Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/763451457530126337

Under different, yet not hard to imagine circumstances, that could be a picture of two Real Madrid players....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pogba looks like someone that would kill ya really easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Lord TSC wrote: »

Under different, yet not hard to imagine circumstances, that could be a picture of two Real Madrid players....

Thank the lord for broken dreams...

and broken fax machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

py2006 wrote: »
    I can't say enough I would take Keane in his prime over any player ever.....

Absolute footballing god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/763451457530126337

Pogba is an absolute giant of a man. Can't wait to see him in the flesh again. Crazy skills as well and a cracking shot.

Last season we had no real quality free kick tacker, now we have loads of them, zlatan and pogba at the front of the queue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Pogba is an absolute giant of a man. Can't wait to see him in the flesh again. Crazy skills as well and a cracking shot.

Last season we had no real quality free kick tacker, now we have loads of them, zlatan and pogba at the front of the queue

Right behind Row z Rooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

We need to sign this guy:

What a great player and what a great period that was for United. My favourite midfield would be the one with Keane, Scholes in the middle and Giggs and Beckham on the wings. Great times and hopefully great times coming ahead. :)

mewe wrote: »
    What a great player and what a great period that was for United. My favourite midfield would be the one with Keane, Scholes in the middle and Giggs and Beckham on the wings. Great times and hopefully great times coming ahead. :)

45 today. i really do pity the younger generation that never got to see him in his prime, an unbelievable player and i was heartbroken when he left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

astradave wrote: »
    45 today. i really do pity the younger generation that never got to see him in his prime, an unbelievable player and i was heartbroken when he left.

He was class. He grabbed games by the balls but that whole team did too. They had savage ability but with a savage will to win aswell.

Greatest midfield quartet ever to play in England and perhaps of all time. Beckham, Giggs, Keane and Scholes. They had everything you would want from a midfield, unbelievable work rate, skill, passing, tackling, goals, crossing, long shots, heading, they had the lot, an absolute privilege to see them all play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I'd love to know what happened to that video. I hope it wasn't destroyed and that some day MUTV will air it. It couldn't have been that bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'd love to know what happened to that video. I hope it wasn't destroyed and that some day MUTV will air it. It couldn't have been that bad!

4a2af17f72f8c850e092ae545074ff56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Roy Keane will always be a legend.

It was so sad when he missed the 1999 CL final through suspension, but United would have not won it as he was the reason they made the final.

Hopefully Pogba can drive the team on the way Keane use to. Both players are/were very ambitious, great drive and determination, and I am sure Pogba will drive the team on and make things happen the way Keane did.
    I hope Mourinho gives Pogba plenty of freedom on the pitch.

I can't remember when I last looked forward to a new season so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Jesse looks about 40 in that pic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

RobertKK wrote: »
    Roy Keane will always be a legend.

It was so sad when he missed the 1999 CL final through suspension, but United would have not won it as he was the reason they made the final.

Hopefully Pogba can drive the team on the way Keane use to. Both players are/were very ambitious, great drive and determination, and I am sure Pogba will drive the team on and make things happen the way Keane did.
    I hope Mourinho gives Pogba plenty of freedom on the pitch.

I can't remember when I last looked forward to a new season so much.

There is no reason why Pogba cant have the same influence on United as both Robson and Keane had. They both joined Utd around the same age as Pogba is now and he is equally as good if not slightly better. He also seems to have the presence and attitude to become a club captain . Fingers crossed it works out.

Also other fans saying the monies paid being mad well its only 5million Euro more than Bales. Was Bale a much better player than what Pogba is now ?? debatable. And id say the record will be broken again when Grizeman moves in the next year or two

Is callum gibbon still u-18? Thought he was 16 or 17.cracking talent, surprised not to see him name checked of he is eligible.

Isn't that a coincidence that the brother shared this on Facebook tonight.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-callum-gribbin-11729076

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pogba is not as good as, or better then Robson or Keane as a midfielder. Do you mean simply at 23?

If so I would say he is not really a similar player to either in that case!

He does not influence games or drive teams the way they did, he tends to drift in and out of games still. Does not get his foot on the ball and dictate tempo, does not have the ability to read the game and run the midfield, still lacks a bit of tactical discipline.

He is a little like Gerrard/Yaya in that he is best suited to playing a free role given license to do what he likes, get on the ball and drive at the opposition.

This is nothing to be worried about, I'd have killed for a Yaya in our team for a long time and it looks like we have one now! He may become a world class midfielder in time, his reading of the game, leadership and ability to dictate play even when he is not sparkling could come with time. He has the potential to be an absolutely superstar and I hope he realizes it at United. I hope people don't go thinking he is going to be the difference between winning the league and not though cause they may be disappointed. Be interested to see how the midfield performs with him, what combinations are tried and to what level of success over the season as I think we are lacking the right type of foil for him at the moment but may be wrong

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ypu almost forget. Was even better for Ireland. The WC in 2002 will go down as one of the best opportunities ever for me. A Keane in his prime was worth 2 or 3 players for any other team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Liam O wrote: »
    Ypu almost forget. Was even better for Ireland. The WC in 2002 will go down as one of the best opportunities ever for me. A Keane in his prime was worth 2 or 3 players for any other team.

I believe to this day we could have made the final with Roy Keane in that team.
    With no Keane we got a draw with Germany who made the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

v3ttel wrote: »
    Balls, does this mean United won't be licensed in PES this year?

We had the best of both worlds with United being licensed in both for a good while.

PES have allowed the players to edit kits,teams etc. and share them online like we used to be able to do.Happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    PES have allowed the players to edit kits,teams etc. and share them online like we used to be able to do.Happy days.

Like the good old days of sensible soccer and teams like flower power and yawn united.

Keane was bang out of order, not only over that but also what he said to querioz, he had to leave and was the right time to let him go unfortunately. I was a massive fan of his but his time was up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Keane was bang out of order, not only over that but also what he said to querioz, he had to leave and was the right time to let him go unfortunately. I was a massive fan of his but his time was up

The time was right alright but Keane has asked numerous times for that video to be shown. I don't believe it was that bad if he's openly asking for it to be aired. Fergie wanted rid and Keane gave him a reason by criticising his team mates.

duffman13 wrote: »
    The time was right alright but Keane has asked numerous times for that video to be shown. I don't believe it was that bad if he's openly asking for it to be aired. Fergie wanted rid and Keane gave him a reason by criticising his team mates.

Just because Keane wanted it shown doesn't mean it wasn't bad. The studio running the program were meant to be in shock by what he was saying as well, it went all the way to board level and after they seen it, they pulled the plug on it.

I was one of his biggest fans but his behaviour was poor final season. Refusing to stay in a resort in Portugal as well with all other team mates and families as it wasn't up to his standard? Bad form

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Like the good old days of sensible soccer and teams like flower power and yawn united.

Sensi on the Amiga with 8 direction 2 button Joystick.. ah bliss... all you had to do was get it to a player on the corner of the box and smash it to the other corner with a bit of swerve.. don't forget to pull back for a hoof..

astradave wrote: »
    Sensi on the Amiga with 8 direction 2 button Joystick.. ah bliss... all you had to do was get it to a player on the corner of the box and smash it to the other corner with a bit of swerve.. don't forget to pull back for a hoof..

I remember the italia 90 game on mega drive we use to leave it run out for a draw just so we could play penalties ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Robson99 wrote: »
    Also other fans saying the monies paid being mad well its only 5million Euro more than Bales. Was Bale a much better player than what Pogba is now ?? debatable. And id say the record will be broken again when Grizeman moves in the next year or two

I don't think the Pogba money is mad in the context of premier league spending.

Ten or twenty years ago, United's highest fee paid was probably around three times that of an average midtable English club.

Given the likes of Palace or West Ham are willing to spend £30m on a player these days, United spending £90m on a player stands to reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

v3ttel wrote: »
    Balls, does this mean United won't be licensed in PES this year?

We had the best of both worlds with United being licensed in both for a good while.

it actually makes me happy, cause im boycotting this years pes since they are being lazy with the pc version again and porting the last gen version instead of the current gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I've been doing a lot of study on the mind recently and Roy shows all the signs of having some unresolved mental issues. Probably strong neurosis/avoidance of issues. His aggression could be described as a projection of an internal struggle. These types of people can be hard to be around. I should know - I am one.

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I remember the italia 90 game on mega drive we use to leave it run out for a draw just so we could play penalties ha.

Would argue this was better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I've been doing a lot of study on the mind recently and Roy shows all the signs of having some unresolved mental issues. Probably strong neurosis/avoidance of issues. His aggression could be described as a projection of an internal struggle. These types of people can be hard to be around. I should know - I am one.

Ahhh shhtop I think you are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Ahhh shhtop I think you are lovely.

tumblr_lxsx4pAafb1qfu4tho1_500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,852 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManUtd?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Mc Nair and Love both joining Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Love and McNair confirmed to Sunderland - not bothered about either going, don't think either will be good enough for United long term. Will be interested to see how McNair develops though. He has shown flashes of potential at times, but horrible inconsistency and I never had much faith in him when I saw his name on the team sheet - not close to the impression I have of Fosu-Mensah or even Tuanzebe, for example.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Would argue this was better

It was indeed hands down. I've the mega drive emulator on the pc these oldies are still good fun with a few mates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was a big fan of Fifa International Soccer - and Fifa 95. Switched over to the Pro series from International Superstar Soccer onwards though. In fact, I got a SNES just to get ISS as you couldn't get it on MegaDrive at the time.

Then had ISS Deluxe - then GoalStorm, ISS Pro, ISS Pro 98, PES etc on PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4.

Oh the horror incarnations of Pes 2008 and next few. Apparently it is back to being the best footie game with last years entry and this years one is supposed to be superb, but I just couldn't get to grips with last years one. Can't work out how to the control the ball quickly or turn quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fifa has been getting steadily worse, especially FIFA 16 whereby Lingards goal in the community shield is the most common type of goal scored.

But I just can't get into pes since 2008. Think I'm done with football games unless one of the demos impresses me

Unearthly wrote: »
    Fifa has been getting steadily worse, especially FIFA 16 whereby Lingards goal in the community shield is the most common type of goal scored.

But I just can't get into pes since 2008. Think I'm done with football games unless one of the demos impresses me

I say that every year and every year fifa gives me tons of hours of playtime I probably wouldn't even have a pc without it.

3 more sleeps to Nissan super Sunday:) :):)
    Tomorrow we have Jose's first proper Friday pre match press conference and some token training shots... my God it's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

3 more sleeps to Nissan super Sunday:):):)
    Tomorrow we have Jose's first proper Friday pre match press conference and some token training shots... my God it's back.

When did it go from Ford Super Sunday to Nissan Super Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Sky did a trade in and that was the best they could get :D

(this season AFAIK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't think the Pogba money is mad in the context of premier league spending.

Ten or twenty years ago, United's highest fee paid was probably around three times that of an average midtable English club.

Given the likes of Palace or West Ham are willing to spend £30m on a player these days, United spending £90m on a player stands to reason

What I find funny is how people put down the signing of Pogba but think City buying Stones was a good deal because he cost 40m less but fail to realise that defenders aren't as costly as midfielders or strikers

You take the list of defenders only and Stones was only a couple of million away from breaking the record of being the world's most expensive defender. A player who isn't a regular for the national team and didn't even get a game at the Euros.

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Yeh was announced for this season so now we have Nissan football shows 4 days a week from Friday night to Monday night woooohoooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sky did a trade in and that was the best they could get :D

(this season AFAIK)

Spat my coffee out reading that
    Yeh was announced for this season so now we have Nissan football shows 4 days a week from Friday night to Monday night woooohoooooo.

Guess it's gonna take a while getting used to, football 4 nights a week, in the words of Daniel Bryan, YES! YES! YES! :D

Cheers Paddy McNair for that superb goal line clearance on either the debut or close to it. What a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Anybody know where to catch the 3pm games for Ireland that Sky bought that Setanta used to show?

Everton vs Spurs is supposed to be the first but didn't see it on the listings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Interesting that it seems McNair has been bought as a CM rather than a CB.

He has good ability on the ball and is more of a RB or CM than CB IMHO. He is totally unsuited to be a CB and looked like a liability most of the time he played there for us (debut aside).

Hopefully he does well for Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Anybody know where to catch the 3pm games for Ireland that Sky bought that Setanta used to show?

Everton vs Spurs is supposed to be the first but didn't see it on the listings

Sky Sports 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Unearthly wrote: »
    Sky Sports 5

Cheers. Figured out I had been signed out of my Sky+ app so was getting UK listings. Showing up now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement