Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

EAbR436.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

King of all the SNES soccer games right there. My friend has it, I got stuck with Super Soccer which was decent but... not as good. :(

Then again that all changed with International Superstar Soccer Pro Extra Words Ultimate Gold Mega Soccer Balls... Deluxe! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Kinda disappointed there is no fletch and sav on this year. I may not like them but at least they talk about football not like that yoke on sky.

It was cancelled? I much preferred it to soccer am last season

zerks wrote: »
    BT are doing their own version of Soccer Saturday from 2.30pm on Saturdays.

Speaking of tv coverage,Virgin Media are adamant that Sky's first 3pm game isn't until the end of August despite Everton v Spurs being advertised as live on SS5 this Saturday.Virgin really are ballsing things up with their sports coverage.

Did you hear about Jeff stellings dig at them last Sat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It was cancelled? I much preferred it to soccer am last season

Yeh because bt don't have Saturday morning games. Yup I hate soccer am and Helen chamberlain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata seems to be going, a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

:(:(:(:(:(

EAbR436.jpg

I see your manchester united and I raise you

Farewell united
    144780_championship_soccer_94_genesis_screenshot.pngimage uploader

And kebab shop
    Bu5tl_Ib_IQAAj4_Oe.jpgimage hosting over 5mb

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This thread better go into a full day of mourning if Mata is sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

EAbR436.jpg

Console Sensi?

The duff names were a warning of what was to come.

(The button which launched a shot with no direction ended any credibility for console playing Sensible Soccer.)

Yeh because bt don't have Saturday morning games. Yup I hate soccer am and Helen chamberlain

I got a good laugh outta this

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/jeff-stelling-takes-not-sly-8576058

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Source?

Wheres that coming from

More incoming possibly ...

I'll keep the plane fuelled up just in case

Jose said 4 key signings and if any of the 23 players leaves they'll be replaced...

I love Jeff and the gang noway will bt come up with something better some of the funniest moments and one liners ever came from that show.

brinty wrote: »
    Wheres that coming from

More incoming possibly ...

I'll keep the plane fuelled up just in case

Jose said 4 key signings and if any of the 23 players leaves they'll be replaced...

I read yesterday that if mata goes we will sign Reus.

I'd rather keep mata we have plenty of central midfielders.

• Advertisement

Don't start the Reus is a CM b*****x again
    Bangkok will be all over it

If Mata goes I suspect he won't be replaced

MagicIRL wrote: »
    This thread better go into a full day of mourning if Mata is sold.

I think it will sort the wheat from the social media chaffs. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Source?

Times have Everton in for him, I find it hard to see it not happening, it'll be the same as Chelsea I imagine ie couldn't turn down the fee for a non starter while keeping the fans happy saying he wanted to keep him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Had an argument with my liverpool friend the other day, Is the general consensus that Paul Scholes was a better player than Xabi Alonso, he said Alonso was better because he could do all what Scholes could do but also was a great tackler which Scholes wasn't. Couldn't really argue with him, would appreciate unbiased opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Korat wrote: »
    Console Sensi?

just a quick google for the image, I was an Atari/Amiga man myself

• Advertisement

Reus is better than Mata, he'd be a super signing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If he is being sold we would want to be getting £30-35 mill for him.

(please dont sell him)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Kinda disappointed there is no fletch and sav on this year. I may not like them but at least they talk about football not like that yoke on sky.
    Fetch and Sav were great. Sure Sav is a tool but he's a likeable tool and they had great guests on. Soccer AM is a joke.
    I see your manchester united and I raise you

I preferred the Computer Errors team. Banana in Disk Drive was a Wing wizard.

If Mata goes, I go. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgdlkKA9I0Q

Mourinhio interview on BT Sport ahead of the season.

Jayop wrote:
    If Mata goes, I go.

Careful now
    Some people might remind you of this
    I'd miss ye if ye left though mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Had an argument with my liverpool friend the other day, Is the general consensus that Paul Scholes was a better player than Xabi Alonso, he said Alonso was better because he could do all what Scholes could do but also was a great tackler which Scholes wasn't. Couldn't really argue with him, would appreciate unbiased opinions

Not sure why you would compare them. Alonso has spent most his career as a DM. Scholes only played deep once he lost his legs. Scholes in his prime would have played alongside Alonso which is a scary thought given both their passing abilities.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mata looking to move (according to the times) makes me sad. :( I wonder though...presumably we'd have to replace him? Would we go for a backup to Rooney (like Mata looked to be) or someone with the idea being he'd replace Rooney within a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

scholes admitted himself his "bad" tackling was more to kick his opponent and show him he wont be kicked off the pitch and isn't a soft touch. i think it was gary neville who said in his autobiography he was always like that because of his small size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mata looking to move (according to the times) makes me sad. :( I wonder though...presumably we'd have to replace him? Would we go for a backup to Rooney (like Mata looked to be) or someone with the idea being he'd replace Rooney within a year or two.

surely it should be someone to take rooneys place :( he cant be our no 10 in the same team as ibra and just plain is not playing well enough to do it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

TheTownie wrote: »
    Not sure why you would compare them. Alonso has spent most his career as a DM. Scholes only played deep once he lost his legs. Scholes in his prime would have played alongside Alonso which is a scary thought given both their passing abilities.

Throw Pirlo or Makelele (spelling) in there with Alonso and Scholes and it would be hard to find a better three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »

Interesting to see where Mkhitaryan and Pogba plays. If Mkhitaryan plays as right winger then we don't need replacement.

The Mata thing seems like lazy journalism putting 2 and 2 together to make whatever will sell a few papers. I'll wait till I hear more on it before panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The whole Mata speculation comes from The Times claiming he will force a move because of the decision to sub him off in the Community Shield, saying he doesn't see a future with United.

Now ever since Mourinho came in papers have been saying Mata would go, due to their history and comments made by both during the aftermath, obviously papers were going to jump on that substitution at the weekend.

Mourinho and Man United have said he has a place and don't want to sell him, so I won't believe any stories of him forcing a move unless something more concrete comes out.

Anything can happen in football but I wont be jumping on the idea that his time here is done like some others until something else comes out.

The first match can't come quick enough, then can focus on football for a bit rather than paper speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

magnumbud wrote: »
    scholes admitted himself his "bad" tackling was more to kick his opponent and show him he wont be kicked off the pitch and isn't a soft touch. i think it was gary neville who said in his autobiography he was always like that because of his small size

They were also cynical tackles to break down a counter attack.

Always felt the 08 CL semi final games against Barca showed he can tackle when disciplined

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Throw Pirlo or Makelele (spelling) in there with Alonso and Scholes and it would be hard to find a better three.

Xavi Keane Zidane, best midfield 3 of the last 30 years

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mourinho said there will be players who will be (forget the words he used) not used and will not be the happiest. But then September and October comes and there will be Europa League and Capital one cup games and more games for everyone.

I would hope Mata stays as he will start games this season, he might not be happy he is not first choice, but we will have one Europa league game in between a Liverpool and Chelsea PL game.
    If I was the manager I would leave my most important players at home to rest to concentrate on the league as we all want to beat City and everyone else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

This was from the BT interview. Answering about Pogba
    Jose wrote:
    In an interview recorded with BT Sport before Pogba's move was confirmed, Mourinho said: "We have Michael Carrick, 34 or 35-year-old-man. Stable, intelligent, to play as one man in front of the defenders, give us all the stability, he knows everything. Tactically very intelligent.

"We have people like Schneiderlin, Herrera, also play as that, they have experience of the Premier League but after that we have Number 10s. Mata we have, we have possibly Rooney, we have Mkhitaryan, we have number 10s.

"We don't [didn't] have what I used to call the second midfield player. The one that is strong enough, is powerful enough, has defensive intensity but at the same time has creativity, has goals, has arrival into finishing areas. He drives the midfield forward.

"We have passers, we don't have runners with the ball. So he's a profile of player we found."

That makes him actually look unsure about Rooney as a 10

Xavi Keane Zidane, best midfield 3 of the last 30 years

Paddy Vieria

We've rose tinted glasses when it comes to Roy folks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Why don't you just say "Who was better, Scholes or Alonso?"
    Or would that be too obvious?

• Advertisement

Paddy Vieria

Keane was better than Viera, rose tinted or not. He's the best MF player to ever play in the premier league.

Paddy Vieria

what age are you, Keane was a better player than Viera. Got the better of him more times than not

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Reus is better than Mata, he'd be a super signing

He's a completely different player (more a winger than anything else), he's permanently crocked and is current out with no sign of a return date. We won't be going anywhere near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Paddy Vieria

Paddy V? Would ya stop

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Keane versus Juventus in 1999, did Viera ever have a game as good as that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

astradave wrote: »
    This was from the BT interview. Answering about Pogba

That makes him actually look unsure about Rooney as a 10

We're all unsure :)

• Advertisement

just a quick google for the image, I was an Atari/Amiga man myself

The original Sensible Soccer had real names and included an alternative league of joke teams, the developers names were included in.

(all of which you could edit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

IMO, Paddy V was a technically superior player, but there can be little doubt over who was the better midfielder and there is simply no comparison when it comes to who was the better captain

RobertKK wrote: »
    Keane versus Juventus in 1999, did Viera ever have a game as good as that?

Nope.

Just to be clear, I'm sure pretty much all of us would regard Viera as having been a magnificent player in his day so it's not like we're disparaging him, just that Keane was the better of the two.

Those Arsenal United games that those two were playing in were just something else though weren't they. I wonder has anyone worked out the who won the most of their head to heads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

So... you came to the United thread!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

I miss the old United v Arsenal games. There's just nothing like it these days. 2 fantastic teams.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement