Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I never ever ever ever want see Giggs become United manager

There I said it.
    The fact that Giggs, despite his total lack of coaching experience says that he cares more about his own ambition over the clubs best interests. Delighted he didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Of all the players we might look to sell, Young wouldn't be near the top of the list for me. Good squad player and generally consistent. I don't care what his wages are.

Being honest, I don't see a massive amount of scope for selling given the size of the squad LVG left Jose with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

KH25 wrote: »
    Of all the players we might look to sell, Young wouldn't be near the top of the list for me. Good squad player and generally consistent. I don't care what his wages are.

Being honest, I don't see a massive amount of scope for selling given the size of the squad LVG left Jose with.

One or 2 will leave, you can't sign 3 or 4 and not expect 1 or 2 to leave.

I would say mata is one and the other is anyone's call

Ronaldo was far worse than Young ever was. Gabriel Heinze couldn't be touched either and he'd fall over. What are your re thoughts on those two ? As for him staying at Utd I can only echo what's being said, he seems to be ok with covering a multitude of positions and you never hear him moaning about not getting regular football. Every squad needs players that play a number of positions and Young and Valencia seem to be ours. Wouldn't go as far as to say I'm his biggest fan or anything but I'd be quite happy to see him stay

Ronaldo was no where near as bad as young is. Ronaldo was told to cut out the diving by fergie and he did and he went onto be the best player in the world at United.

Ashley Young has been called a disgrace on more than one ossasion by ex United legends Roy Keane and Paul scholes among others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

bangkok wrote: »
    Ronaldo was no where near as bad as young is. Ronaldo was told to cut out the diving by fergie and he did and he went onto be the best player in the world at United.

Ashley Young has been called a disgrace on more than one ossasion by ex United legends Roy Keane and Paul scholes among others

Who cares what Scholes and Keane think? Young is a good squad player. It's win at all costs. I don't care if he dives to win a penalty. Every player goes down easy and makes the most of contact. Young just gets singled out for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

There's a long, long list of people to dislike in football before this sham

B_SSJ1qWwAAd3Y1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Transfer rumours of James Rodriguez to PSG.

Real Madrid raising some money to buy Pogba????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Porto are interested and they always seem to get young South American players right.

anderson2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Roy Keane has done far more disgraceful things on a football pitch than Young has.

glued wrote: »
    Who cares what Scholes and Keane think? Young is a good squad player. It's win at all costs. I don't care if he dives to win a penalty. Every player goes down easy and makes the most of contact. Young just gets singled out for whatever reason.

Singled out because he is probably the worst diver in the league, there is no defending it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I've given young a lot of crap over the years but I wouldn't want him gone.

I'd sooner Jesse and Valencia were binned ahead of him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

duffman13 wrote: »
    Although I agree with the sentiment of Pogbas performances (although only really in the euros), him and Kroos are completely different players. I would love Kroos at United aswell but Pogba is way more dynamic and works as a more box to box midfielder. He contributes goals and assits regularly, while Kroos likes to sit in the hole dictating play. You could make an argument either way on who we need more really but both of them would work well in the same team so it doesnt have to be one or the other for Real (or hopefully United :pac:)

Kroos is an optimum carrick, offers little more. That may be okay with schneiderlin providing the steel but by god does kroos need some steel beside him

Zlatan no8 after mata leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Ronaldo was probably worse than Young

Watching that David Beckham program on RTE2. Didn't know one of his sons is an Arsenal fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    Watching that David Beckham program on RTE2. Didn't know one of his sons is an Arsenal fan.

Thought 2 of them were that's why they all signed up for them in youth teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Did Schweinsteiger get injured last night? Thought he played OK for someone who's been out for so long but hardly worth keeping on if it looks like it's going to be more of the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh Pep :pac:
    Pep wrote:
    One of my dreams was to play here as a footballer. Now my dream has come true.

• Did Schweinsteiger get injured last night? Thought he played OK for someone who's been out for so long but hardly worth keeping on if it looks like it's going to be more of the same.

Don't think so. He missed a penalty tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't think so. He missed a penalty tho

https://twitter.com/imiasanmia/status/749638137689862144

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bastian just looked out on his feet at the end.... Don't remember him picking up an injury and probably wouldn't have taken a peno if he was injured...

astradave wrote: »

He didn't just do a Robbie keane did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

astradave wrote: »

I think he meant in Premier League.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I think he meant in Premier League.

Or he could of ment Manchester the city :)

Imagine if your ambition was to play for Man City and not even from Manchester...

RobertKK wrote: »
    Imagine if your ambition was to play for Man City and not even from Manchester...

It's dont seem so bad now but when pep was a player and it was your dream to play for them...... it be like been married to Kate Upton and fantasising about Peggy Mitchell or some yoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Mata for £21m :( If it wasn't for the wages I would pay that for him myself <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Had a $3 free bet on 888 so stuck it on Iceland at 8.5/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Mata for £21m :( If it wasn't for the wages I would pay that for him myself <3

I hope it's BS. Everton will be getting a total bargain. He's a great player, I don't think we saw the best of him but at least we'll have his 2 goals at Anfield. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Zlatan no8 after mata leaves

I'd say they'll shift number 7 to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Good to see Marcus continuing training in the summer instead of just fcuking off on holidays after the abysmal English performance.

Next season is a big one for him - let's hope Jose gives him a chance and he proves himself to everyone.

......Just ignore the fact he is only in his shorts :p

https://websta.me/p/1286178251131550976_812791281

I'd say they'll shift number 7 to him

No zlatan is nailed on number 8 it's all but officially confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

The fact that Giggs, despite his total lack of coaching experience says that he cares more about his own ambition over the clubs best interests. Delighted he didn't get it.

What player/manager/coach dosent prioritise their own interests over their clubs? You'd be a fool to do otherwise

The only person I can think off is that Dundalk fan who tried setting fire to himself in protest on Merrion Square a few years back

110 million now for pogba

Our next signing with a powering header goal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Another few million €€ onto Pogba's fee :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I really hope Mata stays. Think he's been totally wasted on the wing. Stick him at #10 and let him play savage through balls to Mickey, Anto and Zlatan ahead of him.

Pogba is having a stormer. Would pay big bucks to have him but I wouldn't break the transfer record (>100m) for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Couldn't care less how much it costs to buy any player as its not my money. I'll leave it to Jose to worry about who he wants and then to Ed Woodward to fund the transfer.

Id love to see Pogba back. Seems like a complete midfielder who does everything well. A midfield 2 of Pogba and Schneiderlin with Martial Rooney and Mkhitaryan ahead of them behind Zlatan is a very talented team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Need the pic of Ed the equalizer pointing.... The "you medical now" one

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Need the pic of Ed the equalizer pointing.... The "you medical now" one

At you service mrmac

vy4jeb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Don't worry lads, I just joined Twitter and the boys messaged me so I've got the Mata situation sussed.

390679.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

See Richard Keys is saying on twitter saying we think we have landed Pogba. Not sure what his track record is though.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    See Richard Keys is saying on twitter saying we think we have landed Pogba. Not sure what his track record is though.

Banter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wouldn't be too upset if Mata goes. Seems like a lovely fella and all but has been hugely underwhelming in his time at Utd. Overpaid for him at the time and if the stories are true, under selling him now, especially in today's market. Nothing new with Utd though on that front.

Will believe it when I see it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why do clubs sell players?

- Because they need the money? Doesn't apply to us really.
    - Because they get an offer too good to refuse? I don't think that will be happening for any of our squad.
    - Because they have too many players? We don't have too many players.
    - Because they have players who have no place in the team? We don't have a big squad and aren't overstocked in any position, doesn't really apply to us.
    - Because they have players not fit for purpose? Perhaps some of our players aren't brilliant but all of them at least are competent Premier league standard and can do a job as squad players.
    - Because there are bad influences? I don't think that applies, are there any bad apples or players hurting the team morale?
    - Because the player wants to leave? Who wants to leave or is submitting a transfer request?

So of the various possible reasons a club might want to sell players none of them really apply to us, we don't need the money, we don't need to sell, we don't have a big squad, we don't have too many defenders/midfielders/strikers, we don't have players manufacturing moves, we don't have players that are big targets for other clubs. Frankly, I just don't see why anybody would be leaving this summer, be it Mata, Young, Rooney or whoever.

Why do clubs sell players?

- Because they need the money? Doesn't apply to us really.
    - Because they get an offer too good to refuse? I don't think that will be happening for any of our squad.
    - Because they have too many players? We don't have too many players.
    - Because they have players who have no place in the team? We don't have a big squad and aren't overstocked in any position, doesn't really apply to us.
    - Because they have players not fit for purpose? Perhaps some of our players aren't brilliant but all of them at least are competent Premier league standard and can do a job as squad players.
    - Because there are bad influences? I don't think that applies, are there any bad apples or players hurting the team morale?
    - Because the player wants to leave? Who wants to leave or is submitting a transfer request?

So of the various possible reasons a club might want to sell players none of them really apply to us, we don't need the money, we don't need to sell, we don't have a big squad, we don't have too many defenders/midfielders/strikers, we don't have players manufacturing moves, we don't have players that are big targets for other clubs. Frankly, I just don't see why anybody would be leaving this summer, be it Mata, Young, Rooney or whoever.

Because you need to balance the books a bit and the main reason is to keep players on their toes and refresh the squad or else the manager doesn't rate you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Saying we dont need the money is ridiculous. You don't just leave £20 million worth of a player sitting on your bench if you have no use for him. If Mourinho really believes he will never use Mata then sell him now. Man United is a privately owned business who definitely needs the money due to a large debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Didn't Keyes definitively call the Zlatan transfer ages ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

GSPfan wrote: »
    Saying we dont need the money is ridiculous.

Save your spittle, I said that point doesn't really apply to us and in terms of this discussion it doesn't. The £20m we would get for somebody like Mata is functionally insignificant when to comes to balancing our books as they presently stand.

If he was guaranteed to rot in the reserves all year then sure, take the cash, but thats not a given at all and people shouldn't assume it as a given. Far more likely that he remains a squad player able to step in to certain games at certain times and that Jose would utilise him in that way.

We may well sell him, I don't know the clubs plan. But we certainly do not need to sell anybody, which was the point I made.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement