Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    I said up to 8 players would leave during this transfer window, how many are we up to now? Must be close to 8 and bastian still has to leave as well

compressed_ezgif_com_optimize_4.gifonline photo storage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Bloody stupid.

Makes sense if somebody gets a 6 month suspension for biting or headbutting etc but not for a 1 match thing like this.

Agreed. Second yellow was in the final of a competition. There is no need for that to even carry over to the next season's coppa italia never mind a league competition in another country. Unless there's a serious misconduct everyone should have a clean slate for the next season.

Agreed. Second yellow was in the final of a competition. There is no need for that to even carry over to the next season's coppa italia never mind a league competition in another country. Unless there's a serious misconduct everyone should have a clean slate for the next season.

I think it's to do with the Italian fa if they send on the suspension report to the English fa. Was it something similar the time rooney got the red card in the pre season competition years ago it was down to the Dutch fa at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think it's to do with the Italian fa if they send on the suspension report to the English fa. Was it something similar the time rooney got the red card in the pre season competition years ago it was down to the Dutch fa at that time.

So they did it out of spite then, they hate the fact that Italy lost pogba :D

Hococop wrote: »
    So they did it out of spite then, they hate the fact that Italy lost pogba :D

Haha could be. I'm just guessing I thought something similar happened before and Im nearly sure the rooney thing was closely similar to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jose said with Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Memphis in the squad, Januzaj would not have got much playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

From the pictures at training today Mata doesn't strike be as being the embarrassed player who is trying to force a move that the papers and some people are pushing.

rYkjZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Haha could be. I'm just guessing I thought something similar happened before and Im nearly sure the rooney thing was closely similar to it.

I think i remember that, and IIRC there was murder over that cause the FA let a pool player off in the same circumstances a week or so later.

Happiness doesn't sell papers. He looked happy enough

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jose said with Martial, Mkhitaryan, Mata, Memphis in the squad, Januzaj would not have got much playing time.

Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Adamocovic wrote: »

Was just gonna ask if this had been posted.

astradave wrote: »
    I think remember that, and IIRC there was murder over that cause the FA let a pool player off in the same circumstances a week or so later.

Yeh I think it was because rooney clapped his hands at ref they took exception nearly sure that was the same one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

From the pictures at training today Mata doesn't strike be as being the embarrassed player who is trying to force a move that the papers and some people are pushing.

rYkjZ.jpg

Big Dave's all "hands off my man" :D

I remember when Mata was at Chelsea, he said he wished Chelsea played more like United. We were doing well then obviously under Fergie.
    I simply think he asked to leave Chelsea as United is where he wanted to be, and he could have stayed at Chelsea.
    Jose is not stupid, why keep a player who wanted to leave, and I think Jose had a tunnel vision when it came to United, as in never say or do anything about United that would become a problem as this is the job he wanted for years and years.
    Selling Mata to United, a club you want to stay friendly with. I think the deal suited everyone and for different reasons. Mata and Jose had the same aims - gets jobs at United.

I remember when Mata was at Chelsea, he said he wished Chelsea played more like United. We were doing well then obviously under Fergie.
    I simply think he asked to leave Chelsea as United is where he wanted to be, and he could have stayed at Chelsea.
    Jose is not stupid, why keep a player who wanted to leave, and I think Jose had a tunnel vision when it came to United, as in never say or do anything about United that would become a problem as this is the job he wanted for years and years.
    Selling Mata to United, a club you want to stay friendly with. I think the deal suited everyone and for different reasons. Mata and Jose had the same aims - gets jobs at United.

Not in relation to this post RobertKK but I hope your dad had a great 90th Birthday :)

Not in relation to this post RobertKK but I hope your dad had a great 90th Birthday :)

Thank you Cookie_Dough, he ended up with two parties, one on the Saturday with extended family, another on Tuesday. It was very nice, he said he is feeling great so hopefully that continues.
    He watched the Supercup on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

United v liverpool switched to monday night on oct 17th on sky
    Nice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

rYkjZ.jpg

Headline: De Gea has to restrain furious Mata as Rojo mocks his beard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

kayevajo wrote: »
    Nice!

Makes it a pain in the arse for anyone that's planning on heading over though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

You don't think it had anything to do with Jose not playing him and the explanations for that that Jose gave to the press?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Headline: De Gea has to restrain furious Mata as Rojo mocks his beard.

He is definitely mocking his height tbf, telling him he is the perfect size to perform a certain act on him imo, without even needing to bend though I do have a somewhat warped mind perhaps

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He is definitely mocking his height tbf, telling him he is the perfect size to perform a certain act on him imo, without even needing to bend though I do have a somewhat warped mind perhaps

What, tying his shoelaces? :D

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

kayevajo wrote: »
    Nice!

I was hoping it would be the Sunday, I will be in O'Hare airport waiting five hours for a connecting flight when it is on.
    The match would be starting 3 hours before my flight.

I was sure it would be Sunday given the Europe League game on the Thursday.
    That is a busy week as we then have Chelsea the following weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Yeh I think it was because rooney clapped his hands at ref they took exception nearly sure that was the same one.
    astradave wrote: »
    I think i remember that, and IIRC there was murder over that cause the FA let a pool player off in the same circumstances a week or so later.
    Yep, was Neil Mellor. And the reasoning for holding onto Rooney's if I recall completely and utterly contradicted the reason for rescinding Mellor's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You don't actually believe all this do you? If Jose wanted Mata at Chelsea he'd still be a Chelsea player. He wanted to leave because Jose couldn't guarantee him a first team spot. If Mata was in Jose's plans and United put in a bid it would have been rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Gonna wish your old lad a happy birthday too, meant to the other day when you posted it! Mad to think he was around when Joe Spence were still playing for us, and almost Billy Meredith too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meredith
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Spence_(footballer,_born_1898)

Pro. F wrote: »
    You don't think it had anything to do with Jose not playing him and the explanations for that that Jose gave to the press?

We know Mata wanted to leave, we do not know how long United were trying to sign Mata or in touch with his people.
    We don't know what Jose knew, but if he knew Mata was going to leave, it would have led to Mata getting less playing anyway.

I don't think Mata was done as a panic buy, it was a planned buy in my opinion.

Mata was also sold after the Chelsea game.
    Jose in 2014:
    "With these assets or players who are not fundamental for me, it's where you - meaning, my club - have to do the best possible job for me. Is this easy to say when you are talking about very good players? It's not easy."For example, Mata to Man Utd. We are losing a very good player to a direct opponent. Would this have happened 10 years ago? Maybe not.
    "But in the modern football and the new economic reality [for Chelsea], if Man Utd pays you an important amount of money he has to go.
    "It is my club's vision. It's my boss, Mr Abramovich, the board. And I share it.
    "I'm not the sort of manager that says - no, not to Man Utd. Sell Mata to Juventus or Barcelona but not Man Utd.
    "Chelsea cannot have 20 replicas. I cannot have Fabregas and another Fabregas getting the same salary. If he can't play I can adapt and put Oscar, say, here."

I think a mountain is made out of a molehill in regards to Mata and Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Lads,

So sorry about the delay in getting back about the FF I was away until today and have responded to all PMs.

There's 18 hours to get involved lads and lassies and the more the merrier. Send me a PM and I'll forward you my paypal for the 10 euro entry.

Yerr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Have we lost anyone of any significance from the squad yet? I don't think so.

Schweinsteiger will be the first if and when he goes.

Johner wrote: »
    You don't actually believe all this do you? If Jose wanted Mata at Chelsea he'd still be a Chelsea player. He wanted to leave because Jose couldn't guarantee him a first team spot. If Mata was in Jose's plans and United put in a bid it would have been rejected.

Mata wanted to become a United player. I do not believe January came around and United decided to buy then, I think it had gone on for months before that and Jose was phasing him out.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Gonna wish your old lad a happy birthday too, meant to the other day when you posted it! Mad to think he was around when Joe Spence were still playing for us, and almost Billy Meredith too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meredith
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Spence_(footballer,_born_1898)

Thank Billy, he has been around for a lot and has seen a lot of historical events unfold. I am 50 years younger than him, and my grandfather on his side was born 146 years ago which was before United existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

adox wrote: »

Schweinsteiger will be the first if and when he goes.

Sold
    McNair
    Powell
    Valdes

Loan
    Varela
    Januzaj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jayop wrote: »
    Sold
    McNair
    Powell
    Valdes

Loan
    Varela
    Januzaj

Cheers, so at a stretch Varela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

<mods feel free to delete if inappropriate>

Lads I'm thinking of buying a Dream box, im not looking for recommendations of sellers or anything, just wondering do any of you have one installed and if so, would you recommend?

• Awww no pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Lads I'm thinking of buying a Dream box, im not looking for recommendations of sellers or anything, just wondering do any of you have one installed and if so, would you recommend?

Not sure how off topic we can get here but is the plan to use it for IPTV or actual Satellite TV?
    I tend to use my android box more than my multisat setup. In fact I haven't even bothered to sort out my VU box in a while. So that probably suggests my preference.
    TBH with most of this stuff you kind of get what you pay for. So don't expect anything to be guaranteed, stable etc. unless you pay someone.
    This season I might look more at Premierleaguepass plus a decent VPN. I have Sky, BT etc. but just for those few extra games that aren't on and I don't want to be annoyed trying to stream for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

s.welstead wrote: »
    Not sure how off topic we can get here but is the plan to use it for IPTV or actual Satellite TV?
    I tend to use my android box more than my multisat setup. In fact I haven't even bothered to sort out my VU box in a while. So that probably suggests my preference.
    TBH with most of this stuff you kind of get what you pay for. So don't expect anything to be guaranteed, stable etc. unless you pay someone.
    This season I might look more at Premierleaguepass plus a decent VPN. I have Sky, BT etc. but just for those few extra games that aren't on and I don't want to be annoyed trying to stream for free.

Not going to give many details as I don't want to break forum rules but the one I'm looking at is guaranteed and there is an annual sub payable.

It would connect to an existing Sky dish and use the WiFi.

I have an openbox (skybox f5s) and would recommend a good satellite box to anyone if they got a good reliable server.have been watching the Olympics on the BBC red button channel's on it as the BBC1 coverage is so biased.

I also use Kodi with a custom build on my phone and Laptop and I use that alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

s.welstead wrote: »

You might have a bit of trouble there as premier league pass lost out on rights from this season so don't exist any more.. Was an excellent package last season though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adox wrote:

Nick Powell
    So good Van Gaal thought he'd keep us in the champions league????

brinty wrote: »
    Nick Powell
    So good Van Gaal thought he'd keep us in the champions league????

I'll admit that a few years ago I expected big things from him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

rYkjZ.jpg

In fairness, he's at training messing around with the lads, just because he is laughing doesn't mean he's not happy. Sure sweignsteiger posted a picture of himself yesterday saying he was happy in Manchester and he's not even in the first team squad!!

Not going to give many details as I don't want to break forum rules but the one I'm looking at is guaranteed and there is an annual sub payable.

It would connect to an existing Sky dish and use the WiFi.
    Ok so it wont be in HD then, if that's not an issue you should be fine if going with someone well known.

irishchris wrote: »
    You might have a bit of trouble there as premier league pass lost out on rights from this season so don't exist any more.. Was an excellent package last season though

Balls, I hadn't looked into yet as all Utd games are scheduled for tv for the first month or so. Will give it a few weeks to see what gets recommended after that.

In fairness, he's at training messing around with the lads, just because he is laughing doesn't mean he's not happy. Sure sweignsteiger posted a picture of himself yesterday saying he was happy in Manchester and he's not even in the first team squad!!

Mata is happy mata is God ok stfu :)

Bastians post said he was enjoying his day in Manchester and not that he is happy in Manchester two different things, also I think the keyword in the tweet was workout I'd say he tweeted it to make a point of not been able train with 1st team and all he was doing was workingout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'm watching the season review on Mutv for last season and Van Gaal is annoying me. I wished he was the man for us and he had some classic moments but his attitude toward anyone questioning his awful style of play and bad reaults was terrible.
    Mourinho for now is a breath of fresh air. I just hope Jose doesn't go down the route of criticising referees as I really hate that about him. Its tinfoil hat stuff.

Hope we somehow murder Bournemouth and get a good winning start to the season.

So what your really saying is that Jose is damned if Mata looks happy and damned if Mata looks angry/sad?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I'm watching the season review on Mutv for last season and Van Gaal is annoying me. I wished he was the man for us and he had some classic moments but his attitude toward anyone questioning his awful style of play and bad reaults was terrible.
    Mourinho for now is a breath of fresh air. I just hope Jose doesn't go down the route of criticising referees as I really hate that about him. Its tinfoil hat stuff.

Hope we somehow murder Bournemouth and get a good winning start to the season.

I really don't think that is going to stop it's a crucial part of his management style. It creates the US against the world attitude and takes focus and pressure off the players.

I don't care much what he says just let him off as long as we have no controversial moments anything else to do with refs and managers will just wind up rival fans and that be fun.

• Advertisement

My point stands that even if he is thinking about a move I doubt he is this embarrassed, angry player who is so unhappy that he is apparently trying to force himself out of the club despite them wanting him to stay, like most papers have painted it.

I don't see how you can compare a photo of Mata laughing with his teammates, taken by a photographer at the training ground, to a photo Bastian posted on his twitter of him on his own outside a pharmacy saying he was enjoying his day.

Kind of related but I'm really enjoying the photos from training since Mourinho has come in. Lingards comments about him not being as strict as they expected and joining in with the banter was nice to see.

XKGVU.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement