Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

We don't know exactly why Mourinho was happy to let Mata move on several years ago at a different club, so we don't know if those reasons still apply.

He said it one of the recent interviews that mata wanted to go and he doesn't want players who don't want to be there. there's no big mystery here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

crkball6 wrote: »
    He said it one of the recent interviews that mata wanted to go and he doesn't want players who don't want to be there. there's no big mystery here.

Well of course he wanted to go, otherwise he wouldn't have. But he didn't want to go because he didn't like wearing blue. He wasn't first choice and didn't have a good relationship with the manager; which by extension would stem from Jose not favouring him; which probably wasn't because of his hairstyle, but more likely for footballing reasons that may or may not still apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Down in Waterford for the week and promised my young lad and little girl the white United shirt 6 and 4 years old. Shaws department store 50 each. Lifestyle 75 each �� you robbing bastards

Well of course he wanted to go, otherwise he wouldn't have. But he didn't want to go because he didn't like wearing blue. He wasn't first choice and didn't have a good relationship with the manager; which by extension would stem from Jose not favouring him; which probably wasn't because of his hairstyle, but more likely for footballing reasons that may or may not still apply.

Not of course, he could have been as easily told to go, but he wasn't. He asked to go. If he asked that because he wasn't going to be first choice he should go now. If he wanted to go because he doesn't like Jose, he should go now. If he doesn't have a problem with Jose and has committed to being rotated in and out of the squad then he should stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Not of course, he could have been as easily told to go, but he wasn't. He asked to go. If he asked that because he wasn't going to be first choice he should go now. If he wanted to go because he doesn't like Jose, he should go now. If he doesn't have a problem with Jose and has committed to being rotated in and out of the squad then he should stay.

Can a club force a player to move if he is still under contract? Obviously Mata wanted to go. José has said this and also said Mata wasn't his first choice AT THAT TIME. Apparently he thought Oscar could do a better job.

This is a different club, a different time and a whole different set of circumstances. Nobody knows what José wants to do with Mata now and nobody knows what Mata wants to do himself (for all anybody knows Mata might be happy being a squad player). I would expect if he didn't like Jose he would have already arranged a move. I don't recall Mata every coming out and saying bad things about José after he left Chelsea either.

We can all be happy though that Mourinho views him as a number 10 anyway.

Time will tell, we will know when the transfer window shuts although i suspect the debate rage on until the January transfer window if Mata is still here in September.

Can a club force a player to move if he is still under contract? Obviously Mata wanted to go. José has said this and also said Mata wasn't his first choice AT THAT TIME. Apparently he thought Oscar could do a better job.

Of course a club has never forced a player out still in contract.
    give him a toilet brush, he'll soon be gone
    This is a different club, a different time and a whole different set of circumstances. Nobody knows what José wants to do with Mata now and nobody knows what Mata wants to do himself (for all anybody knows Mata might be happy being a squad player). I would expect if he didn't like Jose he would have already arranged a move. I don't recall Mata every coming out and saying bad things about José after he left Chelsea either.

We can all be happy though that Mourinho views him as a number 10 anyway.

Time will tell, we will know when the transfer window shuts although i suspect the debate rage on until the January transfer window if Mata is still here in September.

no one's arguing otherwise. I'm stating my preference on how it should go if any of those situations are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Of course a club has never forced a player out still in contract.
    give him a toilet brush, he'll soon be gone

So therefore the club couldn't have simply told him to go when he decided to leave Chelsea?
    no one's arguing otherwise. I'm stating my preference on how it should go if any of those situations are true.

That's fair enough but obviously we don't know exactly that is and isn't true at this stage. I would have thought that if he wanted to leave he would have had something arranged by now especially when Mkhitaryan and now Pogba came in. It will be interesting to see what happens. The sooner the transfer window closes the better.

Edit: Also to clarify, it was others before you speculating that Mourinho wants rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

OT but just wondering if anyone has United super thread fantasy football league code.. I wrote it down but misplaced it and can't find it in this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yermandan wrote: »
    **Gentle daily reminder**

Morning lads and lassies,

It's Fantasy league time.

If you wanna plod along without any ambition then join the free league here ​

-> 49231-17540

Alternatively if you want to rise to the challenge in the paid league it is 10 euros
    entry so PM me for my paypal deets and I'll get the code over to ya.

Here ya go

• Advertisement

Prob been posted this morning already but loving this vid

astradave wrote: »
    Here ya go

Thanks a mill.. Couldn't find it all morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jesse talking about Mourinho recently.
    He’s the main coach and the main manager. He takes all the sessions and, while he wants us to work hard, he is always cracking jokes and having banter with the players.

I thought he’d be very strict but, even though he works us hard and his mind is always on the job at all times, he also has a joke with the players.

I think that has helped the lads bond with him.

He has that presence and aura about him, but you can still speak to him about anything and he will always try to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Why is Pogba suspended for Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba is suspended as he was booked twice in Italian cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Pogba wouldn't have played 90mins on Sunday anyway. Be grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would have thought Sunday too soon for Pogba anyway - only started training properly on Tuesday after near a month off.

Januzaj to Sunderland on loan for the season - good move for him and United, imo. A better move than the Dortmund one was, will be very interested to see how it goes for him. With consistent game time (and an attitude change, apparently) he could still be a very good player (and for United, too)

Team for Sunday?

De Gea
    Valencia-Bailly-Blind-Shaw
    Carrick
    Rooney---Fellaini
    Lingard
    Martial
    Ibrahimovic

Mkhitaryan for Lingard is the only change I could see happening to that team. With Pogba unavailable and Schweinsteiger being shunned, there are no other options in midfield, imo.

Does that always happen? First time I've seen it to my recollection.

Still has available on the FF..

Edit: actually now that I think of it, Barton had to serve his suspension in France didn't he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm trying to have realistic expectations for the first couple of months, I think we will struggle to score goals for a while to be honest.

Weaning the players off the philosophy will take time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sunderland AFC (@SunderlandAFC)
    20 mins ago - on Twitter

JANUZAJ CONFIRMED: #SAFC manager David Moyes announces that Adnan Januzaj has arrived on a season-long loan from @ManUtd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ahh fek sake

#pogban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Weird he is banned but then again his debut can now be at home against the Saints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm trying to have realistic expectations for the first couple of months, I think we will struggle to score goals for a while to be honest.

Weaning the players off the philosophy will take time

If things do start bad how long are we allowed to use this one as an excuse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Iirc Mourinho said at the time that he wants the three players behind the CF to cover a lot of ground and get through a lot of work, and that Mata doesn't do that. From watching Jose's teams and Mata, anytime he's played, both of these things are true.

I know the substitution on Sunday doesn't necessarily change anything, but I think it's pretty clear Mata will be well down the pecking order for Jose.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    If things do start bad how long are we allowed to use this one as an excuse :pac:

I don't think it should be an excuse.

While I don't think klopp did particular well with Liverpool last season he did change their style of play in a matter of a week even if it was just running around.

Similar to pardew at palace he changed them overnight nearly.

While I don't expect everything to be roses I don't agree that lvg can be blamed for a slow start with united it will be up to the manager and coaches to make sure it don't effect results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't think I've ever heard of that before, the ban carrying over from one country to another (apart from European bans of course, but that's because it's still the same competition). Hope this isn't similar to 10-odd years back when Rooney got a preseason red for something stupid and the FA (or was it UEFA?) insisted all bans from preseason must stick. Then overturned one for Neil Mellor at Liverpool the next week.

I don't know why that still irritates me so much. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Januzaj to Sunderland is a great move, from both clubs' perspective. He gives them a potential 'live wire', or 'game breaker' or 'buzz word but you know what I mean' attacking player that can be tricky to come by and with a manager that knows how to get the best out of him, while he should have a fair chance of getting a good deal of playing time and regaining his confidence before returning to us next year. And if he fails there, well at least we found out that he probably isn't what he thought he was three years ago without having to suffer on the pitch for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

<EDIT> Saw the official communication now </edit>

To be honest irrelevant either way, as I doubt he would have featured on Sunday.

I'm expecting two CM's in a 4-3-2-1, and the CM's to be two from Schneiderlan, Herrera or Fellaini. I'll be absolutely sick if I see Carrick starting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Really bulked out in terms of his shoulders, head, arms etc. Looks so much more powerful then that gangly kid I used to watch in the youths :)

Can't wait to see him back on the pitch in a United jersey!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Jose on Januzaj loan
    Mourinho on Januzaj: "He's in my plans. That's why he's at a Premier League club."

TheTownie wrote: »
    Jose on Januzaj loan

It got sorer he said if he didn't care about him he would send him to Dortmund.

Said Pogba will be ready by Tuesday so will be ready for Southampton..

The guy really doesn't mince his words..
    Jose wrote:
    We feel that we are a candidate to win the title. We know that others have the same ambitions as us.

“If, at the end of the season, somebody who is champion has been better than us, then great - that is football. In this moment as Manchester United Football Club, we cannot speak differently. We are going to fight for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

#pogbanned

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh fek sake

#pogban
    TheDoctor wrote: »
    #pogbanned

Bit late there zerks.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Iirc Mourinho said at the time that he wants the three players behind the CF to cover a lot of ground and get through a lot of work, and that Mata doesn't do that. From watching Jose's teams and Mata, anytime he's played, both of these things are true.

I know the substitution on Sunday doesn't necessarily change anything, but I think it's pretty clear Mata will be well down the pecking order for Jose.

I don't think I'd agree with that. I feel that Mata, under Van Gaal at least, was covering a lot of ground and doing a lot of running. However, I can't find any stats that either support or refute it. The only thing I could find was that as of January he had covered more distance under LVG than any other United player, but it didn't account for minutes played which is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So any word on weather Mkhitaryan starts at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So any word on weather Mkhitaryan starts at the weekend?

any word?

maybe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Nalz wrote: »
    any word?

maybe :pac:

Yes? No? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Pogba suspended this weekend due to 2 yellows he picked up in the Coppa Italia last year.
    Probably wasn't gonna play anyway, but weird that cards from a cup competition in Italy carry to the English league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I said up to 8 players would leave during this transfer window, how many are we up to now? Must be close to 8 and bastian still has to leave as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

irishchris wrote: »
    Prob been posted this morning already but loving this vid

Is that a clip from the Emirates at 0:20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bangkok wrote: »
    I said up to 8 players would leave during this transfer window, how many are we up to now? Must be close to 8 and bastian still has to leave as well

Get him and Rojo out and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

but weird that cards from a cup competition in Italy carry to the English league

Bloody stupid.

Makes sense if somebody gets a 6 month suspension for biting or headbutting etc but not for a 1 match thing like this.

Ps, now that McNair, Love and Januzaj have gone, does that mean that we should expect replacements as José suggested?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

DrPhilG wrote: »

Ps, now that McNair, Love and Januzaj have gone, does that mean that we should expect replacements as José suggested?

Unlikely. They weren't part of the core squad. Only the likes of Rojo/Blind/Mata would be replaced I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I don't think I'd agree with that. I feel that Mata, under Van Gaal at least, was covering a lot of ground and doing a lot of running. However, I can't find any stats that either support or refute it. The only thing I could find was that as of January he had covered more distance under LVG than any other United player, but it didn't account for minutes played which is useless.

Also distance covered really doesn't work well for telling how hard a player or team worked. Number and intensity of sprints or something like that would be more useful, but they don't seem to be publicly available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Liverpool Man Utd on Monday night 17 October

Pro. F wrote: »
    Also distance covered really doesn't work well for telling how hard a player or team worked. Number and intensity of sprints or something like that would be more useful, but they don't seem to be publicly available.

Agreed, although the source I found also said he had the highest number of sprints for United. Same problem, no mention of minutes. It's here if you're interested, near the end of the article. Shame the likes of Squawka don't have these sorts of stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Badabing wrote: »
    Liverpool Man Utd on Monday night 17 October

Hopefully Neville and Carragher both on that night.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement