Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anyone know what Denis Irwin is like in calling out transfers?

Did he get one badly wrong last summer? I can't remember who it was but I feel a strange memory there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I find discussions on jerseys boring :o

Runs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I refuse to believe Juve have to buy Pogba a house out of the transfer fee. I'm just not having it. Nope. No. No. I barely believe Juve paid the full agent whack.

I find discussions on jerseys boring :o

Runs....

MrMac is going to find the amount of PM's he's just received boring I'd say.

I refuse to believe Juve have to buy Pogba a house out of the transfer fee. I'm just not having it. Nope. No. No. I barely believe Juve paid the full agent whack.

Agree on the first part.

What is it with Pogba, there's always a house for his Ma involved in the negotiations. It's like watching that Snatch movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Come on Kew, don't just post cryptic stuff n run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

ManUtd academy players playing in PL.

CpgRcM5VIAEmsy_.jpg

I don't know what Kew is on about but I went looking on twitter and found this. It was posted by a few people but I'm not sure if it's true.

https://twitter.com/MUFC_today/status/760349390070571008

Would be funny if he did say that.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    ManUtd academy players playing in PL.

CpgRcM5VIAEmsy_.jpg

26 less the United players.

Pretty amazing stat for an academy that's not been performing at full tilt for a while.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    26 less the United players.

Pretty amazing stat for an academy that's not been performing at full tilt for a while.

There is a good chance of Brady ending up in PL club.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I'm sure Chevrolet won't mind loosing a letter. No one pronounces the "T" anyways :D:D

Is right, just bang a fada or some accent on that last 'E'. Assuming that the accent would be the same size as the top part of the dropped 'T', Chevrolet would still be be saving a fortune not having to print the bottom half of the 'T' on their logo. Also, there's the extra money to consider, which they would be swimming in once the #chevrOLÉ marketing campaign kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Anyone know what Denis Irwin is like in calling out transfers?

Only one I actually remember him saying was that Utd were trying to get Fabregas back when Moyes was in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Irwin got one or two bang on I think before, then he had a major clanger, I honestly don't pay much attention to anybody when it comes to transfers, cept the club photo guy......I like him.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Michael Keane should also be back in the premiership shortly. Jack Barmby was with Leicester up until v recently.

Trond wrote: »
    Michael Keane should also be back in the premiership shortly. Jack Barmby was with Leicester up until v recently.

Keane is in PL. He is Burnely's CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Keane is in PL. He is Burnely's CB.

:D Oops. I forgot they got promoted.

Leicester have had 3 bids turned down already. Last one was £15m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Found this cool visualization of how the league progressed week by week today online.

https://maheshsenni.github.io/dataviz-epl-table-2015-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Found this cool visualization of how the league progressed week by week today online.

https://maheshsenni.github.io/dataviz-epl-table-2015-2016/

Aston Villa were consistent at least :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is it Sunday yet?

Stupid calendar.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

so am i right in thinking that pogba is classed as homegrown?

• Advertisement

Is it Sunday yet?

Stupid calendar.

:mad:

I have to go to a party in Belfast on Saturday and I'm not going to drink and drive the whole family home that night rather than stay over so I don't miss the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

I don't know what Kew is on about but I went looking on twitter and found this. It was posted by a few people but I'm not sure if it's true.

https://twitter.com/MUFC_today/status/760349390070571008

Would be funny if he did say that.

damn, pogba is colour blind now as well, cos 6 is black on a roulette wheel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have to go to a party in Belfast on Saturday and I'm not going to drink and drive the whole family home that night rather than stay over so I don't miss the game.

I'm going to get roaringly drunk Saturday night and be like a bag of boiled shyte on the sofa on Sunday. My wife is very lucky to have me.

I'm going to get roaringly drunk Saturday night and be like a bag of boiled shyte on the sofa on Sunday. My wife is very lucky to have me.

They're all such lucky ladies to have us. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

sky88 wrote: »
    so am i right in thinking that pogba is classed as homegrown?

No, he was a couple of months short of qualifying when he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba was keen to return to United in 2013.
    Three years ago, while we waited to board the bus back to Stockholm Airport in Sweden after a pre-season friendly, a Manchester United player suggested that Paul Pogba would be keen on the idea of rejoining the Reds.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2016/Aug/Adam-Marshall-blogs-on-new-Manchester-United-signing-Paul-Pogba.aspx?newsid=DB4BD4BE-DE96-436E-9A7B-0DFC5F389442&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

AS in Spain also saying Real Madrid lost out on Pogba.

Will always take stories of Pogba rejecting Madrid for us with a potentially pinch of salt. They never had a bid accepted or, it seems, really got into any talks over a bid - so Pogba never really had the option of accepting or rejecting a move to them. It was Juve or United. This summer at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My wife is working Sunday so I have the house to myself and my mother is taking the child..

Reason my wife is working Sunday is so she can take the Friday off next week to come to the southampton game for our anniversary...

Now she is lucky to have me :)

Will always take stories of Pogba rejecting Madrid for us with a potentially pinch of salt. They never had a bid accepted or, it seems, really got into any talks over a bid - so Pogba never really had the option of accepting or rejecting a move to them. It was Juve or United. This summer at least.

True but how many times have we had to listen to SNUBBED anytime we were wildly linked to a player that signed for someone else.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jun/manchester-united-confirms-new-academy-players-for-2016-17-intake-including-angel-gomes.aspx?newsid=D54B9207-713C-40B1-853C-001B7A1999EA

UNITED CONFIRM TWO ACADEMY SIGNINGS

Manchester United have added to the list of eight new first-year scholars in the club's Academy with two confirmed signings processed in time for the season opener against Derby County on Saturday.

Tahith Chong has completed his move from Feyenoord with the exciting left-winger winning the individual trophy for best attacking player at the Otten Cup last weekend. Another new face is forward Joshua Bohui after the England Under-17 international sealed his switch from Brentford and was also part of the squad that finished runners-up in the Eindhoven tournament.

There is already plenty of experience at Under-18 level within the initial group announced at the start of July as Angel Gomes was regularly involved in Tommy Martin's side last season. The skilful no.10, who has already played in the FA Youth Cup at the age of 15, turns 16 on the last day of August and will be expected to be an influential figure as he looks to add to his three Under-18 Premier League goals so far.

Dynamic midfielder Aidan Barlow and England Under-17 livewire George Tanner also scored for the Under-18s in 2015/16. Jake Barrett and Harry Spratt were blooded too, while their fellow defender Luca Ercolani made the bench after completing his arrival from Forli in his native Italy.

Another defender, Max Dunne, is the only Manchester-born youngster in the group, although Barlow is from nearby Salford. Meanwhile, versatile Republic of Ireland youth captain Lee O'Connor joins from Waterford, where former Reds star John O'Shea was born.

• Advertisement

Not really. If he wanted he could have rejected United and asked for only Madrid move. Madrid have to first deal with player and his agent before making any bid. If they fail at first step then no point going to second.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jun/manchester-united-confirms-new-academy-players-for-2016-17-intake-including-angel-gomes.aspx?newsid=D54B9207-713C-40B1-853C-001B7A1999EA

UNITED CONFIRM TWO ACADEMY SIGNINGS

Manchester United have added to the list of eight new first-year scholars in the club's Academy with two confirmed signings processed in time for the season opener against Derby County on Saturday.

Tahith Chong has completed his move from Feyenoord with the exciting left-winger winning the individual trophy for best attacking player at the Otten Cup last weekend. Another new face is forward Joshua Bohui after the England Under-17 international sealed his switch from Brentford and was also part of the squad that finished runners-up in the Eindhoven tournament.

There is already plenty of experience at Under-18 level within the initial group announced at the start of July as Angel Gomes was regularly involved in Tommy Martin's side last season. The skilful no.10, who has already played in the FA Youth Cup at the age of 15, turns 16 on the last day of August and will be expected to be an influential figure as he looks to add to his three Under-18 Premier League goals so far.

Dynamic midfielder Aidan Barlow and England Under-17 livewire George Tanner also scored for the Under-18s in 2015/16. Jake Barrett and Harry Spratt were blooded too, while their fellow defender Luca Ercolani made the bench after completing his arrival from Forli in his native Italy.

Another defender, Max Dunne, is the only Manchester-born youngster in the group, although Barlow is from nearby Salford. Meanwhile, versatile Republic of Ireland youth captain Lee O'Connor joins from Waterford, where former Reds star John O'Shea was born.
    Is callum gibbon still u-18? Thought he was 16 or 17.cracking talent, surprised not to see him name checked of he is eligible.

Is callum gibbon still u-18? Thought he was 16 or 17.cracking talent, surprised not to see him name checked of he is eligible.

There's a Callum Whelan, 17 year old MF player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nah he is talking about Callum Gribbin, he is 17 atm so still @ U18, he played in the Otten Cup too, remember seeing something on twitter about a cracking goal he scored.

Edit: goal here: http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/The-Academy/Academy-News/2016/Aug/callum-gribbin-scores-wonder-goal-for-manchester-united-under-19s-in-otten-cup.aspx

Callum gribbon, 18 this December (looked him up). Very highly rated attacking talent. Scored a nice goal vs barca at the weekend, as a nice little tangent.

Of course they have no quotes, but MEN are reporting that Januzaj is on the brink of a loan move to Sunderland.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adnan-januzaj-manchester-united-transfer-11729969

He had his most promising spell under Moyes, hopefully he can get his career back on track at Sunderland (both Januzaj and Moyes I guess). If reports are to be believed though, Adnan's attitude needs improving, as well as his football.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

New signing for Utd !

EA Sports is Utd's Official Football Video Games Partner.
    EA SPORTS™ (NASDAQ: EA) has today been confirmed as Manchester United’s (NYSE:MANU) Official Football Video Games Partner.

The three-year global partnership is being celebrated with the release of new, in-game imagery across Manchester United social media channels, helping to promote the forthcoming EA SPORTS FIFA 17 football game.

Manchester United also takes centre stage in EA SPORTS’ promotion of FIFA 17 The Journey, a narrative-driven mode available only on the latest generation of consoles, where players live their Premier League story through Alex Hunter, a young apprentice who gets his shot at the big time. The trailer, which can be seen at easports.com/fifa/manchester-united-official-partner, shows Alex starting his journey at Old Trafford.

Throughout the partnership, EA SPORTS will gain access to United players for a unique FIFA tournament during the season, and gaming pods will be set up in the stadium as well as the Aon Training Complex.

The main focus of United’s work with EA SPORTS will be online, as this partnership will allow fans to gain unique access to Manchester United through FIFA 17. Fans will be able to access exciting content, including interactive experiences, social campaigns, wallpapers and FIFA 17 covers they can download from manutd.com, providing new and innovative ways for supporters to get closer to the Club.

Manchester United Group Managing Director Richard Arnold comments:

"The ability to bring sports fans together is in EA SPORTS’ DNA. By having these innovators on board with our family of global partners, we’re pledging to our 659 million followers that they can look forward to great content and concepts over the coming seasons. That much is evident in the exciting content released today and the trailer for FIFA 17 The Journey, drawing on our unrivalled record of giving youth a chance.

"This announcement will no doubt excite many of our younger fans, and indeed some of our players, who will have grown up with the franchise and other EA SPORTS phenomena."

EA SPORTS Vice President of Marketing Jamie McKinlay added:

"We are very excited to be joining Manchester United as a global partner. It’s a great opportunity for us to create even more authentic experiences for our players and bring fans of one of the most storied clubs in the world closer to the team and its star-studded line-up."

stankratz wrote: »
    Of course they have no quotes, but MEN are reporting that Januzaj is on the brink of a loan move to Sunderland.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adnan-januzaj-manchester-united-transfer-11729969

He had his most promising spell under Moyes, hopefully he can get his career back on track at Sunderland (both Januzaj and Moyes I guess). If reports are to be believed though, Adnan's attitude needs improving, as well as his football.

Good for him. Manager and player knows each other and had a good spell with manager. Also Sunderland don't have good attacking players to keep him out of the side.

He will also have some known faces there. Love and McNair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheTownie wrote: »
    New signing for Utd !

Ed needed the small things out of the way early this Summer so he could concentrate properly on the big stuff :pac:

But he must be walking around the house these mornings just swinging his dick about in fairness

• Advertisement

Some great stories on ssn tonight worth a watch.

20160810_190925.pngprint screen windows

yermandan wrote: »
    **Gentle daily reminder**

Morning lads and lassies,

It's Fantasy league time.

If you wanna plod along without any ambition then join the free league here ​

-> 49231-17540

Alternatively if you want to rise to the challenge in the paid league it is 10 euros
    entry so PM me for my paypal deets and I'll get the code over to ya.

Any more takers for this? we only have 4 so far in the paid league.. easy money for anyone thats even half decent at FF :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

astradave wrote: »
    Any more takers for this? we only have 4 so far in the paid league.. easy money for anyone thats even half decent at FF :pac:

I sent payment today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

EA partner? Generous ratings in Fifa 17 then.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I sent payment today

Dans probably out having a Spicebag and cans with our moolah :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

G'wan sure. If I'm still actively taking part in it by January, that'll be an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

New signing for Utd !

I hope this means a £200 million budget for playing manager in FIFA 17 for United :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

New signing for Utd !

Balls, does this mean United won't be licensed in PES this year?

We had the best of both worlds with United being licensed in both for a good while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

v3ttel wrote: »
    Balls, does this mean United won't be licensed in PES this year?

We had the best of both worlds with United being licensed in both for a good while.

Man Red with Paulo Podba is what it's about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Man Red with Paulo Podba is what it's about

Will the real Rayne Wooney please stand up...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement