Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    12 hour flight, medical, contract, photoshoot, sponsors, more than likely Wednesday.

Your so bloody pedantic haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just looking at that.. that's the tee-shirt he was wearing yesterday.. could he already have flown?

EDIT: he was wearing it a few days ago for a fan Photo in LA.. cheap fecker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

If he sits it out for the next two years or Utd cancel his contract it will have been a very poor return for a £45.6m investment.

I don't know how I'll sleep at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Your so bloody pedantic haha.

I think you mean vile

astradave wrote: »
    Serious question here.. how do YOU compare players for possession under pressure? Do you not use your own opinion?

It's not really something I would pay much attention to to be honest, generally if a player has a good touch and a bit of skill they will see themselves out of a tight spot or if they are good at passing will pass themselves out of trouble. Carrick has both a good touch and is one of the best passers at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A nice touch by Gary Neville in helping Paul McGrath raise money for charity.

http://www.sundayworld.com/sport/soccer/kind-hearted-gary-neville-helps-paul-mcgrath-raise-a-fortune

glued wrote: »
    There were reports some players weren't happy with Schweinsteiger and he was allowed to do as he pleased under LVG. Not surprised he's gone if those reports are true.

Was there? I never heard anything like that, the ultimate professional.

I think you mean vile

That aswell

It's not really something I would pay much attention to to be honest, generally if a player has a good touch and a bit of skill they will see themselves out of a tight spot or if they are good at passing will pass themselves out of trouble. Carrick has both a good touch and is one of the best passers at the club

Fair enough, was just wondering as your reply sounded as if you used stats or something.

Personally I don't think Carrick is the best under pressure, he tends to look very nervous on the ball and I find he passes back more often than not when he is closed down, that doesn't take away from his other attributes though and I think he is probably the best passer in the squad at present.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was there? I never heard anything like that, the ultimate professional.

Iirc, it stemmed from the fact that, when hurt, he would go back to Germany instead of rehabbing with the team/at United facilities. Other players felt it was special treatment none of them would have gotten, and that it was Schwienstiger isolating himself to an extent, rather than team building with the rest of the squad.

Ahh here I give up. This worse then going shopping with the missus always another shop to go to.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh here I give up. This worse then going shopping with the missus always another shop to go to.

Could be a lay over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Adamocovic wrote: »
    There's probably a few out there but generally the sky sports news app, if you turn on push notifications notifies you of big news stories, so if a deal is done for big money or manager sacked hired etc.

Is it possible to filter the push notifications to football only? They keep spamming me about formula1 and cricket. Android by the way

Could be a lay over :D

Dont care I've turned off the alerts to his Instagram account fuk that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Unearthly wrote: »
    Is it possible to filter the push notifications to football only? They keep spamming me about formula1 and cricket. Android by the way

I actually don't know, don't think so, it is a bit gas hearing the phone go off only to find out England have won some cricket match :P

Android app only has notifications for breaking news stories.. can't filter to football only. Sky have gone pretty terrible atm. You might be better off just keeping a tab open for the transfer tweets from Redcafe. They have a thread that filters all the discussion out and just has the tweets.. though it's not just done deals..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Theres a Sky Sports News and a Sky Sports Football app, I'm pretty sure

Take a look at "Sky Sports Live Football SC"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.fbscore

Try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So Schweinsteiger cost £14.4m and is one year into a three year contract worth £200,000 a week. Total cost over the three years is £45.6m.

At his age and how he demonstrated his willingness to sit on the sidelines picking up his wages last year what motivation would he have to move to another club on lesser wages? Is it possible a Chinese club would come in, pay a silly transfer fee and pay him even more silly wages? Can't see any top European club wasting either a transfer fee or wages on him.

If he sits it out for the next two years or Utd cancel his contract it will have been a very poor return for a £45.6m investment.

I see you, you know.

I know what you do, and it doesn't work properly like this.

Anyways, Basti did not cost 14mil, if the rest is based on bs I am happy enough to have skimmed through.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Guess who landed in New York this morning..

That's right...

https://twitter.com/realmadriden/status/759615612255629312

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

That's right...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Is it certain hes going to ny? Other results on twitter claim its Manchester as la to manchester is currently delayed supposedly

EDIT there is currently a flight to manchester delayed to arrive 11 am

but there is also about 10 delayed to NY also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

That's right...

giphy.gif

tumblr_nro0wepDDQ1sn30dso1_500.gif

That's right...

7WlEkydlQEi0o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Schweinsteiger's last tweet was a retweet of United wishing him a happy birthday.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/760014216963104768

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

RobertKK wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger's last tweet was a retweet of United wishing him a happy birthday.

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/760014216963104768

The club's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, if the reports about him being booted are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

He should never of been brought in at this stage in his career. Never suited the team and there's better options already in the squad.

Great player on his day but he never had a career at United so won't miss him.

Literally anytime he played, he was far superior to Carrick. Can't understand the belittlement

Also, kind of taking the piss with Pogba here. Most other players have got training and a pre-season game under the belt. Most have reported back to their clubs. Pogba is swanning around the states.

Why isn't he ensuring a deal is concluded to where he is moving, and getting back into training. It's less then 3 weeks before kickoff for any clubs.

Bit of a ****ty attitude imo, milking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wishing him a happy birthday is showing respect, telling him he is surplus to requirements is business.

He can play for the under 21s earning 200k a week if he wants, maybe if he gets himself in good shape Jose will let him back into the frame. At the Euros every time I saw him I couldn't help but think of that fat kid with chocolate from the Simpsons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also, kind of taking the piss with Pogba here. Most other players have got training and a pre-season game under the belt. Most have reported back to their clubs. Pogba is swanning around the states.

Why isn't he ensuring a deal is concluded to where he is moving, and getting back into training. It's less then 3 weeks before kickoff for any clubs.

Id imagine its because he played a lot of games if not all at the Euros and he was there till the final game. He is entitled to time off work. If Juventus allowed him to have this time off then he would be a sap not to take it. He doesn't look unfit either so doubt it's gonna be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Most didn't play in a Euro final 3 weeks ago.

Most didn't play in a Euro final 3 weeks ago.

And yet plenty who did are back at their clubs training, some with gametime under their belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pogba losses possession more often as he is trying to create goals or make killer passes, fellaini doesn't do this. Pogba had I think 12 assists last season, 10 goals, as far as I am aware fellaini didn't even have an assist. I actually can't believe I'm comparing the two.

No, Pogba isn't as consistent in CM in games because he doesn't have those skills and attributes.

Things that Pogba doesn't do as consistently within games in CM as Fellaini: show for the ball; keep and distribute possession when his midfield is being pressed; control the ball with his first touch; take up covering positions in anticipation of his team losing possession; take up defensive positions when defending.

Pogba may develop those skills in time. But at Juventus at different times they used him and needed him in various roles. One that he struggled with was the simple, consistent CM job of keeping his team ticking over when under pressure.

Pogba is better at creating and scoring, yes. As I said, he's much the better 10 of the two players. Those skills (and the correlating stats of goals and assists, etc) are not important for CMs. It's been shown many times that truly great CMs don't necessarily show up in those stats at all.
    I'm not really sure how you are comparing fellaini and carrick for possession under pressure or is that just your opinion looking at the two of them?

Yes, it's my opinion from watching the two of them.
    ...generally if a player has a good touch and a bit of skill they will see themselves out of a tight spot or if they are good at passing will pass themselves out of trouble. Carrick has both a good touch and is one of the best passers at the club

Carrick has a weak first touch. Fellaini's is much better. And you can't just pass yourself out of pressing without just putting that pressure onto your teammates. If a CM can't control the ball really well with his first touch then it's easy for the opposition to shut them down when pressing and all the fancy passing in the world won't fix that problem for the team.
    It's not really something I would pay much attention to to be honest,

Then you shouldn't be debating the topic.

A lot of the players that played in the final are still on holidays. If you are going to question Pogba's attitude, what about Evra? Nani? Ronaldo? Griezmann? IIRC the Italian league starts later than the EPL so he was obviously give extra time along wits Evra. He is still under contract by Juve.

For all we know Jose might rather him have that extra bit of holiday to allow him to come back under less stress and be more rested.

Wishing him a happy birthday is showing respect, telling him he is surplus to requirements is business.

He can play for the under 21s earning 200k a week if he wants, maybe if he gets himself in good shape Jose will let him back into the frame. At the Euros every time I saw him I couldn't help but think of that fat kid with chocolate from the Simpsons

Although I really like him I had to bring that image to life :pac::pac:

Bf03jOk.jpg

A lot of the players that played in the final are still on holidays. If you are going to question Pogba's attitude, what about Evra? Nani? Ronaldo? Griezmann? IIRC the Italian league starts later than the EPL so he was obviously give extra time along wits Evra. He is still under contract by Juve.

For all we know Jose might rather him have that extra bit of holiday to allow him to come back under less stress and be more rested.

I just think it extremely weird how he is on holiday with his future in his heir. Typically when I move job, I take time off inbetween knowing where my future lies.

To be honest his demeanor and agent are just annoying me at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

A last minute swoop for Pogba by Perez would undoubtedly be his most Machiavellian move ever. Can you imagine his satisfaction at making United look that inept? There could be an element of revenge for the De Gea fiasco last summer involved here.
    I've never heard of Real Madrid saying they have been priced out of a deal for a player, why has it just been taken at face value this time?
    Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see this whole Pogba deal blowing up in our faces with Florentino Perez chewing a cigar a la Hannibal from the A team as his plan comes together.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Probably waiting for the clubs to negotiate the sale and then negotiating his contract. Presumably these things take time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

And yet plenty who did are back at their clubs training, some with gametime under their belts.

Did many of them play as many games as Pogba did at the tournament? Buffon and the rest of the Italian players only returned to training for Juve today and they went out of the tournament almost a month ago.

Do you have the same issue with Ronaldo who judging by his Instagram is still "swanning" around on holiday?

Players need rest time. He has an agent to handle his dealings.

I just think it extremely weird how he is on holiday with his future in his heir. Typically when I move job, I take time off inbetween knowing where my future lies.

How can you be certain that his future is in the air.. it could have been agreed in principle weeks ago and it was agreed by everyone that he should stick to his schedule and sign the contract when he returns.

You shouldn't let silly things like his demeanor and his agent annoy you. Two of his Instagram posts the other day were pops at L'equipe for there reporting. Supposedly they were writing bad **** about him during the Euro's. It was a bit of fun at being able to get back at them.. I say fair ****s to him.. he has a pretty decent SOH tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah I'm with you on that. Makes you wonder if it's all down to himself and the agent playing two clubs off against one another and holding out till the last minute to see what the ultimate best deal for player and agent can be. While Pogba is off trolling on holiday pretending not to give a monkeys. Strange stance with competitive football due to start in two weeks and he hasn't even started training.. hardly professional more like self entitled BS... it would put you off somewhat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Buffon and the rest of the Italian players only returned to training for Juve today and they went out of the tournament almost a month ago.

Their season starts a week later so at least they have another 7 days to get into the swing of things...

Strumms wrote: »
    Their season starts a week later so at least they have another 7 days to get into the swing of things...

Pogba is still currently employed by Juve.

Tbh he played 49 times for Juve last season and then played alot during the Euro's.. he's 23 the last thing you want to be doing to him is running him into the ground.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Probably waiting for the clubs to negotiate the sale and then negotiating his contract. Presumably these things take time.

People keep showing me pictures of him with his agent on this holiday. IS the agent still on holidays with him?

*I know you've been staying clear of the thread, I'm on a summer of no transfer gossip or searching links etc :D

People keep showing me pictures of him with his agent on this holiday. IS the agent still on holidays with him?

*I know you've been staying clear of the thread, I'm on a summer of no transfer gossip or searching links etc :D

There has only been one picture with his agent on hols.. in a swimming pool.. the other picture going around that's supposedly being passed off as him and Raiola is a picture of Balotelli with Raiola.. he is back in Europe anyways has loads of players on the move this year.. trying to find clubs for Matuidi and Balotelli as well as Mkhitaryan and Ibra

Presumably wherever the agent is he can do the negotiations from there and it serves whatever ideas about leverage that he might have. A player possibly being late back to training because of transfer and contract negotiations is just something you should expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Let's first get this dude to the club before worrying about his fitness!!!

Its only a matter of time now. His holiday ends in a couple of days I believe. Hopefully by the end of the week, it is official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So when will we know when/where Pogba's flight lands?

I've tried not to get dragged into the whole saga but it's impossible at this stage.

Pogba said that he's now thinking about football so wherever he's going, it's to complete a deal in my opinion. If he goes to New York we've been gazumped. Real are in New York for a tour.

:(

On the other hand if he lands in Manchester it's a done deal.

If he his flight is to Italy then I give up...

To be honest I think he will be ours. There's too many links. And if Real were involved then they would be doing it publicly.

Plus José has said that there is a 4th primary target. I'm confident that if Pogba wasn't happening then we would have moved on by now and signed someone else.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement