Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yep thats a possibility for sure. Though afaik tapping up is only a problem between two English teams.

Ya, sure aren't Madrid notorious for going to the press about players they are after in an effort to unsettle them. Never any sanctions for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pogba is not what we need at this moment in time, not for the prices quoted anyway. Our team is still brittle and we have loads of people finding their feet at this level. People forget that Pogba was playing in front of probably the best defence in the world and had quality like Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira and Pirlo surrounding him and covering some of his inadequacies. He is not the finished article and is not worth the sums quoted yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah. Using comments from Facebook to judge how good player was is new low on boards. Obviously Dortmund fans are bitter about losing 3 key players, so they won't be very gracious with their comments.

You will find it is only certain kinds of boards users would post, or thank those idiotic posts though (all you have to do is skip over there and confirm this!)

Wouldn't tar them all with that brush, plenty of them will be able to put aside the stupid ****e and acknowledge a good signing when they see it. Use this kind of stuff as a filter.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

jayo26 wrote: »
    United are in talks to sign Mexican striker Hirving Lozano according MEN.

I've always loved that player.

Been reading Jonas Giever on twitter talk about him. Lightning quick winger, always looks to beat his man and has a wicked shot. he doesn't feel he's ready for a move to United yet tho.

I know nothing about him personally but if he turned out to be a find like Chicharito and half the price of someone like Draxler then happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You will find it is only certain kinds of boards users would post, or thank those idiotic posts though (all you have to do is skip over there and confirm this!)

Wouldn't tar them all with that brush, plenty of them will be able to put aside the stupid ****e and acknowledge a good signing when they see it. Use this kind of stuff as a filter.

Sunday and I'm bored, I read and laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I don't care what we spend on pogba, but if we broke the world transfer record it would be a serious statement of intent. Pogba is class, only 23 and still learning the game. He would be a beast for us

Pogba is not what we need at this moment in time, not for the prices quoted anyway. Our team is still brittle and we have loads of people finding their feet at this level. People forget that Pogba was playing in front of probably the best defence in the world and had quality like Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira and Pirlo surrounding him and covering some of his inadequacies. He is not the finished article and is not worth the sums quoted yet.

Pricewise its extortionate but Pogba is definitely a player we need. Amidfield with him surrounded by Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin he'd flourish. He has gained serious experience by playing in all the major tournaments. maybe he isn't the finished article but currently he's a quality player that will only continue to improve

• Pogba is not what we need at this moment in time, not for the prices quoted anyway. Our team is still brittle and we have loads of people finding their feet at this level. People forget that Pogba was playing in front of probably the best defence in the world and had quality like Marchisio, Vidal, Khedira and Pirlo surrounding him and covering some of his inadequacies. He is not the finished article and is not worth the sums quoted yet.

Totally agree with this

Here's some guess work... :P

I have a feeling few peeps will be in for a surprise

Jose has yet to sign a DM which I have a hunch he will prioritize over the likes of Pogba

He's had at least two top quality DMs at nearly all his previous clubs.

Matic being the latest he identified, his first of two seasons he was excellent. Last season was a blib IMO

And it's the type of player we have been missing for years

I have a feeling Morgan will get a chance, but somebody will be brought in to make him sweat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

With all the money the club gets each year, Pogba is affordable at 100. Plus he is young enough that his value should stay high afterwards.

Also, it would bring total spend to around 160 which is in line with what top clubs in Prem do each summer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Totally agree with this

Here's some guess work... :P

I have a feeling few peeps will be in for a surprise

Jose has yet to sign a DM which I have a hunch he will prioritize over the likes of Pogba

He's had at least two top quality DMs at nearly all his previous clubs.

Matic being the latest he identified, his first of two seasons he was excellent. Last season was a blib IMO

And it's the type of player we have been missing for years

I have a feeling Morgan will get a chance, but somebody will be brought in to make him sweat

I cant see Chelsea selling Matic to us, I'd love to see us go for Krichowiak but apparently he will be reuniting with Emery at PSG. only other player off hand I could see us going for is maybe Caravlho.A midfield 3 of him Pogba and Schneiderlin would be pretty solid! plus we'd finally have a bit of height!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Unearthly wrote: »
    With all the money the club gets each year, Pogba is affordable at 100. Plus he is young enough that his value should stay high afterwards.

Also, it would bring total spend to around 160 which is in line with what top clubs in Prem do each summer

Thats it, isnt it.

We have seriously strengthened 3 key areas for less than we spent on DiMaria.

£100m is way too much to spend on Pogba at the moment but if we could get him for £70 to £80 then Id take that.

I still think though even if he was to sign for us (as unlikely as that is) he will still end up at Madrid in 3 or 4 years.

If we could get him, get a couple of more premier leagues, maybe a champions league in that time then sell him for £100m then it would be money well spent.

Still though, imo he is destined for Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    United are in talks to sign Mexican striker Hirving Lozano according MEN.

What are his stats like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Just for anyone (brinty) that might not have a television of course.

I don't have TV right now Jayo26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    What are his stats like

Brinty he so obscure I can't even pull up any stats on him on whoscored apart from his height and weight haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Mkhitaryan deal has still to be finalised right?

I'd love to see a midfielder or two come in. Still think we are short there. Schweinsteiger I'd nearly write off at this stage, Carrick in his twilight and poor last season, Blind back I there next season as DM but his pace will always be an issue and Schneiderlin who was amongst Utds poorest players last season has a lot to prove next and it also seems he doesn't have a defined role in the team yet.

We are looking at him as a DM option but wasn't he more a box to box player with Southampton(albeit a destructive presence)?

The spine of the team has to be right and the middle of the park is the are that needs addressing on that front. Even if Pogba was signed(unlikely) we would need another player there.

I'd be very surprised is Jose doesn't signed a DM or at least a combatitive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I cant see Chelsea selling Matic to us, I'd love to see us go for Krichowiak but apparently he will be reuniting with Emery at PSG. only other player off hand I could see us going for is maybe Caravlho.A midfield 3 of him Pogba and Schneiderlin would be pretty solid! plus we'd finally have a bit of height!!!
    Yup he's confirmed too PSG now

Thinking of players that could/should be sold, I totally forgot Ashley Young still plays for us

bangkok wrote: »
    Thinking of players that could/should be sold, I totally forgot Ashley Young still plays for us

Why in the name of God would you sell him?
    Can play a host of poisitions and has no issue being rotated ???

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Why in the name of God would you sell him?
    Can play a host of poisitions and has no issue being rotated ???

I never disliked many United players over the years but I never took to young. I think he is a disgraceful player the way he goes on diving even when he was warned about it numerous times and lost his place with England because of it. Would be happy to see him sold.

He also earns over 100k a week!!!

• Advertisement

I never disliked many United players over the years but I never took to young. I think he is a disgraceful player the way he goes on diving even when he was warned about it numerous times and lost his place with England because of it. Would be happy to see him sold.

He also earns over 100k a week!!!
    So much wrong with this post........

You not liking players,?? Fellaini springs to mind!!

He lost his place with England over diving??? Are you actually serious?

So much wrong with this post........

You not liking players,?? Fellini springs to mind!!

He lost his place with England over diving??? Are you actually serious?

I don't dislike Fellaini like I've said here a thousand times, I just don't rate him. I like the person Fellaini but I can't stand young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Young is actually meant to be real down to earth. I think it's just frustration with him rather than hating him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't dislike Fellaini like I've said here a thousand times, I just don't rate him. I like the person Fellaini but I can't stand young.

I could find more reasons to hate fellaini then to hate young.

You have a very strange gauge for liking and disliking people. You cite Youngs diving, his wages as reasons he should be sold and so dislike him as a person???

Young comes across as one of the more likeable Utd players. Seems very down to earth. Still with his childhood sweetheart, keeps a relatively low profile publicly, has been seen in with the Utd away supporters at games when not selected, never seems to complain or be disruptive when not picked and genuinely seems delighted to be a Utd player.

adox wrote: »
    You have a very strange gauge for liking and disliking people. You cite Youngs diving, his wages as reasons he should be sold and so dislike him as a person???

Young comes across as one of the more likeable Utd players. Seems very down to earth. Still with his childhood sweetheart, keeps a relatively low profile publicly, has been seen in with the Utd away supporters at games when not selected, never seems to complain or be disruptive when not picked and genuinely seems delighted to be a Utd player.

He was warned by both Ferguson and moyes about his diving and his answer was it wasn't his problem, it was up to the refs to decided if he dived or not. Very unclassy answer and not one you would expect from a United player

• Advertisement

He was warned by both Ferguson and moyes about his diving and his answer was it wasn't his problem, it was up to the refs to decided if he dived or not. Very unclassy answer and not one you would expect from a United player

I don't believe you and also totally ignores every point I brought up.

adox wrote: »
    I don't believe you and also totally ignores every point I brought up.

Don't believe what?

Going to away games with the fans is no big deal, who wouldn't do it.

And why wouldn't he be happy at United, he is earning around 120k a week

Don't believe what?

Going to away games with the fans is no big deal, who wouldn't do it.

And why wouldn't he be happy at United, he is earning around 120k a week

Deflection deflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Young dived no more and no less than the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Vardy etc. He just happens to be the guy who the media decided to pick on for some reason. Happens every so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You must have an erection so for ibrahimovic :)

Yes..yes indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really hope this isn't true, €25m is £21m which is robbery especially when Everton are demanding £50 for Stones

https://twitter.com/FloraMoussy/status/749561199902228480

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mata probably wants to stay in the north west, maybe he wouldn't have to move house, and his friends are close by.
    I think Everton will be a team on the up next season with Koeman.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    Really hope this isn't true, €25m is £21m which is robbery especially when Everton are demanding £50 for Stones

https://twitter.com/FloraMoussy/status/749561199902228480

Stones: Young, homegrown, smaller team don't want to sell, first team player, full of potential
    Mata: not homegrown, obviously not wanted (being turfed out by a manager for the second time in his career), not a starter for the selling club and had probably reached his pique.

Stones is always, always going to go for more than Mata. I love Mata but given how United have struggled to make money from selling players we don't want in the past, I actually would be happy enough with 21m for him. Covers most of the Mkhitaryan cost too.

Bulls**t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Maybe Coleman going the other way...?

Bulls**t

It actually happened, he was warned by both, Ferguson on more than one occasion

Considering we gave Everton 27m for Fellaini they can **** off it they think they can get mata for 21m

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Stones: Young, homegrown, smaller team don't want to sell, first team player, full of potential
    Mata: not homegrown, obviously not wanted (being turfed out by a manager for the second time in his career), not a starter for the selling club and had probably reached his pique.

Stones is always, always going to go for more than Mata. I love Mata but given how United have struggled to make money from selling players we don't want in the past, I actually would be happy enough with 21m for him. Covers most of the Mkhitaryan cost too.

Ah I know what ya mean I suppose I would just wish for once we would sell for a decent figure instead of letting players go on the cheap as usual.

It actually happened, he was warned by both, Ferguson on more than one occasion

What Ferguson says in public and what he says behind closed doors are 2 different things.. if Young didn't do what Fergie told him he wouldn't play, but he did play cause Fergie knows that you have to win at all costs.

I'd say the players are shítein themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Ronaldo was far worse than Young ever was. Gabriel Heinze couldn't be touched either and he'd fall over. What are your re thoughts on those two ? As for him staying at Utd I can only echo what's being said, he seems to be ok with covering a multitude of positions and you never hear him moaning about not getting regular football. Every squad needs players that play a number of positions and Young and Valencia seem to be ours. Wouldn't go as far as to say I'm his biggest fan or anything but I'd be quite happy to see him stay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Young dived no more and no less than the likes of Rooney, Gerrard, Vardy etc. He just happens to be the guy who the media decided to pick on for some reason. Happens every so often.

Ah yes, Rooney, Vardy and Gerrard, hmmm

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057616662

:rolleyes:

So what your really saying is, Bangkok is racist

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

rightyabe wrote: »
    Young is actually meant to be real down to earth. I think it's just frustration with him rather than hating him.

Yeah I've seen him do a few spots on MUTV with Helen Evans and David May and he comes across as a nice guy, down to earth and actually quite funny. Wasn't afraid to have a bit of a laugh and score a few points slagging off his teammates in a nice way though. Refreshing in this day and age where most players when appearing in the media almost have their personality trained out of them to the point of just giving the most bland of scripted answers.

I wouldn't be against Young staying. His versatility alone coupled with his work rate when he does get minutes is something I'd hang on to. Decent player and like someone else said never seems to be rocking the boat when he isn't getting regular football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On Young

While he frustrates me and I'm sure others, he always gives 100% and always looks for ball, never hides at all.

Still very good squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Anyone got any insight on this young winger Hirving Lozano we are supposed to be signing ? I didn't get to see any of the Copa this year...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/lozano-to-united-a-done-deal-according-to-players-father-in-law

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Strumms wrote: »
    Anyone got any insight on this young winger Hirving Lozano we are supposed to be signing ? I didn't get to see any of the Copa this year...

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/lozano-to-united-a-done-deal-according-to-players-father-in-law

Yes! You're in luck sir! I've been following him since 14:03 and can safely say he would be a welcome upgrade to the squad.

Obligatory youtube video...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Strumms wrote: »

Seen one of Mexicos games where he came on looked lively but didn't do too much had one good shot cutting in from the left, One good thing i would take from it is Porto are interested and they always seem to get young South American players right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

TheTownie wrote: »
    Yes! You're in luck sir! I've been following him since 14:03 and can safely say he would be a welcome upgrade to the squad.

Obligatory youtube video...

You can skip the first two mins anyway, just him celebrating different goals. Based on those 5 mins or so looks a good dribbler and a not so good finisher. Looks very raw, possibly a buy and loan job, obviously depending on the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gerrard was not a diver, he just slipped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement