Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

Robson99 wrote: »
    Schweinstiger surplus to requirements so f**kin what. Bigger players and players who were far bigger club legends were surplus to requirements. He is on 200k per week. Spent half last season flying all over the place. Fair play to Jose. If he dont need him why keep him???
    Would be pissed off if it was one of our younger players coming through but Schweinstiger is past it. Move on

Mourinho doesnt give a ****e about the other managers and why should he? He doesn't set the price and with the money in the English game nowadays thats the going rate. A player whom could be the best midfielder in the world and future best player in the world isnt going to be cheap. Pogbas signing should be a massive lift for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That_Guy wrote: »
    I know I'm in a Manchester United thread full of Manchester United fans but....

Is anyone else sick of Mourinho's bollocks already?

Tedious.

His nether regions don't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

magnumbud wrote: »
    I know he may win us stuff, he's probably the nearest thing to a sure bet but football is not that straight forward, but i'm not a fan of his.

Aside from never really enjoying watching his teams play and never seeming to put much faith in building players through his own academy which both he could prove me wrong for the incident with him trying to poke tito vilanova in the eye really is something that i cant get passed its a disgusting thing to try to do to another person and could have seriously damaged a mans vision if he had scratched his eyeball.

I just plain don't like him... I cannot warm to him and I cannot defend him the way I have done SAF, Moyes or Lvg...

He started on about 'my house' there today... all I thought of was when he returned to Chelsea, that was his thing, 'my house'

I don't think I ever will either, regardless of success. Pity really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Adidas running a campaign for fans to "design" (set templates they want you to choose) 3rd kits next season. Little bit of fun.

http://www.adidas.ie/creatorstudio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ericzeking wrote: »
    I just plain don't like him... I cannot warm to him and I cannot defend him the way I have done SAF, Moyes or Lvg...

He started on about 'my house' there today... all I thought of was when he returned to Chelsea, that was his thing, 'my house'

I don't think I ever will either, regardless of success. Pity really.

Im not alone then. I never thought thered be a day I'd like the city and pool managers more than uniteds. Anyway as i keep telling people i support the club not the manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

So apparently Zlatan has been named as vice captain. Not sure if mentioned already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

adox wrote: »
    You didn't apply a healthy secptism, you told us earlier in the week he ain't signing for us, he was signing for Madrid and it was time for us all to move on.

Not exactly. I said I didnt think he'd be signing an that he's off to Madrid and that it might be best to move on.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So apparently Zlatan has been named as vice captain. Not sure if mentioned already

Possibly, but I googled it and the ones reporting it were: Football365, The Sun, The Star, The Mirror, Sportsjoe and The Sports Bible. When those types are the only ones reporting on it, it's less credible than if nobody is reporting on it at all. :o

Did you happen to see it somewhere else though? Would be interesting giving it to him that quick, but he is extremely experienced, high profile, and seems to have a tonne of respect from his team mates so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Beat me too it, was just gonna post that
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Possibly, but I googled it and the ones reporting it were: Football365, The Sun, The Star, The Mirror, Sportsjoe and The Sports Bible. When those types are the only ones reporting on it, it's less credible than if nobody is reporting on it at all. :o

Did you happen to see it somewhere else though? Would be interesting giving it to him that quick, but he is extremely experienced, high profile, and seems to have a tonne of respect from his team mates so far.

I'd imagine the club will confirm it before the season starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else keep thinking "Castletownman" says "castlewoman" at first glance?????

No??? Just me??? Ok

Careful now, brinty will never leave the poor chap alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Didn't Bayern drop Basti down to the reserves in the past and he got his head down and back into the team?

Last year BM wouldn't give him the contract he wanted/promise to play, so he left for a better deal and they then come on saying MU disrespected him.

They sold him in the 1st place!

I have no idea what happened with Basti/Jose, but from what I know Jose seems like to a small self contained squad. If you are in your are in, out and you might as well go on loan. Did Basti refuse to be sold and so Jose dropped him from the squad completey? Did Basti start complaining about Jose's new methods or coaching staff? Did he come back a bit overweight (hardly surprising after his wedding) but refused to take additional training?

No idea, as neither Jose or the club as made any comment. All we have heard is from parties removed from the situation and at bet only hearing Basti's version. So until such time as we know all the facts (not likely in the short term) nobody can really make any informed comment.

It's not about siding with Jose or Basti, it acknowledging that none of can know the real story

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So this is how this season will pan out. Media will twist everything and write juicy headlines, opposition fans without knowing context will blame Jose. ManUtd fans will defend which for outsiders looks like fans are defending Jose blindly.

Pogba hanging out with Drake.

https://twitter.com/paulpogba/status/761623125461180418

His last one dance before he joins United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    So this is how this season will pan out. Media will twist everything and write juicy headlines, opposition fans without knowing context will blame Jose. ManUtd fans will defend which for outsiders looks like fans are defending Jose blindly.

Sooooo, like every other year..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    That's pretty rich coming from you.

It's an opinion I have that clearly doesn't sit well, so it will just be a roundabout debate ala Nani etc. So there really isn't a point in me getting defensive over it.

But literally no one will ever convince me that Carrick is deserving of the praise and labels he receives.

I'm not calling him a bad player, I'm just saying he is definitely not the wonderful midfielder everyone has a circlejerk over.

"Carrick does absolutely nothing deserving of the praises he receives, nothing."

West Ham Utd young player of the year

Nominated for pfa young player of the year

West Ham Utd young player of the year 2nd year in a row

Div 1 team of the season when he was 19

Nominated for pfa player of the year and unlucky not to win it,

PFA team of the year

Man Utd player of the season

Champions league winner

5 premier league titles

League cup

Fa cup

FIFA world club cup

Fa youth cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba hanging out with Drake.

https://twitter.com/paulpogba/status/761623125461180418

His last one dance before he joins United.

Ehm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIvGsCJDZzO/

:D

astradave wrote: »

Giving away his Pogba 10, before he is Pogba 6, moving up the charts, but De Gea will always be number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Careful now, brinty will never leave the poor chap alone.

Poor brinty but so true :)

He might make him cabin girl :)

astradave wrote: »

See the red cup in the background????
    He is trolling us now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Who the hell is Drake?

Who the hell is Drake?

I think he is one of them hop hip stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Who the hell is Drake?

Really??? You can't be serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He isn't, he's being "funny"

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Who the hell is Drake?

p186114_b_v8_aa.jpg

one of these guys i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Why? I've heard the name before but I couldn't name one of his songs. Wouldn't recognise him before now. People are into different things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think he is one of them hop hip stars

Yeah like that Scoopy Scoopy Dog Dog.

Why? I've heard the name before but I couldn't name one of his songs. Wouldn't recognise him before now. People are into different things.

You don't have to be in to things to know what they are though, One Direction for example, Drake, Slipknot, David Guetta etc etc etc

Practically impossible not to be generally aware of someone who is constantly in the media, as you said, you have heard the name before, be pretty impressed with someone in the age 15-50 who hasn't tbh.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Assuming we do well this year and challenge for the title which player would you like us to sign to challenge for the Champions League next season, the player I would love us to sign above anyone else would be Verrati. I think hes the best midfielder in the world, would be impossible to do business with PSG though

You don't have to be in to things to know what they are though, One Direction for example, Drake, Slipknot, David Guetta etc etc etc

Practically impossible not to be generally aware of someone who is constantly in the media, as you said, you have heard the name before, be pretty impressed with someone in the age 15-50 who hasn't tbh.

Why would you even mention Slipknot along with the other **** you mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Who do you guys think will be the better player in 5 years time, Martial , Coman or Sane?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Why would you even mention Slipknot along with the other **** you mentioned.

To make the point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Who do you guys think will be the better player in 5 years time, Martial , Coman or Sane?

Rashford

To make the point :)

Fair enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pretty easy not to be aware of someone. I've only heard niece and nephew mention him, I've literally no other information but his name. It's not that big of a stretch to be completely oblivious.

So Drake is a singer of sorts, had no idea.

Pretty easy not to be aware of someone. I've only heard niece and nephew mention him, I've literally no other information but his name. It's not that big of a stretch to be completely oblivious.

Fair enough, all I can say is everytime I flick on MTV I see his face or someone else I don't particularly like, my facebook newsfeed is clogged up with stupid people I also have no particular interest in but now thanks to the wonderful gift that is social media, I am aware of their existence, such luminaries as J-Wow, Gaz from Geordie Shore, some girls in a show called Teen Mom, Cian something or other who makes stupid videos being himself, and his equally irritating girlfriend.

As I said, we are bombarded constantly with so much information these days, wanted or other, from internets, colleagues, friends, girlfriends, relatives that I would find it tough enough to accept certain people are unknown, but I wouldn't stress about it.

Perhaps I just need to not talk to people so often or turn on the telly/computer :)

So Drake is a singer of sorts, had no idea.

You are genuinely not missing much in all honesty.

I would have assumed that alright. Not my scene as they say.

Edit- for those surprised at not knowing him. I don't watch any music channel, I have a 4 year old so I watch princess movies and cartoons if we're at home and sport, Netflix and docs if she's asleep.

Most music or celebs (bar very obvious ones) from the last 10 odd years I've no clue. No interest.

Yet more edits- I'm not on facebook but I am on twitter. Follow whatever, mainly footballers and female SSN hosts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Fair enough, all I can say is everytime I flick on MTV I see his face or someone else I don't particularly like, my facebook newsfeed is clogged up with stupid people I also have no particular interest in but now thanks to the wonderful gift that is social media, I am aware of their existence, such luminaries as J-Wow, Gaz from Geordie Shore, some girls in a show called Teen Mom, Cian something or other who makes stupid videos being himself, and his equally irritating girlfriend.

As I said, we are bombarded constantly with so much information these days, wanted or other, from internets, colleagues, friends, girlfriends, relatives that I would find it tough enough to accept certain people are unknown, but I wouldn't stress about it.

Perhaps I just need to not talk to people so often or turn on the telly/computer :)

Therein lies your problem.

Stop watching MTV, turn off FB and stick to only a select few on twitter.

Just because we all can 'follow' everyone, doesn't mean we have to!

Assuming we do well this year and challenge for the title which player would you like us to sign to challenge for the Champions League next season, the player I would love us to sign above anyone else would be Verrati. I think hes the best midfielder in the world, would be impossible to do business with PSG though

Greizemann or ronaldo for another season after he's won everything with Madrid this season. Goals win you games and goal scorers are hard to find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I only ever heard of him last week for the first time, when some song I'd never heard almost made history apparently. Which is only mildly impressive really.

Otoh, I just asked my wife who Paul Pogba. "Is he the fella from Wales who won that singing competition?"

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

The man is a somewhat of a hero here in his hometown.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Therein lies your problem.

Stop watching MTV, turn off FB and stick to only a select few on twitter.

Just because we all can 'follow' everyone, doesn't mean we have to!

MTV (if you could even call it that now) died a long long time ago.

RobertKK wrote: »

In fairness to Morgan, he has wanted wenger gone from arsenal for at least the last5 years and he is a huge arsenal fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Off topic but I was childhood friends with her, she's now claiming to be an "influencer", the worlds ****ed lads.

Pogba but i should be realistic we'll never sign him

Must be that Doctor Drake the rapper dude and record producer you know Eminem friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Must be that Doctor Drake the rapper dude and record producer you know Eminem friend.

Bit late to the show there buddy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Unfriends

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement