Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

brinty wrote: »
    ^^
    Dave is that a reliable account

As for the rest of you posters

I'm not in anyway sexist. MarsBar and CookieDough love their roles

Dong I also manage the ladies team,that's hardly sexist??? If it was I'd be protesting against it..

He just translates all the Italian news outlets so he is just saying what is reported in sports mediaset..

Sunday, Monday Pogba day
    Tuesday Wednesday Pogba day
    Thursday, Friday Pogba day
    The weekend comes, my head hurts
    Ready for same **** all over again....

Ya I'm bored:pac::pac:

Well I reckon we will know by the end of the weekend either way with him due in Turing for training tomorrow according to Allergi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

astradave wrote: »
    Well I reckon we will know by the end of the weekend either way with him due in Turing for training tomorrow according to Allergi

Hopefully Dave, just wish it is sorted either way by now

Hopefully Dave, just wish it is sorted either way by now

The Pogba thread on Redcafe has like 40000 post nearly in 2 months.. imagine the meltdown if it doesn't go thru.. the devil inside me wishes it didn't just to see that fall out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

107190main_chal-sts41c.jpg

Stage one is looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

So you only have a problem with historical female defined roles and not male ones interestingly ironoic.. Anyways not the place for this...

Pogblah, Pogback, Pogbon, Pogboff

The male role here is a lot better paid, requires a lot more training and technical aptitude, and historically at least, is seen as a far more privileged position. I would imagine the vast majority of posters here are male so him picking a male as a pilot is to be expected. I have no problem with what he said, just pointed out that it was a bit sexist that he assigns the only two female posters here (that I'm aware of anyway) the task of serving snacks to the rest of us, who presumably are passengers, on this fictitious flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The male role here is a lot better paid, requires a lot more training and technical aptitude, and historically at least, is seen as a far more privileged position. I would imagine the vast majority of posters here are male so him picking a male as a pilot is to be expected. I have no problem with what he said, just pointed out that it was a bit sexist that he assigns the only two female posters here (that I'm aware of anyway) the task of serving snacks to the rest of us, who presumably are passengers, on this fictitious flight.

Is it not sexist if he doesnt assign them because they are female ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

**** this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sign pogba already so we can all move on!!

• Mars Bar wrote: »

Juventus reps expecting him for training Monday
    This saga is 2x worse than the Fabregas bull****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's been going on 4 long weeks now. It's actually ridiculous

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In a bid to get this topic on track...
    brinty wrote: »
    ^^

As for the rest of you posters

I'm not in anyway sexist. MarsBar and CookieDough love their roles

Brinty, I'm not speaking for anyone in particular, and haven't talked to the two people in question, but I have been getting messages now saying that this sort of thing really needs to stop. I have got messages in the past for other posters about the fact the thread can, at times, head down quite a misogynistic path, and if I'm being honest, your posts are often the driving force. This sort of stuff can create a negative environment which drives people off.

At the very least, it's all extremely off topic. At worst, your posts mentioning Mars Bar and CookieDough are coming across as creepy and pervy, and possibly bordering on harassment. Cut it out.

This, really, is an extension of the "No scantly clad women" warnings; if you guys want to be like that, find another thread in another section to engage in it. But it can, at times, come across like a bunch of horny teenagers who don't know how to act in a place that sort of behavior isn't required or requested.

Now, can we move back on topic please (and as usual, please don't respond to this message on thread; PM are your friends).

Mars Bar wrote: »

This is not a photoshop

I repeat this is not a photoshop

We lost him

BsK6ztKCYAAcW4O.jpg

:D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Juventus reps expecting him for training Monday
    This saga is 2x worse than the Fabregas bull****e

Tbh what the hell was Allergi supposed to say? It's not confirmed yet so he has to toe the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Mourinho turning into fergie....

"Manchester United watched Renato many times and maybe I did it even more. In so much time at home, I watched many Benfica and Portuguese league games, I got to know the boy better with time."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bangkok wrote: »
    Mourinho turning into fergie....

"Manchester United watched Renato many times and maybe I did it even more. In so much time at home, I watched many Benfica and Portuguese league games, I got to know the boy better with time."

I reckon if Jose was in charge, we would of gotten him but for me its not a big lost. I just dont rate his passing skills but that may come good in time

Is tomorrow considered a competitive game?

There's silverware at stake, even it's more suited to Arsenal's honors list than ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Korat wrote: »
    Is tomorrow considered a competitive game?

There's silverware at stake, even it's more suited to Arsenal's honors list than ours.

I think Jose's attitude to friendlies is the same as Zlatan's to trials.

Anyway, as regards the Arsenal jibe, who needs a league when you can get the cup and the bonus trophy anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Can the current squad win the league without Pogba?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Can the current squad win the league without Pogba?

Can they? Yes. But different story actually doing it.

After last few seasons I'd just be delighted myself for us to get automatic qualification for champions league having a good competitive season and a good cup run, also playing some nice football would be a bonus :P

But obviously with the players added, Mourinho joining and if Pogba comes too the majority will be expecting us to win the league, and why shouldn't they.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Is Pogba really the difference between us expecting to win the league and us being happy for us to just challenge? I don't think he is the kind of player to have that much of an impact tbh. If we aren't expecting a win without him we shouldn't be expecting it with him imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Is Pogba really the difference between us expecting to win the league and us being happy for us to just challenge? I don't think he is the kind of player to have that much of an impact tbh. If we aren't expecting a win without him we shouldn't be expecting it with him imo

Pogba is the difference of us having a top 4 finish to winning the league imo.

He is class, a beast to dominate games and score and create goals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well it can be attributed to people's opinions but personally with the squad of players and manager we have already, one most can agree should be up there in the top four challenging for the title, if we are to spend around £100 million pounds on bringing in another player I personally would be expecting us to be winning the league (or coming very close to) with that player playing a key part to the campaign.

23hrs 50 mins untill our first kinda competitive game

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Anyway, as regards the Arsenal jibe, who needs a league when you can get the cup and the bonus trophy anyway?

I think Arsenal's wikipedia page was hijacked a while back and it listed friendly tournament wins in their honours list. It was more extensive and historical than you'd think any casual prank could put together. That's where the 'jibe' came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

**Gentle daily reminder**

Morning lads and lassies,

It's Fantasy league time.

If you wanna plod along without any ambition then join the free league here ​

-> 49231-17540

Alternatively if you want to rise to the challenge in the paid league it is 10 euros
    entry so PM me for my paypal deets and I'll get the code over to ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Headshot wrote: »
    I reckon if Jose was in charge, we would of gotten him but for me its not a big lost. I just dont rate his passing skills but that may come good in time

I do get what you mean, but do also think he has improved on that aspect of his game considerably, year-on-year. Not saying he's got that Ronaldo type of psychotic drive to succeed and max out his potential (not a slight - I think even Ferguson said he never saw anyone like Ronaldo in that regard, and he was playing/managing at a high level for 50-odd years by the time he made that comment), but it definitely does appear to be there.

Pogba and Ravel Morrison are near-perfect examples of the difference hard work and dedication makes for stupendously talented youngsters. Morrison's reputation at a young age is about the only reason he is still at a top flight club, I'm guessing he'll be in tier 3 by the end of the decade. Meanwhile Pogba is already one of the biggest names in the game and may or may not be on the brink of becoming at least one of the 2-3 most expensive transfers ever.

That said, still not holding my breath on this transfer and I've managed to barely even get that excited by it; I've been let down by that carry on too often in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Are my chances of Charity Shield tickets slim to none?

A week ago, surrounded by talk of an LA medical and contract signing, I suggested that Pogba was merely there for a holiday and to see a Ben Folds gig, the signing would come later. I was only slightly wrong, it was a holiday and a Drake gig in NYC.

#ITKSorta #MondayIsTheDay #Another48Hours

• Advertisement

There are tweets posted on Redcafe saying Pogba is in Manchester, will do medical over the weekend. Who knows if true or not but it would be nice to get this wrapped up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There are tweets posted on Redcafe saying Pogba is in Manchester, will do medical over the weekend. Who knows if true or not but it would be nice to get this wrapped up.

Any links?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any links?

Posted them above

Article says
    Pogba has set foot in Manchester. In the late afternoon, the French midfielder has arrived in the English city in semi underground conditions: there are no photos at the time of his landing, but the news is confirmed. Tomorrow will support a medical with United, and in the coming days his transfer from Juventus to 110 million will be official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

pics or gtfo :P

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any links?

Sorry was on my phone it's a pain in the hoop to post links.

Sorry was on my phone it's a pain in the hoop to post links.

It's really not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It's really not :D

I find it easier on phone I usually fuk up anyway but more often than not I'll fuk up more on phone

Edit: less on phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

There was pics on twitter on thursday claiming to be a private copter landing at ot. Didnt show who got out so i figured it was spoof but maybe it wasnt :D

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    There was pics on twitter on thursday claiming to be a private copter landing at ot. Didnt show who got out so i figured it was spoof but maybe it wasnt :D

He was at a doctor drake concert since Thursday wasn't he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pics or gtfo :P

23vlw6h.jpg

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Well it can be attributed to people's opinions but personally with the squad of players and manager we have already, one most can agree should be up there in the top four challenging for the title, if we are to spend around £100 million pounds on bringing in another player I personally would be expecting us to be winning the league (or coming very close to) with that player playing a key part to the campaign.

The price is a bit of a red herring though. Transfer fees have gone crazy this summer. The only players in the world that we could sign right now that I'd expect to have that sort of impact are mostly at barca and real. For Pogba to find nation effectively, he needs to be part of a functional unit. He's not an individual that comes in and the tide rises all ships.

magnumbud wrote: »

Well the chopper was the United chopper landing at OT and was verified by a lad on Redcafe who took pics of it and posted them, his office is in view of OT. More than likely it was a visit by the Glazers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Well the chopper was the United chopper landing at OT and was verified by a lad on Redcafe who took pics of it and posted them, his office is in view of OT. More than likely it was a visit by the Glazers

The glazers ruin all my fun :(

Edit: NvM Quoting the same article

zerks wrote: »

Finally your early ;)

Pogba is now following Memphis on Instagram....

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Finally your early ;)

You're ;):p

1-1 :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement