Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Deadly serious.

I don't believe you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

adox wrote: »
    You've got to be joking?

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty worried the same way. I've actually not got the least bit excited about this transfer to be honest, I'm not saying it won't happen... just that I've been let down too often before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

astradave wrote: »
    Why? What makes you come to that conclusion?

I don't know if you're taking the piss or not but I'll presume you're not.

I think the transfer has fallen through because it can't surely take this long to agree a few terms of a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't know if you're taking the piss or not but I'll presume you're not.

I think the transfer has fallen through because it can't surely take this long to agree a few terms of a deal.

By the looks of it everything is agreed. Juventus have removed all traces of Pogba from there social media sites and online shops it looks like he is finishing his holiday to do his medical and United are waiting to give it maximum exposure.

He wasn't due back to juventus until the fourth i think i read so I'd say if he is coming it will be done towards end of this week before charity shield.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Would you rather endless shítposts about positivity trains?

Fair point and I openly admit I'm devil for posting twitter ****e during silly season. But if I'm honest I'd like to think I have something to contribute during the actual season. I do admit your posting style is both intelligent and argumentive at the same time. I enjoy it even if we have had debates that go nowhere. Oh Yea welcome back was wondering where you were!
    BTW Jayo you are a boss, no offence! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I get the feeling this schweinsteiger issue is blown way out of proportion, probably has to play with the youth to regain fitness, a non story but thats too boring for the media so they try to make a big deal out of it,

Thats my opinion anyway

jayo26 wrote: »
    By the looks of it everything is agreed. Juventus have removed all traces of Pogba from there social media sites and online shops it looks like he is finishing his holiday to do his medical and United are waiting to give it maximum exposure.

He wasn't due back to juventus until the fourth i think i read so I'd say if he is coming it will be done towards end of this week before charity shield.

Who is this?

http://www.juvestore.com/en/match-kits.html

• Hococop wrote: »
    I get the feeling this schweinsteiger issue is blown way out of proportion, probably has to play with the youth to regain fitness, a non story but thats too boring for the media so they try to make a big deal out of it,

Thats my opinion anyway

I feel sorry for him. It actually sounds like he really loves the club and wants to stay. I still feel like he definitely can offer something.....from the bench though

A quality sub IMO

Also experienced to boot, which is influential for any team. Knowledge is key.

He's not on Ibras level (as in a tank and still fit as a fiddle but still)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only seen the new white jersey in the shop today really really nice. If i hadnt already bought the other two id get it!.

Dont get a chance to wear the things as it is!

• Advertisement

They must missed that one I'll let them know.

Take a look at @English_AS's Tweet: https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/760579320784052224?s=09

So it's tomorrow then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or 48 hours after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Eventually they will get the right date lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Or 48 hours after...

Within hours. mañana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

If AS say it is tomorrow, you can nearly guarantee it won't be tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

:D:D

Get them onto their twitter also - he's still there

Get them onto their twitter also - he's still there

Where is he on their twitter? They changed that last week?

You are goings to be busy. They forgot to took him off facebook also :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If the midfield 3 is Fellaini, Pogba and Rooney I don't think De Gea will be winning golden gloves!

We should be scoring a lot of goals on the other hand however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No way can I see it happening tomorrow with Rooneys testimonial on.. it will be Thursday or Friday I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I wouldnt think Pogba would be announced tomorrow (if he's actually signing) as it would take the focus off Rooney's testimonial. Surely the club would want all the attention on that both to big up Rooney & to give attention to the amount of money it's generating for all the great children's charities

IF Pogba signs it will be a circus all about him & the transfer fee etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

You see if your man is in Japan then his tomorrow is our Thursday.

Ya I'm bored

I wouldnt think Pogba would be announced tomorrow (if he's actually signing) as it would take the focus off Rooney's testimonial. Surely the club would want all the attention on that both to big up Rooney & to give attention to the amount of money it's generating for all the great children's charities

IF Pogba signs it will be a circus all about him & the transfer fee etc

He could attend the match wearing a Rooney 10 jersey and make it about Rooney again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

No way can I see it happening tomorrow with Rooneys testimonial on.. it will be Thursday or Friday I reckon

So you're saying probably in the next 48 hours.

giphy.gif

• If the midfield 3 is Fellaini, Pogba and Rooney I don't think De Gea will be winning golden gloves!

We should be scoring a lot of goals on the other hand however.

Rooney won't be in midfield.

Fellaini on the other hand is quality and I have a gut feeling Jose has a good idea how to use him. Yea I said it. He's in the plan.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    So you're saying probably in the next 48 hours.

giphy.gif

220px-Another_forty_eight_hours.jpg

Just in case you didn't know, thats Pogba on the right :D

• astradave wrote: »
    220px-Another_forty_eight_hours.jpg

Just in case you didn't know, thats Pogba on the right :D

I'm assuming you mean the left. Not in a racist way but still, Nick Nolte looks like Pogba..ehhh no :/

Either that I missed the joke because I'm tipsy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

A source close to me says the deal may possibly be announced in the next 697 hours

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm assuming you mean the left. Not in a racist way but still

No thats obviously Eddie Murphy, ffs Mick

well that joke didn't turn out.. ill get me coat

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    No thats obviously Eddie Murphy, ffs Mick

Please quote me in the humour thread so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

magnumbud wrote: »
    A source close to me says the deal may possibly be announced in the next 697 hours

So you're saying this deal can be done in next 29 days and 1 hour.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

29 days and 37 minutes :D

Kew is bored tonight ha

He's keeping fit anyways :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIn1IdPDB89

"paulpogbaAfternoon sweat ���� #newyork #combat #muaythai"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What about all those games where he was allowed drift ahead of the ball towards the opposition 18 yard line and we'd hit diagonals at him for instance?

So you are saying that the games where Fellaini was asked to move further forward and act as a target man helped him look better at CM possession skills.

No they didn't. First of all, because in those games he wasn't playing in central midfield as much so he couldn't show his skills. And secondly, because acting as a target man high up the pitch is a completely different skill-set and Fellaini isn't even that good at it (since he doesn't have much of a shot on him).

Now, try forgetting about your preconceptions of Fellaini and go and watch the games where he played central midfield, not as a target man higher up the pitch. You will see that he is good at receiving the ball under pressure, turning on it and passing to players in good positions. Really important CM skills if you want a team to play positively and with well constructed possession. He didn't show those skills as much playing as a target man higher up the pitch, he showed them when he was playing in CM.
    And c'mon you can't say anyone that has a decent first touch has the ability to be a good CM otherwise there'd be a hell of lot more of us making a living at it.

I didn't. You can quote where you think I did if there's been some misunderstanding.
    Then why did you decide to make a distinction in the first place?

I didn't, you did. When I pointed out that - contrary to your portrayal of him as a lumbering brute only good for receiving long balls - Fell has shown good possession skills in CM, you tried to deny that he had even played any significant number of games in CM. Then you qualified that by making out that one of the two in a 4231 is a completely different role, and so presumably requiring different skills, then one of the box-to-box CMs in a 433.
    And there is no real difference between a LvG 433 and a LvG 4231 either, the man himself has even used them interchangeably in the same interviews.

That is just nomenclature. What everybody else calls a 4231 LVG (and some other Dutch coaches) calls a 433. But he does make the distinction of whether you have the triangle of CMs facing forwards or back and whether you have a central number 10 or not.

I don't even know why you are bringing this up. If it were true that there was no real difference between an LVG 433 and an LVG 4231 then it would only further weaken your claim that Fellaini hasn't played a significant number of games in CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

His padman is wearing red.

Pogba confirmed.

Rooneys Testimonial will be streamed live on Facebook tomorrow, pretty awesome move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36960270?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I'm actually really looking forward to it, not normally a big man for watching testimonials but Jose and Zlatans first games in Old Trafford have me excited :P Also apparently both squads will be strong enough so should be a good enough warm up for the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

bangkok wrote: »
    Pro f I see you saying fellaini has a good first touch a few times, at any level of football from underage all the way up to senior at any grade, that is the most basic attribute any player can have. I wouldn't be praising a Man Utd player for having a good first touch, in fact if they didn't they shouldn't be even playing football at the top level

Do you think that all professional footballers have equal skill at controlling the ball with their first touch?

Assuming you don't, then there is obviously a range of ability at that skill even in the top levels of the game. When I say that Fellaini has a good first touch, I am talking about that in relation to the level of football United are playing at and the other CMs who he is competing with for a place in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Rooneys Testimonial will be streamed live on Facebook tomorrow, pretty awesome move.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36960270?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I'm actually really looking forward to it, not normally a big man for watching testimonials but Jose and Zlatans first games in Old Trafford have me excited :P Also apparently both squads will be strong enough so should be a good enough warm up for the players.
    Especially excellent news for those of us who will still be in work at that time. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

This testimonial is gathering hype and looks like it could be a decent game from what I'm hearing.

I've never bothered too much with testimonials but I'm happy for Wayne and with all this attention I'm sure a lot of money will be raised!!

Tomorrow should be just a Rooney appreciation day on this thread but like that is ever gonna happen :p

This testimonial is gathering hype and looks like it could be a decent game from what I'm hearing.

I've never bothered too much with testimonials but I'm happy for Wayne and with all this attention I'm sure a lot of money will be raised!!

Tomorrow should be just a Rooney appreciation day on this thread but like that is ever gonna happen :p

All his goals are on MUTV from 1 to 3 tonight/this morning, I have it set to record he has scored some crackers.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Do you think that all professional footballers have equal skill at controlling the ball with their first touch?

Assuming you don't, then there is obviously a range of ability at that skill even in the top levels of the game. When I say that Fellaini has a good first touch, I am talking about that in relation to the level of football United are playing at and the other CMs who he is competing with for a place in the team.

I'd actually equate first touch as a fitness / form thing as opposed to an expected ability or an automatic assumption.

For instance I would consider Wayne Rooney having a fantastic first touch but when he ain't on form it's pure dirty. It's nothing to do with his ability. It's purely related to form. And that has been pure and simple to see as of late.

To note I'm just adding my 2 cents on the subject nothing more

Also on the subject of Rooney I would consider his poor form relating to his forced position by management. I just don't know what Jose intends on doing with him. So I really don't know what to expect from him next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pro. F wrote: »
    So you are saying that the games where Fellaini was asked to move further forward and act as a target man helped him look better at CM possession skills.

No they didn't. First of all, because in those games he wasn't playing in central midfield as much so he couldn't show his skills. And secondly, because acting as a target man high up the pitch is a completely different skill-set and Fellaini isn't even that good at it (since he doesn't have much of a shot on him).

No you asked for games where he was made the focal point.

My original point still stands irrespective of position; you can't make one argument saying that he played well and would've been better if it weren't for mismanagement and then ignore the inverse. The very fact that the coach has changed and the systems, roles etc. along with it make that point moot anyway tbh.

Now, try forgetting about your preconceptions of Fellaini and go and watch the games where he played central midfield, not as a target man higher up the pitch. You will see that he is good at receiving the ball under pressure, turning on it and passing to players in good positions. Really important CM skills if you want a team to play positively and with well constructed possession. He didn't show those skills as much playing as a target man higher up the pitch, he showed them when he was playing in CM.

I didn't. You can quote where you think I did if there's been some misunderstanding.

Well if you want to talk about preconceived ideas, then this has been the most odd thing about this whole exchange. From a single sentence you managed to build up this whole view of what I think Maruoane Fellaini to be, except that I didn't actually say any of it :confused:

Tbh it felt a bit like a copy and pasted retort and is why I said in the beginning that there was no point in discussing this any further ;)

And besides you're talking as if a CM who is able to take a first touch, turn and give it to someone who wasn't in his original field of vision when they received the ball as if they're a rarity and we don't have any?

I didn't, you did. When I pointed out that - contrary to your portrayal of him as a lumbering brute only good for receiving long balls - Fell has shown good possession skills in CM, you tried to deny that he had even played any significant number of games in CM. Then you qualified that by making out that one of the two in a 4231 is a completely different role, and so presumably requiring different skills, then one of the box-to-box CMs in a 433.

That is just nomenclature. What everybody else calls a 4231 LVG (and some other Dutch coaches) calls a 433. But he does make the distinction of whether you have the triangle of CMs facing forwards or back and whether you have a central number 10 or not.

I don't even know why you are bringing this up. If it were true that there was no real difference between an LVG 433 and an LVG 4231 then it would only further weaken your claim that Fellaini hasn't played a significant number of games in CM.

You made the distinction when you said that I was wrong to be conflating CM with the CM's in a 4-2-3-1.

But since then you have talked as if no such distinction was needed, I just wanted to know where this was headed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

lol

"could be closed in 24 hours"
    "could be close"
    "could be done within 48 hours"
    "looks likely to be done by Friday" - When its Tuesday
    "signing imminent, everything agreed barring a slight detail"
    "could be done before Monday"
    "could be closed next week"

Gotta laugh in fairness

Lather
    Rinse
    Repeat

You would need some bottle of shampoo

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

All his goals are on MUTV from 1 to 3 tonight/this morning, I have it set to record he has scored some crackers.

Cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't think this was posted. Schweinsteiger thanks people for the birthday wishes.

https://twitter.com/bschweinsteiger/status/760485350729015296

Watching Rooneys goals on MUTV and my word it's been a while since I've watched highlights of us back when we had Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Nistelrooy, what a cracking attacking force that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watching Rooneys goals on MUTV and my word it's been a while since I've watched highlights of us back when we had Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney and Van Nistelrooy, what a cracking attacking force that was.

That Randy Marsh image from South Park comes to mind..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement