Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I'm loving Valencia at the moment. He is giving it his all and for once is making an impact!!! Please let it continue.

Someone mentioned yesterday that maybe the only reason Jose is playing Valencia is to help Bailly adjust due to communication. Valid point but I do think Jose prefers Valencia to Darmian and at the moment I do to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jayop wrote: »
    Wasn't there a story a few years ago too saying that he sacked his agent because he's at United now so won't be needing one anymore?

Yep after he moved from Wigan he sacked the agent, but I presume he has since hired a new one as that was a few years ago now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wasn't there a story a few years ago too saying that he sacked his agent because he's at United now so won't be needing one anymore?

You're right but I didn't know that until now:
    http://talksport.com/sports-news/football/premier-league/1510/55/valencia-ditches-agent-he-targets-long-stay-man-united

So old skool. I love it.
    Also just remembered he used to be 7 but gave up the shirt after his form dropped iirc - some may think that shows a lack of ambition but I think that shows great respect for the club and its history tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You're right but I didn't know that until now:
    http://talksport.com/sports-news/football/premier-league/1510/55/valencia-ditches-agent-he-targets-long-stay-man-united

So old skool. I love it.
    Also just remembered he used to be 7 but gave up the shirt after his form dropped iirc - some may think that shows a lack of ambition but I think that shows great respect for the club and its history tbh.

It's a wee bit of a generalisation but a lot of people from South America are supposed to be very superstitious and if he changed number and it went to **** for him then changing back was probably completely logical in his head.

In fact never mind SA people, footballlers are supposed to be mad suspicious as a whole group. Some mental pre game rituals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/4805924/Top-10-Football-superstitions-to-rival-Arsenals-Kolo-Toure.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It's a wee bit of a generalisation but a lot of people from South America are supposed to be very superstitious and if he changed number and it went to **** for him then changing back was probably completely logical in his head.

In fact never mind SA people, footballlers are supposed to be mad suspicious as a whole group. Some mental pre game rituals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/4805924/Top-10-Football-superstitions-to-rival-Arsenals-Kolo-Toure.html

Luke shaw changed his number as well.

Most lads I played with, including myself had the same pre match ritual. Mine was when I went onto the pitch before the game, kick the ball up high into the air and take it down with 1 touch and do that 3 times!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

bangkok wrote: »

Most lads I played with, including myself had the same pre match ritual. Mine was when I went onto the pitch before the game, kick the ball up high into the air and take it down with 1 touch and do that 3 times!! :)

I'd have been there all day trying to take it down with one touch three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Tomorrow could/should be a great day.
    Pogba officially a United player.
    My father's 90th birthday. He also supports united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Wonder what Fellaini's is?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Been smiling for over 24 hours now

Cant remember the last time that happened.

Time to start dropping hints around the house for an ibra and a pogba jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Watch us lose this weekend now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Was trying to come up with an Ed Woodward chant to rhyme with the Ibrahimovic one.

Have you heard
    Of Ed Woodward
    He is a f*cking genius.
    He'll buy your life
    Then f*ck your wife
    With his Ed Woodward penis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Doesn't Shaw have his favourite number now?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

TheDoctor wrote: »

ron-swanson-buzzkill-o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

TheDoctor wrote: »

gtfo
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ShaneU wrote: »

Must be getting old but my eyes just rolled 360 when I saw that UFC shíte and Brock Lesnar's voice over on Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

xtal191 wrote: »

Quality!! Adidas are laughing all the way to the bank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I love that intro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg?w=400

• MrMac84 wrote: »
    Quality!! Adidas are laughing all the way to the bank

https://twitter.com/Unitedology/status/762796513961603077

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Bit of an odd time of day to announce a world record signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Well at least we can finally talk about something else. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

xtal191 wrote: »

Loving the wee Red Devils logo that Pogba has on the side of his head.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am simply very happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Paul Pogba said:
    “I am delighted to rejoin United. It has always been a club with a special place in my heart and I am really looking forward to working with José Mourinho. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Juventus and have some fantastic memories of a great club with players that I count as friends. But I feel the time is right to go back to Old Trafford. I always enjoyed playing in front of the fans and can’t wait to make my contribution to the team. This is the right club for me to achieve everything I hope to in the game.”

José Mourinho said:
    “Paul is one of the best players in the world and will be a key part of the United team I want to build here for the future. He is quick, strong, scores goals and reads the game better than many players much older than he is. At 23, he has the chance to make that position his own here over many years. He is young and will continue to improve; he has the chance to be at the heart of this club for the next decade and beyond.”

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

Top top manager
    Best player in French league
    Players player of the German league
    Paul pogba

Take a ed , take a bow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

ceegee wrote: »
    Bit of an odd time of day to announce a world record signing.

https://twitter.com/StuartRowson/status/762799065809682432

Done with global viewership in mind.

• Advertisement

1st interview up at 1.30am on MUTV.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/762804357305806849

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Bring back the hate !!

Some things Pogba has said on instagram over a few posts:

Leaving Manchester when I was 18 was a mutual decision between the club and me and the right thing to do at that moment. Now it's time to go back and forward, Old Trafford here I come!

My deepest respect to the clubs who considered having me. Gracias, merci!

Juventus will always be a part of me and I will always miss, love and be grateful to the club, the team and especially the supporters. I hope you can respect my decision. The most beautiful part of friendship is to understand and be understood.

It is difficult to explain so much in a few lines but I made a decision guided by my heart and nothing else.

This transfer took so long because it was a huge decision and involved lots of thinking and work. The wait was as annoying to me as it was to you.

To all supporters who wrote on my pages about transfer rumours, I have read you all and thank you for the passionate messages. My apologies for not responding before, by law I could not talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

shrewdness wrote: »

Ehhh but what about most UK and Irish people. Global but mainly Asia and America ha

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Ehhh but what about most UK and Irish people. Global but mainly Asia and America ha

Oh yeah not a good time at all for the part of the world the club is actually in! Maybe it shows the way the game is gone, timed more for sponsors etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Oh yeah not a good time at all for the part of the world the club is actually in! Maybe it shows the way the game is gone, timed more for sponsors etc.

Must be the case, anyway least the deal is done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

89 million ??? - about 40 million over the top - the peoples game allright, whers me pawn sandwich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

thebaz wrote: »
    89 million ??? - about 40 million over the top - the peoples game allright, whers me pawn sandwich
    Hi there, and let me on behalf of the Man Utd forum welcome you to 2016. :)

My deepest respect to the clubs who considered having me. Gracias, merci!

.[/I]

Loving this line.... He he Madrid and PSG

My only little twinge of annoyance is transfer sagas will now been seen as a way to build hype and exposure for advertising purposes. This transfer reminds me of tv shows coming back on air. I'm guessing this was tied up for a while and Addidas, United and Pogba milked it untill the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Love the bitterness from the rival fans, haven't seen so much **** posted. From one of the best midfielders in the world to not that good, he is just a marketing dream but not that good a player.

On the other hand we have few who believes every Arsenal midfielder is better than Pogba and even Ramsey is better than Pogba. Loltastic.

Btw, Juventus confirmed they are paying the agent. So 105 Million + 5 Million Euros is the final price.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Love the bitterness from the rival fans, haven't seen so much **** posted. From one of the best midfielders in the world to not that good, he is just a marketing dream but not that good a player.

On the other hand we have few who believes every Arsenal midfielder is better than Pogba and even Ramsey is better than Pogba. Loltastic.

Btw, Juventus confirmed they are paying the agent. So 105 Million + 5 Million Euros is the final price.

As an arsenal fan, I'm more bitter about United's willingness to spend the money, which Wenger simply will not do.

Ramsey better than Pogba? He was better than him at the Euros, that's about all that can be said.

Basil3 wrote: »
    As an arsenal fan, I'm more bitter about United's willingness to spend the money, which Wenger simply will not do.

Ramsey better than Pogba? He was better than him at the Euros, that's about all that can be said.

I agree he was better than Pogba in the euros, but in general? No way.

thebaz wrote: »

Didn't Everton ask 50 Million for Stones? And more than 60 Million for Lukaku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Good Morning :D

tumblr_nz5a0dolHQ1u9hke4o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

5 year contract with the option for an extra year. Good job Ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Didn't Everton ask 50 Million for Stones? And more than 60 Million for Lukaku?

Premiership proven, blah blah blah.

I really didn't think it would happen.

After Ronaldinho, after Vidal, after Bale, after Robben, after Sneidjer etc, we always seemed to be on the losing end of any saga we were involved in.

People can blather on about over paying or about paying big wages but who fcuking cares. We invariably have overpayed in the past so why should this be any different. Its just jealousy anyway. The fact is there are maybe 4 or 5 teams in the world that could have pulled off this transfer and we did it.

Fantastic job by Woodward.

Having a genuine world class manager at the helm cannot be understated.

Transfers like this are the culmination of 25 years of building the club into the worldwide sporting juggernaut it has become.

Pogba's signature will deliver massive revenues off field so hopefully his on field presence will have the same effect.

paul-pogba-united-manchester_3760622.jpg?20160809015304

Bx6Hsx3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a glorious day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

:-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement