Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Holy balls
    And Citeh supporters saying we're buying the League
    They'll outspend us again this summer with no outgoings???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

brinty wrote: »
    Holy balls
    And Citeh supporters saying we're buying the League
    They'll outspend us again this summer with no outgoings???

currently outspending us but will not be if we sign a certain french man

Citeh might be trying to reduce their squad age by acquisition but they'll have very few English qualified players at this rate...

It's one area we're well sorted in.

Pep might want young guys but Citeh want instant success and when they don't get it he could be out on his ear/stressed out???

Of you add in Stones and Moreno,they'll spend approx 160m... so much for Pep not spending money.. his philosophy is already broken and Citeh haven't kicked a ball in anger...

magnumbud wrote:
    currently outspending us but will not be if we sign a certain french man

Moreno and Stones would bring them back into line
    And it's known he wants yet stegen too...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Duncan Castles saying Rojo turned down a move to China.

United are looking to see if Hull can convince Phil Jones to move.

Castles says Mourinho is seriously concerned with the poor quality of the defense and will look to sign an experienced CB and maybe a RB.

United will accept €12 million for Rojo, and Blind is also up for sale.

United are looking at Bonucci, Fonte and Garay as options for centre back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/manchester-united-defender-marcos-rojo-8552126#3jhYySDcHmJ829vH.97

Rojo was not good enough, Jones is always injured so they would be no loss, if we get a good replacement in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just on the Homegrown, i don't know if this has been answered, does Pogba qualify as Homegrown?

RobertKK wrote: »
    Duncan Castles saying Rojo turned down a move to China.

United are looking to see if Hull can convince Phil Jones to move.

Castles says Mourinho is seriously concerned with the poor quality of the defense and will look to sign an experienced CB and maybe a RB.

United will accept €12 million for Rojo, and Blind is also up for sale.

United are looking at Bonucci, Fonte and Garay as options for centre back.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/manchester-united-defender-marcos-rojo-8552126#3jhYySDcHmJ829vH.97

Rojo was not good enough, Jones is always injured so they would be no loss, if we get a good replacement in.

Out of those three i could only see Garay make the move, no way Juve will allow Bonucci to move this window if they sell Pogba. Fonte just signed a new deal the other day and if you add a long contract to the PL tax we would be paying way over the odds. Garay would be a decent option to bring in, he brings a wealth of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

astradave wrote: »
    Just on the Homegrown, i don't know if this has been answered, does Pogba qualify as Homegrown?

According to M.E.N the answer is No.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-pogba-manchester-united-homegrown-11695357

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If Football Manager is anything to go by, then no. You need to spend 3 years at a team before your 21st birthday. Pogba was here 2009-12, but joined in October and left in July. So close but about 3 months shy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

According to Mr.Mujac, the guy who keeps track of all the United youngsters, he is home grown player.

Jaysus christ how i would love to be a Sports Journalist, make money for spouting absolute ****e.

First he posts this
    https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760870482711236608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's called on it then goes on the defensive
    https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760873091107000321

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760873923001057281

Billy86 wrote: »
    If Football Manager so anything to go by, then no. You need to spend 3 years at a team before your 21st birthday. Pogba we here 2009-12, but joined in October and left in July. So close but about 3 months shy!

tumblr_mt01kv2RYN1r0e42eo5_250.gif
    Giggsy11 wrote: »
    According to Mr.Mujac, the guy who keeps track of all the United youngsters, he is home grown player.

Bjj4yWC.gif

Jaysus christ how i would love to be a Sports Journalist, make money for spouting absolute ****e.

First he posts this
    https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760870482711236608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He's called on it then goes on the defensive
    https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760873091107000321

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/760873923001057281

he's so full of sh!t...make of that what you will...

It reminds me of the horoscopes you see in the newspapers. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Wouldn't like to see us sign garay, he had his chance to sign for a load of top European sides from benfica and he decided to go to Russia. Ship has sailed

If Football Manager is anything to go by, then no. You need to spend 3 years at a team before your 21st birthday. Pogba was here 2009-12, but joined in October and left in July. So close but about 3 months shy!

Would it not be classed as three years in football terms i.e. 3 seasons.. august to may?

• Advertisement

Wood it not be classed as three years in football terms i.e. 3 seasons.. august to may?

if he had signed before august of 2009 maybe but didnt have 3 full seasons either

As far as I know pogba would be homegrown player for United but if he signed for any other premier league club he wouldn't be

bangkok wrote: »
    As far as I know pogba would be homegrown player for United but if he signed for any other premier league club he wouldn't be

Why? He didn't do the full 3 seasons and is over 21. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Why? He didn't do the full 3 seasons and is over 21. :confused:

At what stage did he sign? Does it have to be done before the first game to count as a full season? I'd imagine there's some technicality that a % of the season is taken as a full season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Off topic but does anyone know how to turn off the legacy mode on the mobile website. It just start appearing for me all of a sudden and I hate it with a passion :D
    NvM figured it out doing the same thing that wasn't working for me the other day

On topic.. another person went into that store and took this pic.. seems them Dybala #10 was true

https://twitter.com/AlessioButera/status/760839459604729856

I clicked on the users there and one of them then has retweeted this

https://twitter.com/Nihooo1897/status/760829854300405760

Strikes me more as someone printing them off since Forza were reporting a few days ago that if Pogba leaves Dybala will get number 10. Pogba is still on the main page of their online store and his listed as number 10 in the jersey customisation in the checkout.

This sort of thing happens quite a bit these days with twitter now, a player is linked somewhere and then someone shares a jersey with said players name on it. Means nothing in my mind.

We should know soon enough anyway if Pogba is arriving, no point getting sucked in to twitter speculation at this stage, time will fly and before you realise it you will be 48 hours away from knowing whats going on.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I clicked on the users there and one of them then has retweeted this

https://twitter.com/Nihooo1897/status/760829854300405760

Strikes me more as someone printing them off since Forza were reporting a few days ago that if Pogba leaves Dybala will get number 10. Pogba is still on the main page of their online store and his listed as number 10 in the jersey customisation in the checkout.

This sort of thing happens quite a bit these days with twitter now, a player is linked somewhere and then someone shares a jersey with said players name on it. Means nothing in my mind.

We should know soon enough anyway if Pogba is arriving, no point getting sucked in to twitter speculation at this stage, time will fly and before you realise it you will be 48 hours away from knowing whats going on.

Yeah i clarified that Pogba is still #10 on the Juvestore and that. I had said in my initial post that it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Put both of the images through this http://imageedited.com and it recognises the Pogba one as altered while the second Dybala one is real, the Adidas store there is a bit **** for numbers, they have Pepe as No.7 on the back of a Juve jersey :pac:

CKl1lbqXAAAI3dQ.jpg

My personal favourite Photoshop:

20bde56ca2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Adam I think it's a bit late for not getting sucked in ha I think we're got hook like and sinker.

with dundalk now at the very least in the EL if they fail to get into the CL i hope united draw them in the EL would be great. well unless cork get to the EL too and then i want cork to draw united so i can see united here in cork :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Adam I think it's a bit late for not getting sucked in ha I think we're got hook like and sinker.

That's true ha, people even going after the flight tracker when he was in the airport. Probably going to get worse before it gets better :P

Every tweet and instagram post is being analysed like for hidden messages and hints :pac:

Adamocovic wrote: »
    That's true ha, people even going after the flight tracker when he was in the airport. Probably going to get worse before it gets better :P

Every tweet and instagram post is being analysed like for hidden messages and hints :pac:

It be funny if nothing happens we all may stay clear of interweb for the next year to avoid the abuse and the snubbed comments.

Sky says he is flying in to Manchester on Saturday and will be unveiled on monday.. another 48hrs on top of your 48hrs Jayo :D

It be funny if nothing happens we all may stay clear of interweb for the next year to avoid the abuse and the snubbed comments.

If he doesn't come we simply all say we didn't want him anyway, too risky a move, wasn't great in Euros and we don't buy league titles etc :pac:

I think we should sign pogbala I have seen him loads he is exactly the type player we need and according to football manager he is gonna be world class.

Apparently Phil Neville thinks we signed Pogba when he was 13 and that he was bigger and better in the academy than others his age.. Maybe because he was 3 years older than you think Phil :pac:

As someone who has never used Facebook live before apparently to watch the game tonight just go to Wayne Rooneys facebook page or the United page and it should be there streaming.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wayne-rooney-testimonial-how-to-watch-on-facebook-manchester-united-vs-everton-a7170156.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

He's showing as homegrown in my version of FM!

Degag wrote: »
    He's showing as homegrown in my version of FM!

is your version from 2012 and you never left him leave in the first place? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No Schweinsteiger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Rooney starts :(:(:(

:p

The stream is now live on Facebook

It's the BT coverage by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

magnumbud wrote: »
    is your version from 2012 and you never left him leave in the first place? :pac:
    Ha! Not quite. 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Co9BjbJW8AEhfmb.jpg:large

Strong squad this season, options on the bench and pogba still to join

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Presumably Rooney's not gonna swap sides at half time?

Edit: Adam answered that!

Rooney saying it won't be like a traditional testimonial and they are treating it like preparation for the new season.

Looking forward to it even more now.

Presumably Rooney's not gonna swap sides at half time?

Edit: Adam answered that!

I'd actually say there would be uproar if from Everton fans if they let rooney wear the shirt ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I'd actually say there would be uproar if from Everton fans if they let rooney wear the shirt ha.

1729662_heroa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

text ROONEY to 70800 for £5 to Rooney Foundation, hope they raise few quid.

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    1729662_heroa.jpg

Ha I'm slow I forgot that.

• Advertisement

anyone else sound issues with fb?

edit got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

BT Sport very confident of Pogba and so am I, my friends.

Mourinho talking about Rooney before the game.

Something some fans wont like others will, basically said he's wanted to work with him for a long time and that together he thinks the best is yet to come for him.

Then went on to say he will be subbing him off because we have a game Sunday which Wayne might not like but he has to do it :pac::pac:

All subs should get a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jose teasing.

Pogba by the weekend I'd say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement