Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ah Liam, you can't be saying that anymore. It's racist since like 2 days ago.

"Ah Eamon, you can't be saying that!"
    RIP Bill.

Really missed him at these Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Mkhitaryan doing his medical as we speak, according to Di Marzio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Some serious underrating of Matuidi going on here IMO. I think he's a brilliant player and would be a huge upgrade on our current midfielders. The type of player Mourinho likes in his teams too (think Essien/Khedira). Would be surprised if there was anything in the rumours though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Blatter wrote: »
    Some serious underrating of Matuidi going on here IMO. I think he's a brilliant player and would be a huge upgrade on our current midfielders. The type of player Mourinho likes in his teams too (think Essien/Khedira). Would be surprised if there was anything in the rumours though.

Van Gaal was totally unable to get any sort of form from Hererra or Schneiderlan, both of him have shown historically they can play much better then they were.

I keep saying its important to remember this, that our players, en mass, totally under performed in the Van Gaal era.

I don't think there is much better out there, outside of 60m+ players, that would be better for us then Southampton level Schneiderlan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MagicIRL wrote: »
    "Ah Eamon, you can't be saying that!"
    RIP Bill.

Really missed him at these Euros.

Oki doke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also RE Micky Ryan, United photographer seems to have reigns to confirm incoming medicals, so would question if a medical is actually happening as we speak.

I think it's some operation to keep a medical underwraps imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smalling busted up...

https://i.redd.it/j3xs2sjan87x.jpg

That'll leave a scar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He must have hopped himself off something when he feinted. I wouldn't be completely surprised if the food poisoning story was just a cover!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Are we going to sign that fellas entire stable of players before we get round to Pogba?

Buy 4, get the 5th free. I see what we're at :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Chris, he really did a job on his forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Really looking forward to Jose' first press conference tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ElChe32 wrote: »

Nice one.

ElChe32 wrote: »

11 on sky. I'm sure mutv will have it too but they haven't changed there TV schedule as of yet for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jose Mourinho unveiling: Get set for the man who can banish the ghosts of Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Portuguese will bring drama, waste, gambles - and trophies to Old Trafford

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-unveiling-get-set-for-the-man-who-can-banish-the-ghosts-of-sir-alex-ferguson-at-a7119366.html

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    11 on sky. I'm sure mutv will have it too but they haven't changed there TV schedule as of yet for it.

Coverage on MUTV from 10:30am.

Stuart Gardner says United were quick to quell rumours of what happened to Chris Smalling and the club has confirmed it was fainting from food poisoning.
    Paddy Crerand laughed his head off saying no United fan will believe that story.
    Stuart says that is the official line.

MUTV will have an exclusive with Mourinho at 6.30pm tomorrow.

A caller on MUTV complaining about the devil on the United badge and how it is a bad image :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RobertKK wrote: »
    A caller on MUTV complaining about the devil on the United badge and how it is a bad image :pac:

iWKad22.jpg?fb

• Advertisement

The Pat Crerand show tonight is like a funny version of Liveline today.

Caller complaining about Jose Mourinho being manager, says his son supports United and he the father supports Chelsea, and United is his 2nd team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

J. Marston wrote: »
    Smalling busted up...

That'll leave a scar.

That must have been a fairly dodgy curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

That must have been a fairly dodgy curry.

It's DRINK I tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

J. Marston wrote: »
    Smalling busted up...

That'll leave a scar.

Phil Jones was spotted leaving Bali this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

bangkok wrote: »
    Phil Jones was spotted leaving Bali this morning....

It's a wonder you didn't blame Fellaini's elbows...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Must be weird for the long time staffers to see Giggs leave. 29 years!

Good to see SAF come out in support of him moving on (publicly anyway) and in support of Jose sticking with his assistant.

The Guardian are saying Real Madrid lead the race for Pogba but Pogba will join United if a deal with Real Madrid is impossible.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/manchester-united-paul-pogba-real-madrid-juventus-france?CMP=share_btn_tw

Mourinho want United to meet the player's demand for €300,000 a week.
    The starting price for Pogba is at €100 million, and then it goes up as United and Real Madrid get into a bidding war.

https://twitter.com/JamieJackson___/status/750060597350391809

Threw small bet on Pogba to Madrid at 5/2

Haha snap

25roy6r.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Win win situation for you unless of course he stays at juventus

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Win win situation for you unless of course he stays at juventus

That's sure thing now haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So we require one more first team player for MF.

Parking the futile Pogba chatter, who would you guys like to see signed?

I think Kroos is probably a realistic target, only if he shows real signs of wanting to join us of course, no use signing someone that doesn't genuinely want to join us.

Its funny, I actually have confidence in us signing players like him.

Over the last number of years, even in the last couple of Fergies tenure when we were linked with a big player most of the time I didn't believe it could happen, not anymore.

I love the fact that I still get a bit giddy when I remember Jose is our manager now.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    There aren't a lot of footballers like Juan Mata. I'm glad we have him but would wish him well if he were to move on.

Bravo, Mikeyt086! This is possibly the best post I've ever seen on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Over the last number of years, even in the last couple of Fergies tenure when we were linked with a big player most of the time I didn't believe it could happen, not anymore.

I love the fact that I still get a bit giddy when I remember Jose is our manager now.

:D

I know what you mean, i feel the same myself. Feel a bit like the sherminator out of American Pie- confidence is high, i repeat, confidence is high!

Telegraph say United have a clear run for Pogba as Real Madrid will not go above £60 million. The choice for Pogba is Juventus or United.

https://twitter.com/jburttelegraph/status/750089325359005696
    https://twitter.com/jburttelegraph/status/750089505852588033

There are claims that Mata intends to stay at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Giving a 23 year old 250k a week and needing to persuade him to join doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

If Pogba thinks he is bigger than the club then leave him at Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So we require one more first team player for MF.

Parking the futile Pogba chatter, who would you guys like to see signed?
    Kanté was the best midfielder in the league last season, I don't think the man is capable of standing still, he would be my first choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Giving a 23 year old 250k a week and needing to persuade him to join doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

His 1st choice is real Madrid because he wants to play there

His second choice Man Utd because we need him to play for us.

This to me is DiMaria version 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It is a bit sickening that Pogba was a United player and we now face paying €100million for him. Its mad to think what could have been if he stayed. Would he even be as good as he is now.

Paying big money for him now is in no way an embarrassment but its got to sicken the accountants at United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

On a related train of thought.

Pogbas attitude was clearly questionable first time round.

I would not sign for the ridiculous figures touted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GSPfan wrote: »
    It is a bit sickening that Pogba was a United player and we now face paying €100million for him. Its mad to think what could have been if he stayed. Would he even be as good as he is now.

Paying big money for him now is in no way an embarrassment but its got to sicken the accountants at United.

He is not worth that money at all. If he had stayed I would guess he would have been sold or turned into another Januzaj etc probably not fulfilling potential until they leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

ericzeking wrote: »
    On a related train of thought.

Pogbas attitude was clearly questionable first time round.

I would not sign for the ridiculous figures touted

I would pay that if the player of that quality actually expressed his only interest was playing for us and it was his club holding him back.

I dont see the logic in " Fuck you, We paid €100m for you, Youre going to love us now"

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Is Kante not a better option for us. The money touted for Pogba is digraceful, anything over 65m for him is extortion but i suppose this is the market we live in. How much would turn Leicesters eyes for Kante? 30m?

I somehow get the sense Madrid will be a little stingy and go for Kante and open the door for a big Pogba bid from us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is Kante not a better option for us. The money touted for Pogba is digraceful, anything over 65m for him is extortion but i suppose this is the market we live in. How much would turn Leicesters eyes for Kante? 30m?

I somehow get the sense Madrid will be a little stingy and go for Kante and open the door for a big Pogba bid from us.

Kante, by most reports, is on his way to Real. Zidanne apparently a big fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Lord TSC wrote: »

Kante, by most reports, is on his way to Real. Zidanne apparently a big fan.

Give me Kante any day of the week ahead of Pogba. Good call Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Loving having Mourinhio on board already.

Buying functional players who will fit the needs of the team rather than the carry on of the last 3 summers of chasing and failing to buy super stars.

Too many summers spent chasing Ronaldo, Ramos, Vidal et al - starting to take shape now chasing good and in many cases low key - Ibra excepted - players.

Think we've got another 3 signings in us before the season starts and maybe one more before the window closes. Don't think one of them will be Pogba - actually doubt this one is serious, reckon its being done to spook Madrid but if they buy Kante (who we should have already secured)......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Kante and Pogba are two completely different players so I dont see the case for one or the other. In fact in an ideal world they would make a really good midfield two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What time is the press conference and is it just live on mutv or will sky sports news showing it live as well?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement