Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

racso1975 wrote: »
    dfx- wrote: »
    how much taller was the sub coming on?

4 inches. ......ask any woman it makes a huge difference! !!

I asked my wife and she said the same. Also asked if there was a cure for micropenis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wow just wow....
    BTW lads 7cm is less than 3 inches
    1 inch = approx 2.5cm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I haven't been to Scouseragua for a long time, but is it possible that Everton are the realistic Merseyside contenders this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

brinty wrote: »
    Wow just wow....
    BTW lads 7cm is less than 3 inches
    1 inch = approx 2.5cm

2.8 inches.

I'm sure Missus Brinty appreciates the extra .2. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Figurative dick measuring contests are two for a penny on the forum I know but I think that's enough of the literal kind for now guys :o

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Figurative dick measuring contests are two for a penny on the forum I know but I think that's enough of the literal kind for now guys :o

Bah, I'd just drawn an outline and was going to post it. :mad:

Anyway, did anyone else know Smalling was banned for this game because of the red int he FA cup? I forgot completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jayop wrote: »
    Bah, I'd just drawn an outline and was going to post it. :mad:

Anyway, did anyone else know Smalling was banned for this game because of the red int he FA cup? I forgot completely.

Oh yeah forgot that too Jayop at least it wouldn't matter anyway he wouldn't of played eitherway I'd say.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Oh yeah forgot that too Jayop at least it wouldn't matter anyway he wouldn't of played eitherway I'd say.

I'[d love to see him Bailly start together ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mickeroo wrote: »

A poster called "Mickeroo" puts a stop to penis talk.

A quick Google explains why.

*Now how to I explain to Mrs Crinklewood why there was a picture of a Kangaroo penis on the laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

There's no way that was the reason mata was taken off for mkhitarayan, not as if either player was going to be heading balls clear that Leicester were getting into the box.

Mourinho got rid of mata at Chelsea when he was their 2 time player of the year. He clearly doesn't fancy him as a player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jayop wrote: »
    Did he get one badly wrong last summer? I can't remember who it was but I feel a strange memory there somewhere.

I think he did alright actually

A poster called "Mickeroo" puts a stop to penis talk.

A quick Google explains why.

*Now how to I explain to Mrs Crinklewood why there was a picture of a Kangaroo penis on the laptop?

You just keep giving.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    There's no way that was the reason mata was taken off for mkhitarayan, not as if either player was going to be heading balls clear that Leicester were getting into the box.

Mourinho got rid of mata at Chelsea when he was their 2 time player of the year. He clearly doesn't fancy him as a player

So he leaves it till the 2nd min of injury time while defending a 2-1 lead while the opposition have their CB and goalkeeper in our box. It was clearly a tactical and time wasting sub.

If he didn't rate him he wouldn't give him the time of day and then namecheck him as one of our no10's in his BT sport interview.

I think he did alright actually

What did you hear from him anyways?

astradave wrote: »
    What did you hear from him anyways?

Nothing, just few lads on Twitter saying he got Pogba transfer spot on. I just could not remember if he got them spot on or off:pac:

Nothing, just few lads on Twitter saying he got Pogba transfer spot on. I just could not remember if he got them spot on or off:pac:

I'd say he was hearing things around the club anyways.. sure I seen something about a job vacancy for the body double that was posted on twitter a week before the transfer was confirmed.. how no one put 2 and 2 together.. the listing even said that it was work for Manchester United :pac: it seems the transfer had been agreed for a good while but just allowed him to have his holidays

• Fosu-Mensah signs a new contract!
    Great news

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-8612632#FlTUqubC5PITxfR4.97

Duncan Castles on the Januzaj situation.

Mourinho decided to exclude Januzaj from his senior squad because the group he inherited from Louis van Gaal was both unmanageably large in size and of insufficient quality to challenge for the Premier League title.

Januzaj's unconvincing performances in pre-season training led him to conclude “that other players were better at this moment [as Januzaj] is a bit relaxed,” according to a source close to the Portuguese boss.

A further indication of Januzaj's lack of commitment to re-establishing himself as a regular starter for the first time since January 2014 is that the Belgian has made no effort to talk to Mourinho about his status at United.

That's great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nonsense as usual. Don't mean to keep picking up on your posts and dissing them but when you keep posting nonsense it's hard not to.

How hard is it to understand this.

Jose wanted to make a change to run down the clock...
    He had one player left that was miki and he did not want to take off a tall player because they were gonna attack with long balls so he took off mata who is not a defensive header type player.

Jose did not make the sub to help out defensively he made it to waste time. He did not bring miki on because he was better at defending or heading then mata he brought him on purely to run down the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

@jayo26
    Never mind the Mata naysayers
    Some people are making something out of nothing there
    If he took off anyone at that stage he'd have been subbing one sub for another in most cases but this narrative suits other people better ..
    #savethespecialJuan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

How hard is it to understand this.

Jose wanted to make a change to run down the clock...
    He had one player left that was miki and he did not want to take off a tall player because they were gonna attack with long balls so he took off mata who is not a defensive header type player.

Jose did not make the sub to help out defensively he made it to waste time. He did not bring miki on because he was better at defending or heading then mata he brought him on purely to run down the clock.

Why not take off Herrera? Mata and Mourinho will not have the best relationship for obvious reasons. Being taken off after being subbed on is humiliating. He did it to Matic at Chelsea. He knows what he's doing, he knows what the media would make of it, he's not stupid.

It would be making something out of nothing if there were no priors but Jose obviously doesn't fancy Mata. If he doesn't leave he can expect to spend large amounts of time on the bench.

Gun to my head, he won't last until the end of this transfer window. We'll find out soon enough! Interesting situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

jive wrote: »
    Why not take off Herrera? Mata and Mourinho will not have the best relationship for obvious reasons. Being taken off after being subbed on is humiliating. He did it to Matic at Chelsea. He knows what he's doing, he knows what the media would make of it, he's not stupid.

It would be making something out of nothing if there were no priors but Jose obviously doesn't fancy Mata. If he doesn't leave he can expect to spend large amounts of time on the bench.

Gun to my head, he won't last until the end of this transfer window. We'll find out soon enough! Interesting situation.

Miki doesn't play CM?

He did it with Matic at Chelsea, who the papers would have you believe both men are very keen to be reunited at United.

Mata is a valuable member of the squad, irreplaceable? No of course not, but he is not going to be pushed out the door at all. If he wants to leave for guaranteed first team football more power to him, he will need to take a step down to do so.

He can be part of a very good, potentially very successful squad in his prime years, plenty of games to go around.

Papers do not refuse ink.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Miki doesn't play CM?

He did it with Matic at Chelsea, who the papers would have you believe both men are very keen to be reunited at United.

Mata is a valuable member of the squad, irreplaceable? No of course not, but he is not going to be pushed out the door at all. If he wants to leave for guaranteed first team football more power to him, he will need to take a step down to do so.

He can be part of a very good, potentially very successful squad in his prime years, plenty of games to go around.

Papers do not refuse ink.

There's what, 30 seconds left? What difference does it make what position you put him in? Just saying, you have what has to be conceived as a difficult relationship given their history and he subs him on + off; people can gloss over it because they like Mata and don't want to see the bad in Jose but he has a history of doing it and he understands what he's doing. He did it to Joe Cole as well.

Jose doesn't fancy Mata. Mata will end up being sold sooner rather than later, personally (in b4 tinfoil hat accusations) it seems like he was sending a message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see plenty of bad in Jose, I also think people are reading too much into this particular situation as it is such an incredibly easy story to write.

I think of course Jose knew it would garner attention and draw speculation but I don't necessarily agree it means he wants Mata gone.

He said himself he is part of his plans, all signs point to Mata having a place in the squad and seeing plenty of game time, this season. Next season I think he may well get shifted on as the formation develops personally, but this season he is not going to be sold unless someone bids silly money imo.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Jose doesn't fancy Mata. Mata will end up being sold sooner rather than later, personally (in b4 tinfoil hat accusations) it seems like he was sending a message.

If he doesn't fancy Mata, then why would he bring him on at all? Why would he bring him on at 1-1 when he needed a goal?

If Mata was getting the Schweinsteiger treatment, told to train with the reserves and completely cutoff then a message would be getting sent. Mourinho does not do subtle - you don't need to read the entrails of roadkill outside Old Trafford to determine if he values a player or does not. Whats happening is Mourinho is including Mata in his squad and giving Mata minutes. With the way Rooney is playing, I think Mata has every chance of displacing him in the first XI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

You are protecting the lead with a min to go, yeah it makes sense to bring on attacking player for a midfielder :rolleyes:

Mata and Jose talked and laughed when he was subbed out, there are many videos to prove that but somehow papers went on with there is friction because Mata was subbed out. Amazing.

Jose's first league press conference is a matter of hours away :D

100338-oh-my-god-im-so-excited-gif-Ch-z9sN.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I heard José subbed Mata because he was cup tied :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Whats the bets, its a dour game with Utd having majority of possession, no shots except for a few Row Z weak efforts by Rooney and they concede a late goal from a corner!

Happy Friday bitches:p

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Whats the bets, its a dour game with Utd having majority of possession, no shots except for a few Row Z weak efforts by Rooney and they concede a late goal from a corner!

Yeah I'd believe that :D I just remembered José's teams are always soo defensive and you can hear him reversing the bus as we speak...as some rival fans would lead you to believe :p

Don't think I've been this excited for a season to start since RvP signed!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Score 1 more goal then the other team and defend the lead. That how I see our start to the season

It won't be pretty but we need to start off with a couple of 3 pointers on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Leroy42 wrote: »

What's the betting Rooney scores the winner? Or at least finds the net like the last time we played Bournemouth. Maybe if he played the corresponding tie last season we wouldn't have lost it. You never told me which players you are confident will give a dominating 8/10 performance for United this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Score 1 more goal then the other team and defend the lead. That how I see our start to the season

It won't be pretty but we need to start off with a couple of 3 pointers on the board.

Thanks for the analysis Jose :pac:

Although he did say playing well is scoring 1 more goal I don't think he's going to be scoring 1 goal and parking the bus we may as well have kept LVG. People quickly forget how often Fergie parked it and played on the break especially against the other members of the "big 4".

I'll take a fumbling boring 0-1 win on Sunday and be happy out.

• Leroy42 wrote: »

Wouldn't bet against it.
    It was lingering around in the charity shield match.
    At least we have the players to crate a bit of magic which may be needed until the new system is buried into the heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

United's away form last season was quite good. It was at home where things things went pear shaped. Confident enough about Sunday tbh

• Advertisement

Uniteds Adidas ad was released this morning

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/764008534086299648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

1. There was 6 subs allowed for the CS, this changes the entire dynamics of the situation ie. dramatically increases the chances of a sub being subbed (who would have thought?) so comparing it past incidents like Matic isn't very smart, as the context is entirely different.

2. Mata played 30 mins longer than a big money Mourinho signing (who plays in a similar position). If Mata was sent a negative message by Mourinho in that game, he must have sent Mkhitaryan a super negative message?

I don't know if Mata will be there after the transfer window but reading into a substition in a CS game in order to extend ongoing narratives is tabloidesque bullshít at it's finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

The sh*te talk that's going on about the Mata substitution is just daft. It was no big deal and purely tactical, which Mourinho explained.

Should he have taken off one of the taller players? No, for reasons he explained.
    Should he have taken off Herrera? No. He has more defensive responsibilities than Mata.
    Should he have not taken Mata off incase the papers would make a story out of nothing? Of course no.

He made the sensible and responsible decision and it really is just the media making a story out of nothing.

Anyone else of the opinion that Mourinho would of loved to have Rafael at the club still? His use of valencia at the back is strange to me but he seems to be doing well but I think Rafael was here still he would do what Valencia I'd doing but a bit better defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Rafael was average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

astradave wrote: »
    Uniteds Adidas ad was released this morning

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/764008534086299648

ugh that music

This ad is my all time favourite

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3dggn_man-utd-v-arsenal-face-off-promo_sport

This Mata argument and rebuttal has been done here already and is going around in circles. I don't see how people are finding it so hard to believe that José wanted to waste time and use all of his subs for what was, realistically, a glorified warm up.

Many have mentioned that Mata was laughing and joking with José after the sub, he seemed a bit p!ssed off at the time (reports of Mata being restrained is completely OTT)

It's completely the media driving the story of Mata being unhappy, José has said Mata is happy and had explained the substitution after the CS (wasn't asked to justify any other subs)

Mata hasn't come out being all passive aggressive on social media like Valdes after the LVG situation and seems perfectly happy in photos etc (yes I am aware that this also probably means nothing)

The fact remains, nobody knows what talks have gone on between Mata and Mourinho. Mata could be quite happy to get on board with José's ideas and could be happy to be part of the squad if he's getting games.

It seems as though some people here cannot be convinced that Mourinho doesn't rate Mata and wants to sell him ASAP. Not everything reported in the media is gospel but people seem to be just looking to go with the Mourinho hates Mata narrative whenever José so much as looks at Mata the "wrong" way and are waiting to pounce on little things and issues that aren't even there especially if the media are reporting it too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mata went but I am more confident of Mata staying now than I was before Mourinho took over.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Rafael was average.

Of course he was but valencia is average too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Of course he was but valencia is below average :)

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Unless you think that the only reason to sell a player is because you think they're crap and completely useless, there's no reason to assume Mata will be sold. We don't know exactly why Mourinho was happy to let Mata move on several years ago at a different club, so we don't know if those reasons still apply.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement