a good bit in the pasta (barca too) but they're seen as the absolute pinnacle lately, whereas we're a club that can have transfers stolen from under our noses if one of a small group come along (e.g. Renato Sanches).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Billy86 wrote: »
    That's actually worries me a tiny bit, makes you wonder if the fee is continuing to be an issue, as if to try and force their hand this way. Madrid have dine it a good bit in the pasta (barca too) but they're seen as the absolute pinnacle lately, whereas we're a club that can have transfers stolen from under our noses if one of a small group come along (e.g. Renato Sanches).

The fee isn't an issue, we have the money, everyone and their dog knows it.

At this stage its whether he will join us and give his all or not and say yes, I want to go back.

If he doesn't feel lucky enough to wear the jersey again then let him off and stop pandering to his agents nonsense.

Like big Al said, there is nobody bigger than Manchester United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Quiet day. Pogba fatigue setting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

GSPfan wrote: »

It's quiet alright, I'm still getting over the fact that Valencia got 3 assists the other night :D

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »

We should have kept Nani!
    Is Mata cup tied?
    Anderson is fat

That should keep us going for a few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

It's quiet alright, I'm still getting over the fact that Valencia got 3 assists the other night :D

He had a great end of season. I had him in the fantasy line up, he was making half the assists during the run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Has he signed yet
    Has he signed yet
    Has he signed yet
    Has he signed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

And we scored more than 3 goals in a game! Must be the first time since the win against Brugge last August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Some squad we have now. Expecting a title very soon. The actual Premier League.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    And we scored more than 3 goals in a game! Must be the first time since the win against Brugge last August

I hope it wasn't a false dawn like that game against brugge turned out to be ha.

Alot of media saying that Pogba maybe jetting in for a medical pretty soon. It's at the stage now if it's going to happen it will be happening now. He is just about finished holiday and juventus are gonna be announcing shirt numbers with reports that Dybala could be getting the number 10.

Moyes supposedly said he is interested in Fellaini and Januzaj.. gonna be on Sky soon

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/760057499059908609

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'll drop Januzaj up to Sunderland personally. I'll throw in an airfreshener, some jammy dodgers and a few scratchcards if they take that overrated moanbag off our hands. Big Fell is staying though.

Moyes supposedly said he is interested in Fellaini and Januzaj.. gonna be on Sky soon

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/760057499059908609

Should be 50 million back if moyes has anything to do with it.

Realistically would we get 30 million for the 2? I think fellaini is staying tho jose said he wouldn't of brought players to Sweden if they were not in his plans and I think he will like fellaini.

Should be 50 million back if moyes has anything to do with it.

Realistically would we get 30 million for the 2? I think fellaini is staying tho jose said he wouldn't of brought players to Sweden if they were not in his plans and I think he will like fellaini.

Well he also said if a player wanted to leave he wouldn't stop them as he only wants players that want to play and are prepared to be part of the squad.

Reports are that we would want at least £20m for Fellaini and £25m for Januzaj. No longer getting **** fees for players :D

Schweinsteiger has said he wants to stay too according to Bild

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm wondering who that Valenica was, and what he did to the real one, amazed would be an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Id rather we kept Fellaini.

Send Januzaj off on loan and if it dosnt work for him then ship him off for good.

Still think Fellaini has a part to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Morgan Schneiderlin admits he cannot wait for the new season to begin after sensing the “confidence and winning mentality” that Jose Mourinho has brought to Manchester United.

The France international was granted an extended holiday this summer following his participation at Euro 2016 and returned to the Aon Training Complex last Thursday, making his maiden appearance of the new regime during the first half of Saturday’s 5-2 win over Galatasaray.

Although he has only been back for a few days, Schneiderlin is already confident Mourinho can guide the Reds towards success in 2016/17. “I can see a lot of smiles and a lot of enjoyment in the training sessions, which is good,” Morgan told ManUtd.com during an exclusive interview in Gothenburg, Sweden, at the weekend. “The training sessions are sharp and it is very enjoyable. I can feel that confidence and winning mentality which will make us a very good team this season.”

Schneiderlin joined United from Southampton in July 2015 and endured mixed emotions during his first season, as the team finished fifth in the Premier League but lifted the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium. Looking forward, Morgan is now determined to impress and improve with a new manager at the helm.

“It is a big season for me,” he said. “Of course there were a lot of things that happened last season, but I am looking forward and this season is going to be very important for me. I am really enjoying every training session, which is good. It is good to have this joy and I can’t wait to start the season.

“I came back training on Thursday and my feeling in the first game against Galatasaray was great, to be honest with you,” Schneiderlin continued. “I felt good, I felt like I could run even more so that is good. The first half was a bit harder than the second half for the team, but it was good to have those 45 minutes under my belt and to keep on working hard. I’m looking forward to the next match now.”

Big season for him indeed. Another poor season and it's taxi time.

If Pogba arrives then it might be difficult for him to feature if Jose fancies Fellaini and the experience of Carrick not to mention Herrera to a lesser extent.

Also, I really hope TFM is given chances againt his season he is a beast.

Well he also said if a player wanted to leave he wouldn't stop them as he only wants players that want to play and are prepared to be part of the squad.

Reports are that we would want at least £20m for Fellaini and £25m for Januzaj. No longer getting **** fees for players :D

Schweinsteiger has said he wants to stay too according to Bild

I can't see fellaini wanting to move unless he is asked to. He seems happy enough to be part of a team with no fuss that's the kind of squad players we need.

I can't see fellaini wanting to move unless he is asked to. He seems happy enough to be part of a team with no fuss that's the kind of squad players we need.

Yeah himself and Ashley Young are the ideal type of Squad players you need.. delighted to be playing a part in the squad and will always give everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

SSN saying the Pogba deal is virtually done. Just have to cross the T's for Paul's contract

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

CoxP3ZNWAAA2vHV.jpg:large

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

The rumours are true, moyes wants fellaini. Hopefully it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Billy86 wrote: »
    Madrid have dine it a good bit in the pasta (barca too) but they're seen as the absolute pinnacle lately,.

Admit it ... you wrote that sentence when you were hungry ....

Yeah himself and Ashley Young are the ideal type of Squad players you need.. delighted to be playing a part in the squad and will always give everything

Exactly and going by players they say jose can make a player feel like he is best in the world by how he talks to them that kind of thing can only help the United squad from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I'd be disappointed to lose Fellaini. As others have said he's a good squad option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

bangkok wrote: »

It did, 3 years ago, great signing for us.

On a serious note he's a brilliant option for any squad and I don't see Mourinho losing a nuisance like him. Hope he stays

If Fellaini wants to leave i hope it's not to Sunderland.. he is way above their level.. he is a starting midfielder for a top half team in the league..

He's a useful squad addition for us. A good option to have from the bench. I hope he stays but I wouldn't begrudge him of a move away.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    It did, 3 years ago, great signing for us.

On a serious note he's a brilliant option for any squad and I don't see Mourinho losing a nuisance like him. Hope he stays

27m don't kid yourself he wasn't a "great signing"

Man Utd don't need players who are a "nuisance" that's more a Sunderland/Everton type player, exactly what fellaini is. If pogba signs this week I think he will be sold.

27m don't kid yourself he wasn't a "great signing"

Man Utd don't need players who are a "nuisance" that's more a Sunderland/Everton type player, exactly what fellaini is. If pogba signs this week I think he will be sold.

165de53ec592b5b2a4f8d71c34ef55ef9bddb5c0c95cbae6.jpgimage upload no compression

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

I dont see why United would want to move on Fellani

Hes a great squad option to have

He doesnt need to start every game

But I feel he gets a lot of abuse aimed his way due to his association with Moyes

His performances have been a good deal higher than most United players

I find it funny the amount of abuse and criticism our 2nd highest goal scorer in the clubs history gets and then if someone mentions fellaini he is defended to the last. Great squad option, nuisance to other teams bla bla bla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I find it funny the amount of abuse and criticism our 2nd highest goal scorer in the clubs history gets and then if someone mentions fellaini he is defended to the last. Great squad option, nuisance to other teams bla bla bla

I find it funny when people set up a false dichotomy like this.

Rooney, a world class talent whobgas proved as such for the last decade odd, has been misfiring in a misfiring team for the last few years. To me, it seems obvious to let him prove his worthnin a functioning team.

Fellaini has worked his ass off for the last few years and has been consistent when many others haven't. To me, it seems obvious to let him prove his worth in a functioning team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Because they are two players demanding two different roles in the squad, with different wages, different expectations.

If Rooney was reduced to the squad role Fellaini occupies, I would be thrilled...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

He also wants Januzaj according to same reports .. what is your opinion on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Quoting this because, despite the fact that you can't compare them, there is a point here.

Half the people here sound like they feel sorry for Fellaini with all the condescending pats on the back he gets.

Remember all the times we all groaned in the past three years when we'd see him coming as a substitute because we knew we were resorting to launching the ball at him? Like it or not, given his strengths he's not going to be able to feature in a team that has any aspirations to win football matches and trophies in an entertaining manner and having him around will serve as nothing more than temptation to not bother trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have just started getting into Podcasts. Which are the best United ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I find it funny when people set up a false dichotomy like this.

Rooney, a world class talent whobgas proved as such for the last decade odd, has been misfiring in a misfiring team for the last few years. To me, it seems obvious to let him prove his worthnin a functioning team.

Fellaini has worked his ass off for the last few years and has been consistent when many others haven't. To me, it seems obvious to let him prove his worth in a functioning team.

2nd highest United goal scorer last season (2 behind 1st, 5 ahead of 3rd), top scorer the season before that, and top scorer the season before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I find it funny the amount of stick you throw Fellainis way because he is not palatable to you as the kind of United player you like. He offers something different and can change games, he has a massive role to play in the squad.

If we are winning 1-0 against a bottom half side then Fellaini is great player to bring on to help defend the lead. He's also a weapon going forward. I think he has something to offer the team, id hope he's a squad player but I can see Jose using him in certain games.

As for your take on Rooney id agree he gets unfair amount of criticism (like you on Fellaini) but for more than two seasons nobody has been able to bed down whether he is a striker, a no.10 or a centre midfielder. Rooney has been a great servant to United and I hope he sticks around, again because like Fellaini he is a great option in a squad of players but no longer the first name on the team sheet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement