Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Fair enough, all I can say is everytime I flick on MTV I see his face or someone else I don't particularly like, my facebook newsfeed is clogged up with stupid people I also have no particular interest in but now thanks to the wonderful gift that is social media, I am aware of their existence, such luminaries as J-Wow, Gaz from Geordie Shore, some girls in a show called Teen Mom, Cian something or other who makes stupid videos being himself, and his equally irritating girlfriend.

As I said, we are bombarded constantly with so much information these days, wanted or other, from internets, colleagues, friends, girlfriends, relatives that I would find it tough enough to accept certain people are unknown, but I wouldn't stress about it.

Perhaps I just need to not talk to people so often or turn on the telly/computer :)

Sounds like MTV does be on a hell of a lot in your household :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One of our sexiest fans, Rachel Riley has just been talking about teabagging and carpet munching on TV,yep 8 out of 10 cats is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

zerks wrote: »
    One of our sexiest fans, Rachel Riley has just been talking about teabagging and carpet munching on TV,yep 8 out of 10 cats is back.

I love that show and I love that woman :)

Have the Fabinho rumours completely died down? It's just I've been watching too much MTV lately and have lost touch with the transfer rumours.

**** i knew i forgot something.. was watching the fulham-newcastle game.. will catch it on the plus 1

astradave wrote: »
    **** i knew i forgot something.. was watching the fulham-newcastle game.. will catch it on the plus 1

A year on from managing Madrid, Rafa is losing to Fulham in the championship.. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So Drake is a singer of sorts, had no idea.

Surely you'll recognize this?

http://youtu.be/eyGm-dpJWn0

Just from radio, bars, shops?

A year on from managing Madrid, Rafa is losing to Fulham in the championship.. Lol.

Yeah they look devoid of any creativity..

I love that show and I love that woman :)

Have the Fabinho rumours completely died down? It's just I've been watching too much MTV lately and have lost touch with the transfer rumours.

Nothing will be done until the ECL qualifiers are decided for Monaco.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surely you'll recognize this?

http://youtu.be/eyGm-dpJWn0

Just from radio, bars, shops?

Nope, Christ I'm still explaining this :)

I don't like pop music, so I plug in an iPod going to work. I have a young family so I haven't been in a pub at night in years.

Tesco must play this when I'm not there :)

yermandan wrote: »
    **Gentle daily reminder**

Morning lads and lassies,

It's Fantasy league time.

If you wanna plod along without any ambition then join the free league here ​

-> 49231-17540

Alternatively if you want to rise to the challenge in the paid league it is 10 euros
    entry so PM me for my paypal deets and I'll get the code over to ya.

Why the hell is no one else joining the pay league.. come on yiz stingy fecks :D

• Advertisement

Nope, Christ I'm still explain this :)

I don't like pop music, so I plug in an iPod going to work. I have a young family so I haven't been in a pub at night in years.

Tesco must play this when I'm not there :)
    I just picked the most popular one. He's had lots of stuff the "young ins" like.

Why the hell is no one else joining the pay league.. come on yin stingy fecks :D

I will shortly... The hard drive in my laptop died yesterday and I don't know my passwords to most sites PayPal included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Why the hell is no one else joining the pay league.. come on yin stingy fecks :D

I'll do it later or in morning but it will be more like a donation I'm that crap at fantasy football.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Who the hell is Drake?

He use to be my friend and would call me on his cellphone.

If you think the standard of Refereeing in the PL is shocking try watching the championship.. jesus christ this fella is so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I blame pogba for the eyefull i got on twitter last night :( so much Orlando bloom :(

If you think the standard of Refereeing in the PL is shocking try watching the championship.. jesus christ this fella is so bad

Was shocking bad two pretty clear penalty shouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

magnumbud wrote: »
    I blame pogba for the eyefull i got on twitter last night :( so much Orlando bloom :(

I am sure the shadow of Pogba back at United will cause big problems.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Was shocking bad two pretty clear penalty shouts.

The first one wasn't even a close call..

The first one wasn't even a close call..

I'm sure we will see just as bad in the prem next week.

I'd say tht game was a wakeup for the Geordie fans it's gonna be a hard slog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

was only saying it the other day, clubs making desperate bids and I even mentioned Sunderland....

Chelsea signed djilobodji last season for 3m. 1 game for them and they sell to Sunderland for 8m!!!

bangkok wrote: »
    was only saying it the other day, clubs making desperate bids and I even mentioned Sunderland....

Chelsea signed djilobodji last season for 3m. 1 game for them and they sell to Sunderland for 8m!!!

Chelsea making good money in recent years with this. Buy cheap, develop or loan and then sell for higher price. Good business by them to be fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Greizemann or ronaldo for another season after he's won everything with Madrid this season. Goals win you games and goal scorers are hard to find

the ronaldo ship has well and truly sailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Off topic but I was childhood friends with her, she's now claiming to be an "influencer", the worlds ****ed lads.

We are from the same place?

I know her brothers!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

adox wrote: »
    Unfriends

Hey I flick through the music channels, MTV happens to be one of them, his face also pops up on Hits, Viva, Clubland or some **** like that and Flava, probably all of them tbh, except Scuzz, don't think you would see him there?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

What would be stronger

Mata as the 10 with Hkmitaryan as the Right forward

Or

Hkmitaryan as the 10 and Rashford as the Right Forward

Rooneys rotting on the bench in both scenarios in case you didnt know

Don't think any of ye need to explain your choice of channels to or apps to someone on a forum fuk them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Never say never, we signed ibrahimovic at 34. Ronaldo is 31 and loves the club, the way we going He could easily sign for a season (don't think he would ever come back though)

I cant see us going for Griezmann either unless MK flops or Rashford doesnt develop, Jose likes a big strong striker and wouldn't play Griezmann as the central striker

• Advertisement

Never say never, we signed ibrahimovic at 34. Ronaldo is 31 and loves the club, the way we going He could easily sign for a season (don't think he would ever come back though)

Yes but Ibra is from Space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It lacks the understanding imo. Firstly your judging off Carrick falls under into what I mentioned earlier, this type of rigid set of criteria that people and the media seem to have set in stone as too what makes a good MF player. Tough tackling, powerful runs, quick footed and lots of flair etc.............and yes all of that is important but player can be good in other ways. Also you said he is a good player just now but certain skills have stopped him from becoming a top player and my point was about those who don't rate him so are we even in disagreement?

When judging him to be a top player or not you have to start by judging him properly against similar players.

Carrick at the base of midfield he can bring in players to the attack, his choice of pass means he rarely gives the ball away, this allows the team to build from the back.

His awareness of whats going on around him, his ability to intercept passes, then get back into position what the gives the entire team an attacking stronghold in a game is where Carrick excels. A lot of this ugly stuff goes unseen and a lot of players don't want to do it or cant.

Scholes put it well

Carrick is not going to dance his way out of a situation like Iniesta, he knows that and doesn't play to that weakeness.

Similar players to judge him against and those considered top players would be Busquets and Pirlo. Pirlo is flashy and quick footed at getting away from players under preessure, Busquets less so but considered a master of his position and but was often and still by some overlooked and underated, as Carrick has said about him also. Those players have an avg of 1.7 interceptions per game, and have a passing success percentage of 92% and 88% respectively. Carricks right in the middle with 89%. In total Utd have won 68% of their games with Carrick and 62% without.

The problem comes when Carrick looks bad because the team is playing bad and is not allowed to use his football brain when we are constantly under pressure but nobody looks good in those situations and unfortunately that's been happening a lot to UTD lately.

So Carricks ability to shut down threats benefits the entire team, and this is before I even get to his creative side, which is massively underrated

Neville put it well in terms of Carricks positional awareness

After the cleaning up and firefighting duties Carrick is very forwarding thinking with his passing

All is all these combination of abilities is what makes Carrick a very strong player overall.

Just wanted to say, great post.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

TheDoc wrote: »
    That's pretty rich coming from you.

It's an opinion I have that clearly doesn't sit well, so it will just be a roundabout debate ala Nani etc. So there really isn't a point in me getting defensive over it.

But literally no one will ever convince me that Carrick is deserving of the praise and labels he receives.

I'm not calling him a bad player, I'm just saying he is definitely not the wonderful midfielder everyone has a circlejerk over.

You are right, he is not a bad player. You are wrong to suggest everyone is jizzing over his ability. Nobody is making him out to be a superstar or the midfield version of Cantona.

Carrick has some very good qualities and over many years played a big part in many of United's successes.

He will never be remembered as favourably as Scholes, Keane or Giggs. He is more of a Gary Neville, despite his limitations he maximised his abilities and had a positive influence on the play and those around him. Played an important role in successful sides.

I bet most people would say Hargreaves was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

We are from the same place?

I know her brothers!

We are indeed String, my brother would be friends with her brother aswell, worlds too fúckin small :p

Any chance Gary Neville will be back on MNF? Craig Bellamy just isn't the same :)

Actually if we added Pogba, Bonnuci and Verrati right now I think we would be CL Contenders

-De Gea

Darmian-Smalling/Bailly-Bonnuci-Shaw

-Verrati-Pogba-

-Rashford or MK-Mk or Mata-Martial

-Zlatan

Perhaps a right back is needed, but that team oozes sex

• Advertisement

We could do that next year, for when we might actually be in the Champions League like. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What would be stronger

Mata as the 10 with Hkmitaryan as the Right forward

Or

Hkmitaryan as the 10 and Rashford as the Right Forward

Rooneys rotting on the bench in both scenarios in case you didnt know

First for me. Rashford shouldn't be relied upon so young he needs time to develop not to have the weight of the world on his shoulders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm getting a weird sense of deja vu.

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

In what way?

Didn't you just ask me that?:confused:

Sent you a PM. Not for the thread really and probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

• Advertisement

If you're after seeing 2 black cats i'm outta here

Didn't you just ask me that?:confused:

Sent you a PM. Not for the thread really and probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

Im now incredibly curious

Im now incredibly curious

Adox is going to be busy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Are you sure it's not your lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Actually if we added Pogba, Bonnuci and Verrati right now I think we would be CL Contenders

-De Gea

Darmian-Smalling/Bailly-Bonnuci-Shaw

-Verrati-Pogba-

-Rashford or MK-Mk or Mata-Martial

-Zlatan

Perhaps a right back is needed, but that team oozes sex

Let's buy all the players....

I remember a management game I had back in the day on the original PlayStation, I think it was, you could just fast forward the season and skip to each transfer window.... that was the craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If you're after seeing 2 black cats i'm outta here

In football, when somebody shouts out "The Agents are coming!", it doesn't mean the same thing it does in the Matrix.

Although considering the amount of money United pay to certain agents, I wouldn't be surprised if they were even more feared :D

ericzeking wrote: »
    Let's buy all the players....

I remember a management game I had back in the day on the original PlayStation, I think it was, you could just fast forward the season and skip to each transfer window.... that was the craic

And it was always the same players on transfer market at start of game

2743212_premier_manager_98_playstation_uk_front.jpgfree image hosting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wish I had known about that, there were only so many ways I could build around Sammer, Lothar Matthaus, Hierro and (Brazilian) Ronaldo in the same team back in FIFA Road to the World Cup '98. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Miguel Nadal and Patrick Kluivert iirc

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wish I had known about that, there were only so many ways I could build around Sammer, Lothar Matthaus, Hierro and (Brazilian) Ronaldo in the same team back in FIFA Road to the World Cup '98. :(

Was a classic but very easy too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement