Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Actually can't wait for all the posts putting down Pogba and the fee. This is what we have been missing. Everyone hating United again. Brilliant. Cause that means the fear is back!

jelly%20jam.jpg

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually can't wait for all the posts putting down Pogba and the fee. This is what we have been missing. Everyone hating United again. Brilliant. Cause that means the fear is back!

jelly%20jam.jpg

I cordially invite you to the transfer thread :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Is that the thread where you go to congratulate Southampton on going from League 1 to fielding two Premier League team in such a short space of time? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba was saying before any Jose Mourinho idea of being manager that he still loved United.

This from January 2015 always gave me hope he could return if United also wanted him to return.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/paul-pogba-says-loves-manchester-4976042
    "He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club."

He said he loves the club, and now 17 months later he is having a medical to return to the club he loves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba was saying before any Jose Mourinho idea of being manager that he still loved United.

This from January 2015 always gave me hope he could return if United also wanted him to return.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/paul-pogba-says-loves-manchester-4976042

He said he loves the club, and now 17 months later he is having a medical to return to the club he loves.

I would think money has played a larger part in this than love though - still reckon if Madrid had been willing or able to match the transfer fee then he would have gone there. But they didn't, and I do believe he is more than happy to sign for United.

I know he has been back to Manchester regularly since leaving, as he is still good friends with a lot of people who met/played with here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I always felt there was chance of him returning given how much time hes spent in Manchester since he left.

To be honest I felt City were favorites to land him though. Im sure I read they held a "strong" interest 12 months ago. I wonder what happened there?

I would think money has played a larger part in this than love though - still reckon if Madrid had been willing or able to match the transfer fee then he would have gone there. But they didn't, and I do believe he is more than happy to sign for United.

I know he has been back to Manchester regularly since leaving, as he is still good friends with a lot of people who met/played with here.

With Real Madrid, it was Zidane that was the draw, someone he deeply admires by all accounts, and sure who could blame him being French and given Zidane was such a special player.

Trond wrote: »
    I always felt there was chance of him returning given how much time hes spent in Manchester since he left.

To be honest I felt City were favorites to land him though. Im sure I read they held a "strong" interest 12 months ago. I wonder what happened there?

Barcelona were going to sig him but then couldn't afford him if they wanted to keep their forward line intact.
    City were linked, I think in his heart he just couldn't do it, he would have known it would end any chance he might of a return to United, and Evra would have stopped talking to him :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote: »

No thanks, your doing fine work with the Barca fan giving it loads.

Irony of a Barca fan giving jip over a transfer fee. Atleast we are likely going to fully disclose and declare the costs :cool:

With Real Madrid, it was Zidane that was the draw, someone he deeply admires by all accounts, and sure who could blame him being French and given Zidane was such a special player.

Could blame him for being so stupid to think Zidane will have any sort of tenure there to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Unless we sign a new Right back and Centre Back I reckon Jose see's this as our first team, we would all prefer Rooney ****ed out and either Rashford on the RW and HK as the 10 or Mata as the 10 and HK where he is. I'm not sure about Schneiderlin either playing the deep defensive MF role. His best season at Southhampton was a pure box to box midfielder, Carricks age however does bring another consideration, with Schweinstegger dumped I definitely think unless Schneiderlin steps up to the plate this year then tat area will be looked at next summer. Kante would have been perfect and who knows perhaps we did enquire but he only wanted chelsea, the polish lad that went from Seville to PSG could have been another option

De Gea
    Valencia-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw
    Carrick
    Pogba
    Hkmitaryan--Rooney--Martial
    Zlatan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Unless we sign a new Right back and Centre Back I reckon Jose see's this as our first team, we would all prefer Rooney ****ed out and either Rashford on the RW and HK as the 10 or Mata as the 10 and HK where he is. I'm not sure about Schneiderlin either playing the deep defensive MF role. His best season at Southhampton was a pure box to box midfielder, Carricks age however does bring another consideration, with Schweinstegger dumped I definitely think unless Schneiderlin steps up to the plate this year then tat area will be looked at next summer. Kante would have been perfect and who knows perhaps we did enquire but he only wanted chelsea, the polish lad that went from Seville to PSG could have been another option

De Gea
    Valencia-Bailly-Smalling-Shaw
    Carrick
    Pogba
    Hkmitaryan--Rooney--Martial
    Zlatan

MKHITARYAN.. Mk(dons)-hit-a-ryan....

Sorry but i had no idea who HK was in your post until you put up the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

nyvmOmx.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Looks like he dropped off his bag of washing from his hols as soon as he arrived.

The Paddy Crerand show on now.
    Paddy being cautious saying he will wait till the dotted line is signed.

Exciting times at United.

nyvmOmx.png

Is that really him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

There's no way he leaves carrington without signing
    #pogball..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Can't wait for the season to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Is he likely to be in the squad on Sunday? Or will he be kept for the game against Southampton Friday week.

Olly with a gem

woodycarltonfaujk.gif

Lads who's left for us to sign in FM when it comes out for 16/17 season...

A CB maybe a RB
    But whom would those players be...

astradave wrote:
    Olly with a gem

Just saw that on the twitter Dave
    Brilliant
    #pogball

brinty wrote: »

A CB maybe a RB

I dunno but i can feckin wait for Fifa 17. might even try play career or normal seasons now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

:D
    https://abload.de/img/woodycarltonfaujk.gif

Just saw its already posted. Its brilliant

• billyhead wrote: »
    :D
    https://abload.de/img/woodycarltonfaujk.gif

Just saw its already posted. Its brilliant

Getting a dose of the "zerks" I see :P

*Edit* Haha dave you are too quick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

nyvmOmx.png

Only there an hour and he's already making moves on Rooney's birds

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »

A CB maybe a RB

I started fifa career mode weekend I put our four signings in and I signed manolas and Carvahal some team.

Paddy Crerand cannot understand why the fans have a problem with Rooney in the team.

Jason from Dublin really laid into Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Wonder how much will he be in the Fantasy Football?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

jayo26 wrote: »
    I started fifa career mode weekend I put our four signings in and I signed manolas and Carvahal some team.

I'm playing pes career. Got offered 30 million for rojo so sold him and bought varane for 25 out of that. Have varela as RB and darmain backup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Wouldn't expect him to be a great ff player

jayo26 wrote:

Interseing
    Is it just me that sees no great right backs at the moment
    I'd be looking for bonucci.. and stones just to pee off Citeh even further....

All in all folks a decent summer
    Four signings identified, concluded and wrapped up before the season starts
    Everyone hates us again
    We've out Madrid-ed Real Madrid
    Couldn't be happier

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote:

Was that you Jayo26

Probably in the 9-10m area
    magnumbud wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect him to be a great ff player

Why not he is a midfielder that is known to be a goal threat and has added assists to his game. Jose has already said that he wants him to be the midfield goal threat like Lampard scholes and Gerrard, while being able to defend too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paddy Crerand cannot understand why the fans have a problem with Rooney in the team.

With the greatest of respect to Paddy, he was defending LVG and Moyes till the day they went. The man oozes United from his pores, but he'd defend a United player to the death if they were caught on camera killing kittens and puppies in cold blood....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,370 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    With the greatest of respect to Paddy, he was defending LVG and Moyes till the day they went. The man oozes United from his pores, but he'd defend a United player to the death if they were caught on camera killing kittens and puppies in cold blood....

From what I've seen elsewhere, what paddy says on mutv may not be what paddy actually thinks. Which would be disappointing anyway you look at it.

Pirlo has had a say about Pogba's move

Pogba hungry to be the best

The plaudits roll in for Paul Pogba, the latest from former Juve teammate and current New York City star Andrea Pirlo.

“He is, of course, a great player, but sometimes with natural ability, some players think that is enough,” said Pirlo.

“That’s not the case with him. You are getting a player with a great attitude. He wants to be the best in the world, he wants to learn off the coaches and the senior players. He is hungry to be the best.”

What about that pesky fee? Pirlo’s had his say on that as well.

“A lot of people have a lot to say about what the fee could be and if he’s worth it. But when you pay a big fee you just have to ask one question - can this player play a big part in us winning trophies?

If he can do that then it will always be worth it for the buying club.

“We know Pogba can do this and we know he can do it for a lot of years to come.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Last week someone rang in and gave out to both Stuart Gardner and Paddy over defending LVG.
    Stuart said they work for the club and have to work with the manager. Paddy said you don't think we weren't bored watching United last season.

I had to laugh, all you could do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So how come I'm only finding out that the lovely Ms Rachel Riley is fronting the new FNF on Sky?

very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

is it 9pm BST or 9pm Europe time?

astradave wrote: »

Stuart Gardner said to keep watching MUTV as it could be interesting.

I say united want to get it done and then to concentrate on the upcoming game.

Jayop wrote: »
    So how come I'm only finding out that the lovely Ms Rachel Riley is fronting the new FNF on Sky?

very happy.

It was discussed at length in multiple threads.. where have you been man ha..

Rio's post on facebook
    POGBA returns

From the first moment he came through the doors of the treatment room (where players got strappings before training) I sensed there was something different about the kid.
    Manchester United had taken him from Le harve and this was big news in France as Paul was highly rated. I had heard we had gone to great lengths to get his signature, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

He was a tall gangly teenager (similar to myself at the same age) but he had a confident swagger in the way he carried himself, one of a nice determined confidence.
    With very little time of him being there, the young players who had trained with him and the coaches were raving about the ability and maturity he possesed.

So I took a keen interest in watching him along with the ridiculously talented Ravel Morrison.
    His stature on the pitch made him immediately stand out, but he passed gracefully over all distances and had feet like a ballerina with a ball at his feet & he could score goals from outside the box too.

Paul knew what he wanted - he wanted to be the best player that his ability would allow. He knew hard work alligned with his natural talent would go a long way to getting him there. You could see he had a pure love of the game, always around to do freestyle skills before & after training, extra work on the training ground on various areas of his game and importantly you could see he was his own man, not a follower, someone who would not be influenced by others.

I remember going over to watch a group of the youth team players training and thought they werent training in a complete professional manor and saw Paul, Ravel & Januzai all sat down chatting as everyone was going inside so I strolled over and got stuck into them a bit, asking "do you guys want to be top players, do you think switching on your efforts in training on & off are going to make the manager think you should be with the first team"?

They all could see the wrongs in their behaviour but I remember Paul saying he should be there with the first team anyway! That confidence in his own ability stood out above everything for me.

Once he got over with the first team on a regular basis I remember Scholesy hacking him to the floor almost every session and Paul looking around as if to say what is this... It toughened him up im sure but also showed us he was brave and didnt shirk that other side of the game - his ability wasnt questioned by anyone of the first team... it's a young players temperament that the senior players and coaches wonder about with the kids stepping up - Paul had it.

We all know that he was allowed (reluctantly) to leave for Juventus but before he went, I stopped him in the corridor at Carrington and started to tell him he is making a mistake going there "the italian league is weaker, the stadiums arent full" etc, anything to deter him but he said the deal had been done.

I finished by saying "what do you want to be man, a top player at the best club or what"?? Paul looked at me calmly and replied "The best player in the world". I walked off stunned, not I want a chance, I need games... this boy was thinking way beyond that!

There it was again, that inner confidence oozing from him. Fast forward to now and he is en route (still a way to go to get to there) but well on his way & with the platform of Old Trafford he has a real oppurtunity to be the next Man Utd player after Cristiano Ronaldo to be crowned the best player in the world.

Man Utd need to build around a group of young hungry players like Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Pogba is the one to lead that group from the front - the only way he would want it.

Good luck Paul

Rio

#Pogback #mufc #juventus #pogba

Wonder was it Jayop or jayo26 hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

To be fair MUTV is like North Korea state tv

Jayop wrote: »

very happy.

You must of been following zerks on twitter for updates mate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

astradave wrote: »
    It was discussed at length in multiple threads.. where have you been man ha..

Rio's post on facebook

I've been unable to post anything online since Saturday, it's taken me the few days after the Tyrone game to get back on here again.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Wonder was it Jayop or jayo26 hmmmmm

I'm a nordie Jayo. 't wasn't me

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement