Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

xtal191 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

mmm, would a billionaire be happy paying a grand for a loaf of bread.

If it was one of the tastiest sliced pans in the world that would only taste even better with age, then yeah. Drop in the ocean.

I'd rather be a billionaire paying a grand for a delicious loaf than a millionaire paying a third of that for some mouldy sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

As a Chelsea fan I am shocked and appalled at your reckless spending to buy the title :p....

As a football fan, its going to be a great season and I fully expect Utd to win or come a close second and I am looking forward to seeing an epic battle with City

Poor MD, skin's gonna be hanging off him for a while with those 3rd degree V3ttl burns.

I've decided, anyone who says today that they wouldn't want Pogba at their club is either pride-lying or in a serious state of denial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

For all of the people who are not worried about Pogba, there must 20 pages about him in the transfer thread along with chatter in all the super threads

Not worried, right.

They're just showing their genuine concern because we overpaid for him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

They're just showing their genuine concern because we overpaid for him ;)

We didn't overpay. Thats what transfer fees are like now and will only get worse. Would you rather John Stones and Sterling for an extra 10M?

Bradz213 wrote: »
    We didn't overpay. Thats what transfer fees are like now and will only get worse. Would you rather John Stones and Sterling for an extra 10M?

I was being sarcastic, as I said in an earlier post, we have the money so spend it. Couldn't care less about transfer fees once we get in the players we want. Stones meh and Sterling has possibly regressed at City though he was overhyped to begin with IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Football isn't a fair sport is it. Suppose what sport is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Well, obviously, because it would bankrupt the club.

tumblr_inline_n7smbowsXk1r7ejbg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I was being sarcastic, as I said in an earlier post, we have the money so spend it. Couldn't care less about transfer fees once we get in the players we want. Stones meh and Sterling has possibly regressed at City though he was overhyped to begin with IMO

Why do you think he has regressed?His stats show hes done better at City than Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why do you think he has regressed?His stats show hes done better at City than Liverpool.

I don't think any City fans think he's been as good as expected or am I wrong? He gets ridiculous stick in the media, not as bad as he was made out but I would say he hasn't performed to the expectations a lot of people would have had around the transfer.

Will he be a starter this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Hahahaha brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »
    £30 million a year for the next 3 years to Juve for Pogba,sure don't Liverpool give that kind of money to Southampton every year anyway??:P

About £95,000,000 since 2014 according to Soccer base.

duffman got there before me, I don't think he lived up to the expectation, he didn't stand out for me much last season whereas at Liverpool I would have noticed when he did something. Could be just 'cos Aguero & De Bruyne took all the attention...but that's for another thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not exactly hard tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ZING. Post of the year material right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Liverpool have across the length of the premier League paid very similar total amounts of transfer fees as United. The big difference is we've bought many less players and had great yts players coming in. We've spent much more on individual players but for me that's just a sign of investing wisely. One great player is worth a lot more than 4 or 5 average ones and probably in the end costs less in total fees including wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »

That has to be bull****

tell me that's bs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »
    That has to be bull****

tell me that's bs

United will be training today so it is odd that Ashley Young is pictured on a train to London??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rap-battle-parody-o.gif

Headshot wrote: »
    That has to be bull****

tell me that's bs

Maybe it was an old fan pic now being touted a being from today. Is there any way of telling when the pic was taken?

Also you would have thought he wouldn't travel on a regular train, would he not have a car to ferry him down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Would that be normal practice for a millionaire footballer to travel by train for Medical? Surely if Palace are trying to attract players they'd lay on a plane?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Arsenal being linked with Johnny Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you make good points, that cant be Young

phew

right lets go back to Pogba day

• Advertisement

• Arsenal being linked with Johnny Evans

I read it on twitter earlier but honestly thought this was a wind-up by Utd fans to Arsenal

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I read it on twitter earlier but honestly thought this was a wind-up by Utd fans to Arsenal

well Arsenal do love crocked players :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,362 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Had a very good season last year. I think he would be a very good squad signing for them - would be a very good squad option now at United over Jones and Rojo. I would doubt, if Arsenal are looking to sign him, they are looking at him being first choice star CB - it would be as a squad player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Amazing, that after years of not being fond of him, I actually can say I would miss Young if he left. Think he is an excellent squad player for us, though probably third choice in every position he plays in now :/ would be sorry to see him go.

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    Amazing, that after years of not being fond of him, I actually can say I would miss Young if he left. Think he is an excellent squad player for us, though probably third choice in every position he plays in now :/ would be sorry to see him go.

He bust his balls for us when Di Maria sat sulking like a baby.
    Shown nothing but 100% effort. Will be missed if he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Sorry didn't read your earlier posts.

He has certainly regressed at City. Not sure what stats you're looking at but he has lower goals, assists and shots stats at City which I consider key stats for his position

• Had a very good season last year. I think he would be a very good squad signing for them - would be a very good squad option now at United over Jones and Rojo. I would doubt, if Arsenal are looking to sign him, they are looking at him being first choice star CB - it would be as a squad player.

Fair point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Arsenal being linked with Johnny Evans

He was linked with a move 2weeks ago, but it's arsenal so he probably won't sign until the last minute of deadline day

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Sorry didn't read your earlier posts.

No worries, sarcasm can be hard to convey over the internet sometimes :)

Our squad is stacked now!! There has to be atleast 1 or 2 departures now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Palace in for benteke. Utd not training until this afternoon. Young will be there

Spanish trio & French trio. This makes me happy :)

0hAtKSB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Three down, two to go! :pac:

Cpaw29GWcAE5cHG.jpg

i'd be surprised if Palace were in for Young - having just signed Townsend, to add to Bolaise and Zaha. I just don't see what improvement Young would really give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

i'd be surprised if Palace were in for Young - having just signed Townsend, to add to Bolaise and Zaha. I just don't see what improvement Young would really give them.

Talks of Everton wanting Bolasie and Palace willing to sell to secure Benteke

• Advertisement

Large private companies invest hundreds of millions into staff, plus research and development annually in an attempt to maintain/gain success in their specific market. Some are able to do it with money generated by the company itself, some do it with money from investors. Like the 50+ million spent on some unknown French kid last Summer, this 100 million spent on the potential 'Ronaldo/Messi' of his position will soon be forgotten about.

Although I do like to get on my high horse, I'm going to have to just stay on my positivity pony for now - That 100m, although a low percentage of the club's turnover, was spent on a player we let go for free a few years ago. Although I don't personally care and actually think his time at Juve is a big part of the player he has become, rivals do still have that stick to use in fairness. Don't care, we got him back which is all that matters.

The stick I do care about is the one used next Sunday evening if we don't beat Bournemouth. Just like there was still some Fergie fairy-dust lingering about the place which helped Moyes get some decent results early on, I fear that there will be still some VanGaal-webs for the players to shake off which could lead to a slow start for Jose's United.

The last 3 years were a ****, it's going to take a little time before I'm not a bit nervy about United playing a competitive match, no matter the opposition. Yep, positivity pony for now but I will be keeping the high horse fed and fit for when we hopefully become a club synonymous with winning again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

So going by that whiteboard pic the first team and second options for the front 6 will presumably be

....Carrick Pogba.....
    Mikki Rooney Martial
    ..........Ibra............

..Morgan Fellaini...
    Lingard Mata Depay
    ......Rashford........

Talks of Everton wanting Bolasie and Palace willing to sell to secure Benteke

I could see it so - though I hope not; I like Young, a very good squad player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

jayo26 wrote: »
    That juventus montage is class it also makes me laugh at the nonsense been talked about elsewhere.

Arsenal fans laughing at us for making signing while they going into a new season talking about coquelin been a stand in defender.

I'd rather the club buy back a player like Pogba then to not sign anyone at all and pay out all the earnings to owners.

They haven't got a clue, tbh most fans don't have a clue on what happened between Pogba and ManUtd. They think club didn't rate him so let him go on free transfer.

So going by that whiteboard pic the first team and second options for the front 6 will presumably be

....Carrick Pogba.....
    Mikki Rooney Martial
    ..........Ibra............

..Morgan Fellaini...
    Lingard Mata Depay
    ......Rashford........

mickey-rooney-2-300.jpg:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Post of the year hands down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

duffman13 wrote: »
    I don't think any City fans think he's been as good as expected or am I wrong? He gets ridiculous stick in the media, not as bad as he was made out but I would say he hasn't performed to the expectations a lot of people would have had around the transfer.

Will he be a starter this season?

Was hoping for better my self but then again the team didnt do well last season.But to think he has regressed is wrong unless I missed something.
    I was reading that his stats goals are assisits where better than any time at Liverpool.
    Will he start I think so but I can see alot of subs of the wingers this season.
    May the best team win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

mickey-rooney-2-300.jpg:D

Fantastic, glolm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Love how Jose had a go at the PL managers who had a go at United for spending a world record fee. He says this is only possible at clubs like Manchester United and when he heard some other managers criticising that, he said he doesn't think these managers will ever have this problem as they will not be managing the top clubs in the world like Manchester United.

Jose says his boss did a tremendous job, and he said he is "so happy".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

RobertKK wrote: »
    Love how Jose had a go at the PL managers who had a go at United for spending a world record fee. He says this is only possible at clubs like Manchester United and when he heard some other managers criticising that, he said he doesn't think these managers will ever have this problem as they will not be managing the top clubs in the world like Manchester United.

Jose says his boss did a tremendous job, and he said he is "so happy".

link?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement