Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Ibrahimovic being a boss

Fellaini being a scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No need for a second account bangkok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thank you for taking the time to make your post.

Great response fair play to ya :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I admit that I don't get to see much Spanish football these days, having got rid of Sky, but I never remember Messi being as petulant or arrogant as Ronaldo on a pitch.

There were times when a Madrid player would score and you could see it in Ronaldo's face that he wanted it for himself, maybe because he was in a better position or on a hat-trick or whatever. Then there's his 'gamesmanship' on the pitch. I never seen that type of thing in Messi.

In what way is Messi as arrogant as Zlatan, for example? We're all well aware of Ibra's quotes and his self-styled legendary status, but have you any examples from Messi?

By the way I'm not trying to catch you out here or anything. I'm genuinely interested in where that criticism of Messi stems from.

Just watch or read up about Messi

And you will see his arrogance

Just because his arrogance isnt all funny quotes like Zlatan doesnt mean its not arrogance

Read up on Martino and you tell me hes worthy of the Barcelona job

As for the spoilt brat way he acted with Enrique last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

syngindub wrote: »
    So he got food poising by eating a Jelly Fish, fainting and damaging his neck !!:pac:

Imagine what damage that would have done to Jonah Jones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

Aaaaand there's why the Boards United threads have such a bad reputation.

XujbQA8.jpg

It's actually an interesting discussion that was going on over on Reddit. Fellaini and Ibrahimovic act very much the same at times but they have very different images. A lot is to do with the media feeding people. A lot of people genuinely don't have opinions of their own anymore - the media tell them Fellaini is a scumbag and Ibrahimovic is a boss so they go with that.

But I can see ye still have yer own little things going on here. Best of luck with those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

If Pogba is worth 100m, I wonder how much Fergie would have been worth if there was a transfer system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pickpocket wrote: »
    The tax-fraud doesn't interest me because it's endemic but the rest of that represents a damning indictment of his personality, and of Barca as well for letting him forget his place within the club.

In fairness I had heard about one incident of spitting before but I didn't realise he flexed his authority to such an extent.

He obviously has (or had) a keen sense of what he's worth to Barcelona. It's a shame they didn't call his bluff. That clip of Enrique is hard to watch. He looks powerless.

I hate that type of thing and it's why players like Ibra concern me (although I'm not suggesting he's ever done anything similar). United have always had big personalities within the club, but it feels like that energy was always dealt with in the correct way. Or maybe Fergie just kept it under control. I dread to think of a United player throwing their weight around the club like that, no matter who or how good they are. Some of the rumours about Rio and Giggs during the Moyes era really pissed me off, notwithstanding the fact that it must have been a horrible period within the team. I think we were spoiled with Ferguson for so long. All of the mutinies seemed to happen at other clubs. I wonder how we'll react as fans if one of our future superstars starts pulling stunts like that? Refusing to substituted, etc. I'd like to think he'd be out on his ear.

Anyway, thanks for that. My little Leo has a few skeletons in his closet.

actually, how could i forget the most recent one.... his "retirement" from the Argentina national team, its actually his way of getting people in the AFA to quit.

If Pogba is worth 100m, I wonder how much Fergie would have been worth if there was a transfer system.

He joined Rangers for 65k :p

Liam O wrote: »
    No need for a second account bangkok.

??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

JakeBell wrote: »

XujbQA8.jpg

It's actually an interesting discussion that was going on over on Reddit. Fellaini and Ibrahimovic act very much the same at times but they have very different images. A lot is to do with the media feeding people. A lot of people genuinely don't have opinions of their own anymore - the media tell them Fellaini is a scumbag and Ibrahimovic is a boss so they go with that.

But I can see ye still have yer own little things going on here. Best of luck with those.

Awwwwh, where do we have a bad rep?

It was just a joke, I'm sure 99% of users will know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

bangkok wrote: »
    ??

I think he was joking as that poster had a video with the description of Fellaini being a scumbag :)

XujbQA8.jpg

Where is this bad reputation? You might want to reign in the hostility there, it was a lighthearted joke about another poster. No need to take it so seriously :rolleyes:

Edit: see Flint's post above

I think he was joking as that poster had a video with the description of Fellaini being a scumbag :)

yep sorry just seen that after i posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

And you know when people form their own opinion that just so happens to co-incide with a "narrative" that doesn't immediately equate to people taking their opinions from newspapers...

I defend Fellaini a lot in his football ability, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he is a toerag. And what ever, doesn't bother me. But this stuff about how its accidents or cause he is taller, is nonsense. He dishes it out, whatever.

Ibrahimovic and Fellaini are absolutely nothing alike by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

XujbQA8.jpg

As has been said, it's a thread Joke. But when your posting clips like that with no actual discussion topic and then making your case after it when people have a laugh at someone elses (not even yours) expense, while you then go slagging off the whole Boards community, maybe you should take some time to actually read the thread before getting agitated towards people that post regularly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/FloraMoussy/status/749955987445059584

Raiola wants to bring Matuidi to United.

https://twitter.com/Jon_LeGossip/status/749962143408201729

PSG's Blaise Matuidi reportedly authorised by #FRA to fly to England earlier today. EPL move imminent?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Matuidi linked with a move to United, another Mino Raiola player.

So are we going for Pogba and Matuidi in midfield???

While I was posting zerks posted similar, great minds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

TheDoc wrote: »
    And you know when people form their own opinion that just so happens to co-incide with a "narrative" that doesn't immediately equate to people taking their opinions from newspapers...

I defend Fellaini a lot in his football ability, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he is a toerag. And what ever, doesn't bother me. But this stuff about how its accidents or cause he is taller, is nonsense. He dishes it out, whatever.

Ibrahimovic and Fellaini are absolutely nothing alike by the way.

I think you're in for a surprise then for next season. When Fellaini makes a rough tackle, everyone, even commentators at this stage call him out for dirty play and elbows flying.

I watched a good bit of PSG last season and I watched Ibra in the Euros and whenever he made a 'rough/dirty' tackle, people praise him for his strength and commitment and go overboard with the memes.

Ibra is just as bad as Fellaini but perception from media has changed this completely. You might not see it now but next season, I think there might be a couple of hypocrites in the match thread when it comes to Ibra/Fellaini

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If we got Matuidi as well, we should erect a statue to Raiola :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think you're in for a surprise then for next season. When Fellaini makes a rough tackle, everyone, even commentators at this stage call him out for dirty play and elbows flying.

I watched a good bit of PSG last season and I watched Ibra in the Euros and whenever he made a 'rough/dirty' tackle, people praise him for his strength and commitment and go overboard with the memes.

Ibra is just as bad as Fellaini but perception from media has changed this completely. You might not see it now but next season, I think there might be a couple of hypocrites in the match thread when it comes to Ibra/Fellaini
    Simply fact is, when you are good at football you get away with a lot.

Look at Cantona. Look at Messi. Look at Ronaldo. Look at Suarez. If they were average footballers doing the same sh1t they'd get absolutely destroyed by the media every week. As it it, people look past a lot of the poor behaviour because they produce on the football pitch.

Fellaini's biggest issue is being an average player. When he had that run of form in LVGs first season, people were more willing to forgive his dirtyness, because he was also dominating the opposition.

chelsea were linked with Matuidi earlier in the year, dont think its a position we need to strengten to be honest

Mata doesn't want to go to Everton.

https://twitter.com/ManUtdMEN/status/749954835236188160

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If it happens, I think Matuidi will be our last signing this summer

Zlatan picked Matuidi.... Maxwell is gonna be heart broken....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was said that Mourinho would see how everyone performs in training before who is out the door.

He knows Mata and I believe United is the team Mata always wanted to play for in England. When United were winning and he was at Chelsea he said he wished Chelsea were more like United.
    Then he got to United and United were not like United...hope he stays and gets a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

chelsea were linked with Matuidi earlier in the year, dont think its a position we need to strengten to be honest

what position are you referring to?

The only position we dont need to strengthen is Goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lord TSC wrote: »

Statues wouldn't be the only thing that's erect around here if this transfer window continues to deliver.

Ps, why isn't Mkhitaryan confirmed by United yet?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Statues wouldn't be the only thing that's erect around here if this transfer window continues to deliver.

Ps, why isn't Mkhitaryan confirmed by United yet?

Contract is still be be agreed last I read, and medical to be done. United won't say anything until it is completely done (pending work permit). Just as they didn't officially announce Ibrahimovic until after everything was sealed (a day after Ibrahimovic announced it)

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

I was excited until I read that he prefers a return to Valencia :( Whatever happens I wish him well, I would much prefer for him to get first team football elsewhere than rot on the bench

If it happens, I think Matuidi will be our last signing this summer

MEN saying he's in Manchester to discuss a transfer.

Are we going to sign that fellas entire stable of players before we get round to Pogba?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »

Hopefully we don't sign him.

Matuidi sounds horrendously underwhelming. Granted I havn't seen him much outside of this Euros of the Champions league, appears vastly underwhelming to me.

Don't see what he would bring that Blind or Schneiderlan arn't capable of doing.

Ugh I hope this isn't another situation where we get linked with every player as part of an agent, and that in a more worrying scenario we don't start to powerbuild, both in the literal sense, and financial sense, of another agent and all his herd.

Considering how much we pay agents as part of deals, we must be the massive tit that all agents want to milk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Anyways this is nothing news. Just Goal reporting it.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/749975359748186112

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    what position are you referring to?

The only position we dont need to strengthen is Goalkeeper.

DM, we def dont need Matuidi

Palace have bid £31.5 million for Benteke,crazy money for a flop at Liverpool,puts our asking prices for players into perspective.If we had him we would probably sell him for £3.5 million.

Palace have bid £31.5 million for Benteke,crazy money for a flop at Liverpool,puts our asking prices for players into perspective.If we had him we would probably sell him for £3.5 million.

Palace seem desperate to spend money this summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Expect Liverpool to say "Done. No takebacks." by 4:30.

What a total nonsense. It would help if Palace maybe responded with "**** it you can keep him" and moved onto other stuff.

The fact money is swamping around the league now is not going to help matters.

For Liverpool to buy an already overpriced player, bench him for large parts, have him lose all credibility in the league, and with his national team, and for his confidence and form to deteriorate, they should be taking a much bigger hit financially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Matuidi would be a quality signing for any team but when it comes down to him and Pogba theres no question about who i'd choose. United definetly lack a strong physical presence in the centre and I dont think Matuidi would give us that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

DM, we def dont need Matuidi

id say he is better than Scneiderlin, Carrick and Schweinsteiger.

Never been overly enamoured with Matuidi. Though he was great on the left against Ireland on the left last week :(. Don't think he would have much on Blind bar the obvious athleticism in the DM role.

Hopefully Daley gets a role this season somewhere in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Matuidi, he's just very meh...no?

• Cotts72 wrote: »
    Matuidi would be a quality signing for any team but when it comes down to him and Pogba theres no question about who i'd choose. United definetly lack a strong physical presence in the centre and I dont think Matuidi would give us that

Pogba isn't going to play DM

It's not either-or we need both IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Cotts72

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pogba isn't going to play DM

It's not either-or we need both IMO

agreed that where i'd put schneiderlin and let pogba play ahead

Cotts72 wrote: »
    agreed that where i'd put schneiderlin and let pogba play ahead

Schneiderlin has shown both at United and Southampton that he isn't the best in the DM role. He's a good box to box player but in terms of being a deep DM he lacks the discipline imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Matuidi would be a good signing. Box to box midfielder who drives forward with the ball - something we have been lacking I think.

We could do better for sure but he would be a good option for our midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Liam O wrote: »
    Never been overly enamoured with Matuidi. Though he was great on the left against Ireland on the left last week :(. Don't think he would have much on Blind bar the obvious athleticism in the DM role.

Hopefully Daley gets a role this season somewhere in the team.

Ah Liam, you can't be saying that anymore. It's racist since like 2 days ago.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement