Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I must say I am enjoying the saltiness from opposition fans, not to mention Graeme Souness and his bitterness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's a bit like one of those perfect Christmas mornings I had as a child. I come downstairs, have the breakfast with excited anticipation and then the parents (RIP), would let me into the sitting room and to all the presents that awaited. This summer has been like that, starting with the wonderful end of the LVG era and the appointment of Jose. It then got better with the excellent signings we've made, so you couldn't ask for more really.

Kudos also to Ed for doing such an excellent & decisive job in the transfer market this summer. And so much for the speculative bullshít about how much we would end up paying. Ed has created the kind of revenue streams and commercial partnerships, that rival clubs can only dream of. He can now step back into the shadows, keep generating the big bucks for the club and let Jose work his magic with the template he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I must say I am enjoying the saltiness from opposition fans, not to mention Graeme Souness and his bitterness.

129.png?w=1000

:):D Graeme right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Stones gone to City for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

adox wrote: »

£47.5 million apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's a bit like one of those perfect Christmas mornings I had as a child. I come downstairs, have the breakfast with excited anticipation and then the parents (RIP), would let me into the sitting room and to all the presents that awaited.

Your parents made you eat breakfast before they let you at your presents? Damn, that's ice cold.

adox wrote: »

Personally, I really couldn't careless about who they sign, in fact, Dr. Cox's sums it up for me perfectly......

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So who's the next player for the drawn out transfer saga treatment? :pac:

Your parents made you eat breakfast before they let you at your presents? Damn, that's ice cold.

Tell me about it and it took years of therapy to get me right again.

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    £47.5 million apparently

so he's half the player that Pogba is then? :pac:

• adox wrote: »

And nobody bats an eye-lid ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Billy86 wrote: »
    Hi there, and let me on behalf of the Man Utd forum welcome you to 2016. :)

I actually posted in wrong forum late last night - but to balance it up - Stones to City is an over-valuation of about the same :) - Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

city have now spent 117.5 million on 3 CBs in 3 Summers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't get the 'salt' reference. Where's that come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Salty tears.

• Advertisement

It's from an episode of South Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Its just Man Utd fans as usual trying to make out how worried everyone is about Man Utd because they signed some very good but overpriced players. Anything negative about Man Utd's signings is met with childish remarks not any sort of discussion/debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Cannot wait to see pogba and ibrahimovic stroll out onto the pitch together at old Trafford. We are going to batter some teams this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

magnumbud wrote: »

And still they are weak without Kompany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Pogba already added to FF for 8.5
    MD1990 wrote: »
    Its just Man Utd fans as usual trying to make out how worried everyone is about Man Utd because they signed some very good but overpriced players. Anything negative about Man Utd's signings is met with childish remarks not any sort of discussion/debate.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sorry for not being as mature as you guys. We shall proceed to post pictures of Pandas and call each other saps from now on.

Its just Man Utd fans as usual trying to make out realising how worried everyone is about Man Utd because they signed some very good great but overpriced players. Anything negative about Man Utd's signings is met with childish remarks not any sort of discussion/debate.

You're in the Man Utd superthread obviously everyone is going to be delighted with the transfer business, we've got the cash so are spending it so what?

FYP btw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

bangkok wrote: »
    Cannot wait to see pogba and ibrahimovic stroll out onto the pitch together at old Trafford. We are going to batter some teams this season.

Can we play Hull as quickly as possible please? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Go ahead, you make negative comments and I'll have debate with you

tumblr_mh68l3OKvw1rmcnino1_500.gif

Strange mix of joy and saltiness in here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If Pool could attract/afford a player of his stature would you have any problem with the fee ?

Oh and btw MD1990. You're the one who fell over himself to come here and tell us Pogba was using United to get a better deal at Juve on the back of a tweet you seen. You're the one who jizzed himself to soon when Galatasaray took a lead and tried getting a dig in for a preseason game.

Your lack of self awareness is astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I highly doubt you visit this or any other Man United thread too often if you feel that is the case.

There has been ongoing debates about Pogba during the whole time he has been linked with us. People on both sides have been voicing their opinions and concerns if any had. Generally with a signing people get excited and post gifs, memes and maybe an optimistic post. Most wait until the whole circus around the transfer dies down a little before sparking up the debates again, something this place in-particular should enjoy considering nearly every day there is some big debate going on about a player, manager or tactics.

Honestly find it more childish to go onto a rival thread with the intentions of stirring up a reaction for your own amusement, I can only imagine. And if you try spin it as if you aren't looking for a reaction, I highly doubt that, what else would you be expecting coming into a United thread, talking about the fans in a way you presumably would in whatever team thread you follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lithium93_ wrote: »

joltiness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

They got Ibrahimovich for free and if anything they probably underpaid for Mkhitaryan and probably Bailly too. 89m for Pogba wasn't too bad considering Adidas alone give United 75m per year and Pogba is marketable as f*ck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

beno619 wrote: »
    If Pool could attract/afford a player of his stature would you have any problem with the fee ?
    I would be delighted to have Pogba at Liverpool. But not at the money he is costing & his wages.
    Oh and btw MD1990. You're the one who fell over himself to come here and tell us Pogba was using United to get a better deal at Juve on the back of a tweet you seen. You're the one who jizzed himself to soon when Galatasaray took a lead and tried getting a dig in for a preseason game.

Your lack of self awareness is astonishing.
    I made a point about Mourinho's pre-season at Chelsea & comparing it to Man Utd who had lost the game previously. I thought Pogba was going to stay at Juventus but having Riaola as his agent I should have known he would leave especially considering how Ibrahimovic has moved about during his career.
    Anyway the jokes about being bitter about signing this player etc are very old anyway.
    Adamocovic wrote: »
    I highly doubt you visit this or any other Man United thread too often if you feel that is the case.

There has been ongoing debates about Pogba during the whole time he has been linked with us. People on both sides have been voicing their opinions and concerns if any had. Generally with a signing people get excited and post gifs, memes and maybe am optimistic post. Most wait until the whole circus around the transfer dies down a little before sparking up the debates again, something this place in-particular should enjoy considering nearly every day there is some big debate going on about a player, manager or tactics.

Honestly find it more childish to go onto a rival thread with the intentions of stirring up a reaction for your own amusement, I can only imagine. And if you try spin it as if you aren't looking for a reaction, I highly doubt that, what else would you be expecting coming into a United thread, talking about the fans in a way you presumably would in whatever team thread you follow.
    I thought I was posting in the transfer thread. My post isn't looking for a reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

145 odd million and 4 top top players brought in I'd call that a very good window.

Plenty of games to look forward to now also.

magnumbud wrote: »

That's true but look how much we have spent on midfield trying to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I would be delighted to have Pogba at Liverpool. But not at the money he is costing & his wages.

Well, obviously, because it would bankrupt the club.

I made a point about Mourinho's pre-season at Chelsea & comparing it to Man Utd who had lost the game previously. I thought Pogba was going to stay at Juventus but having Riaola as his agent I should have known he would leave especially considering how Ibrahimovic has moved about during his career.
    Anyway the jokes about being bitter about signing this player etc are very old anyway.

I thought I was posting in the transfer thread. My post isn't looking for a reaction.

I've been here long enough to know how you operate. You have had a go at me a few times for posting about Liverpool in a less than favourable way when you do the very same thing about United on a regular basis. I'll at least admit it.
    As I said... Lack of self awareness.

I've a feeling we gonna see alot of these two

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI4q2yGA_w3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

In terms of outlay vs income, Pogba is probably just as affordable, if not moreso than Mane was for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

MD1990 wrote:
    Complete overreaction & analysis on friendly games where players are way off there best.

Friendly games are completely irrelevant....
    Mourinho had a similar pre-season last year at Chelsea losing every game.

Unless they involve predicting a season of doom for Man United....
    MD1990 wrote:
    You can forget about Liverpool & Klopp making 50m+ signings or paying 200-300k in wages for a player. I have every faith we will be succesful with Klopp's philosophy

You have great faith in Klopps philosophy.....
    Alexis Sanchez is the player I think when we were competing with Arsenal that we should have offered huge wages 220k+ to try & convince him to join us although not sure it would have made a difference.

But would have happily chucked it out the window for Sanchez....

It was rather hilarious when it looked like the Pogba deal wouldn't happen....

But then it was more like...

MD1990 wrote:
    Pogba is currently on about 70k a week at Juventus. He will earn 290k a week at Man Utd. No wonder he is joining Man Utd. Not even Real,Barca or PSG can match that much.

Yes, that's right. We're Man United. Now let us enjoy signing a genuinely world class player for just 2 and a bit Andy Carrolls.

• Well, obviously, because it would bankrupt the club.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

That juventus montage is class it also makes me laugh at the nonsense been talked about elsewhere.

Arsenal fans laughing at us for making signing while they going into a new season talking about coquelin been a stand in defender.

I'd rather the club buy back a player like Pogba then to not sign anyone at all and pay out all the earnings to owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

v3ttel wrote: »
    Friendly games are completely irrelevant....

Unless they involve predicting a season of doom for Man United....

You have great faith in Klopps philosophy.....

But would have happily chucked it out the window for Sanchez....

It was rather hilarious when it looked like the Pogba deal wouldn't happen....

But then it was more like...

Yes, that's right. We're Man United. Now let us enjoy signing a genuinely world class player for just 2 and a bit Andy Carrolls.

giphy.gif

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I've a feeling we gonna see alot of these two

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI4q2yGA_w3/

Jesse looks genuinely delighted he's back.
    Great for moral.

Pogba confirmed and a highly-deserved V3ttl special, what a f*cking day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Well, obviously, because it would bankrupt the club.

Hahahaha brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

For all of the people who are not worried about Pogba, there must 20 pages about him in the transfer thread along with chatter in all the super threads

Not worried, right.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

V3ttel is a man you just don't mess with.

The only poster who can put you down in a post without a comeback.

He is our Zlatan.

£30 million a year for the next 3 years to Juve for Pogba,sure don't Liverpool give that kind of money to Southampton every year anyway??:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

xtal191 wrote: »

mmm, would a billionaire be happy paying a grand for a loaf of bread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement