Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

GSPfan wrote: »
    Thank Christ its over.

He has a few days now to train and make the weekends match day squad.

Could you delete this post and simply just put in 3 smilies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So have read up a little. United paying €105m with 5m bonus if he signs a new contract according to Juve's statement. Juve also paying the agent fees apparently.. nice..

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/762803274630172672

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm delighted with the contract 6 years is a basically covering one of the best midfielders in the world up to the age of 29 it insures our investment that if some does try come in for him and he is living up to expectations we will get a new record fee for him.

It's going to be a long boring month now I wonder is schneider looking for a move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

A great day to be a united supporter. We are back in the big time now. Fear has finally returned to old Trafford. Sexy football will be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm delighted with the contract 6 years is a basically covering one of the best midfielders in the world up to the age of 29 it insures our investment that if some does try come in for him and he is living up to expectations we will get a new record fee for him.

It's going to be a long boring month now I wonder is schneider looking for a move.

Yeah that's what I was most interested in too..

Seems reports in Italy are stating Juve will recieve €72m profit after taxes and fees. Less than what they paid for Higuain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'll cautiously raise my Pogba confidence to 51%. You can't trust the club's website. Not until I read it on some random Italian teenager's twitter will I believe it.

astradave wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I was most interested in too..

Seems reports in Italy are stating Juve will recieve €72m profit after taxes and fees. Less than what they paid for Higuain.

If I was a Juve fan I'd feel hard done by. Not because of the fee i believe they got a premium but for who they spent it on.

We basically got pogba for 14 million more then a 28 year old higuain that has to be some kind of perspective on the transfer market.

• jayo26 wrote: »

Not really.

The transfers are done. No ridiculous transfer deadline day "drama" I hate the bull****e.
    The football starts Sunday and we are in an excellent position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Ed I doubted you but thank f*ck I was too tight to pay the fiver to change my username!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not really.

The transfers are done. No ridiculous transfer deadline day "drama" I hate the bull****e.
    The football starts Sunday and we are in an excellent position.

Ahh no I agree I was been a bit sarcastic I'm delighted we have our important business done before the season starts for the first time in ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldn't be shocked now if we have a few departures over the next two weeks, and some could then yield lower key buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bring on the titties!

Time to learn how to fųckin' dab, boys!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great squad and manager now. Not usually one for twitter but I'm hopping on the #pogback wagon !

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Jose has given us a spine... De Gea, Bailly, Pogba, Zlatan... best possible start to his tenure.

• Jose has given us a spine... De Gea, Bailly, Pogba, Zlatan... best possible start to his tenure.

Resize this and make it your sig or I will :P

A1YVI15l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have we found out his squad number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just checked the store no confirmation yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Just checked the store no confirmation yet

I'd go with 6 but who knows really !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

What a summer.:D

393861.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Adidas put a picture on Snapchat of Pogba in his United training kit and he had signed it with a 6 after his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just watched Pogba's interview just wow talk about emotional to watch.

You can tell he loves the club, no matter what the fee he loves Manchester United and I love that about him....

WE ARE BACK YOU SALTY WHORE'S 😆

Gotta give it to Ed talks about pogba costing 130 or 140 million euros and in reality it's 100 or 105 and a long contract

WE ARE UNITED

so ****ing happy right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It really is a massive statement from the club.

Top manager, world record fee for a top player, and lets not forget this is probably a first in the EPL getting a top player ahead of Spain. Sure top players have developed in the EPL, but clearly Pogba is already considered world class.

It marks a clear turning point in the management of MU. SInce Glazers took over in reality MU have been operating on a tight budget, unwilling to make the risks. That seemed to be changing with ADM but they got badly burnt with that so I was worried they would revert to type.

It looks like, as bad as last year was, it was the kick they needed to finally make the decision to start to act like the force they want to be. With TV rights so strong for EPL (I read recently that SPL combined TV money for 16/17 is £20m!) all teams within it are guaranteed strong revenue so MU can now seriously leverage they world-wide base, built up over many years, to target world domination (in football terms!)

Now, Pogba only does not guarantee anything, but he is a massive addition to the team in a area that has been a huge problem since Keane/Scholes. AS other posters have said, it should bring the 'fear' back to other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Walking into the office like this today

giphy.gif

Absolutely buzzing for Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ElChe32 wrote: »

giphy.gif

That gif needs Ed's head photoshopped onto Conor :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Is "We're back" the United version of "Our year"?
    Hearing it a lot now and when Louis took over.

Bangkok seems to have copyright it at this stage .

I wouldn't be proclaiming were back and stuff yet. We have along way to go tactics wise to get to the level we would all love us to be at.

We do have one of the best foundations in place that we have had for many years. We have some of the best and most exciting youngsters we have had for 20 years but they all need to fulfill their potential before we are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Adidas put a picture on Snapchat of Pogba in his United training kit and he had signed it with a 6 after his name.

Pogb6?
    Po6ba?

Must copyright those:-?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pogba 6

Confirmed officially now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

paulbok wrote: »
    Pogb6?
    Po6ba?

Must copyright those:-?

how did you not include pog6a which is the nearest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

ElChe32 wrote: »

giphy.gif

If you are doing the strut you have to do it from the master

tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No its not. Are you just looking good for negative to piss and moan? It's pogba day enjoy it

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    how did you not include pog6a which is the nearest :P

Dammit!

Only had one cup of tea so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

jayo26 wrote: »
    If I was a Juve fan I'd feel hard done by. Not because of the fee i believe they got a premium but for who they spent it on.

We basically got pogba for 14 million more then a 28 year old higuain that has to be some kind of perspective on the transfer market.

If Higuain scores goals like he has for Napoli then I wouldn't feel hard done by as a Juve fan. Historically in the transfer market goal scorers/strikers cost more than any other position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ok - now go get a commanding CB, a top class right back and a top class right winger. Otherwise this summer is sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just curious, do United fans still hate the Glazers? I never see the green and yellow scarves anymore and no one can deny the amount of money they have invested in players the last couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If Higuain scores goals like he has for Napoli then I wouldn't feel hard done by as a Juve fan. Historically in the transfer market goal scorers/strikers cost more than any other position.

True but pogba has arrived in great shape compared to higuain atm

Totally understand that but when you look at what they can achieve from it and his age.

Realistically the best juventus will do is dominate in Italy for another year or two which they would of done without higuain and then he is worth very little they won't get any money back on him and he ain't going to push them closer to the champions league win.

If for example they had to bid 70 million on a player like Lukaku or even less money on lacazete or that type of younger players they would get goals and probably money back and a chance that he will improve also.

Just my opinion I don't think higuain is a bad player if he was a few years younger he would be a good signing but I think he has hit his peak and now he has to stay there which is going to be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

joe123 wrote: »
    Just curious, do United fans still hate the Glazers? I never see the green and yellow scarves anymore and no one can deny the amount of money they have invested in players the last couple of years.

I don't think it's the Glazer's money that's being invested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

joe123 wrote: »

The Glazers haven't put a penny in to United, ever.

I've no issue with them now - as debt has been brought down to a manageable level; the club was in a dangerous position for a number of years because of them but the inflation in sponsorship deals and, especially, TV deals has saved the club. They are also now allowing the club to use the cash it generates to buy big players.

I believe they held United back under Fergie in terms of money being spent.
    I believe they held United back when they appointed Moyes to try continue the Fergie template on the cheap.
    They tried to right these wrongs when it all went tits up, with LVG and signings made under him - it didn't work out but I don't blame them.
    With Mourinho and this summer, they have made the right call and given the club the freedom to act as it should.

They aren't hamstringing the club - so happy days, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

No its not. Are you just looking good for negative to piss and moan? It's pogba day enjoy it

Nope. Just something I've noticed.
    We're back when we lift the league or Champions League title and no sooner.

€105m - guts of £90m,
    no reported add ons save the €5m signs a new deal one,
    6 year contract,
    Juventus pay the agent fees,

Not too shabby Ed, not too shabby.
    It was always going to take a record fee to get him, but it's only £10m more than Ronaldo wr fee 7 years ago, and with all of Europe knowing about the flood of TV money, prices will have jumped 10-20% in the last year or so alone.
    Figures of €145m bandied about last week so (for what those reports were worth), Ed seems to have grown a pair with the negotiations, especially with the agent fees.

So as it stands, £140m spent this window on 3 key players and one who should be by next season. Ok, their wages are big, but a serious reduction on the wages was achieved over the last two summers clear outs.
    They club should be well able for a similar outlay next summer if needed (Griezmann?). All with money they earned.

Off the pitch the club is in an enviable position with money coming in from all sides.
    The debt, bet you'd nearly forgotten about that, rival fans don't seem to bandy it about as much these days, is nothing now compared to the revenue streams the club has. Probably could pay it down in 2/3 years if they wanted to.

All over to José now to get the footballing side back to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Ok - now go get a commanding CB, a top class right back and a top class right winger. Otherwise this summer is sh1t.

We already have someone who can be all three

9HDfq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Adamocovic wrote: »
    We already have someone who can be all three

9HDfq.jpg

As well as a destroyer at DM and a corner taking magician.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Bring on the titties!

Time to learn how to fųckin' dab, boys!

giphy.gif

I know people are happy but let's not lose all sense of dignity

918.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sunday. Monday. Happy Days.... :)

iW1mhEq.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.