Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    We'll we all know it as the council house no matter what fancy name they have on it

It's a bloody nice council house infairness to the owners they have done a fine job on the extension and youth academy.

Reminds me of my uncle he lives in a five bedroom house but he has only 1 child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Anyway that Chong lad with the mad hair looks pretty good too glad to see him signed up.

Is that ching chong the chinaman
    We've a lot of lovely haired men in the squad
    Mata and his flowy locks
    Dailly and his man bun
    Phil and his frosted tips
    Zlatan and his ponytail
    Fellaini and his Afro
    Jose the ol silver fox

jayo26 wrote:
    It's a bloody nice council house infairness to the owners they have done a fine job on the extension and youth academy.

Reminds me of my uncle he lives in a five bedroom house but he has only 1 child.

Tax payers money mate
    It's a municipal stadium

And I can top your uncle
    Four bed no kids

Tax payers money mate
    It's a municipal stadium

And I can top your uncle
    Four bed no kids

The tax payers didn't pay for the extension surely? I thought the owners actually bought it from the Manchester council or whoever owned it.

Eitherway ya have to give the owners credit for the job they have done around it with the academy set up and what not its nice and shiny.

jayo26 wrote:
    The tax payers didn't pay for the extension surely? I thought the owners actually bought it from the Manchester council or whoever owned it.

Dunno TBH
    Think it's long-term lease like Guinness??
    Think Citeh bought lands around at discounted prices to regenerate the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads how does the 3pm games work on sky now?

Is there going to be a dedicated channel and will we have the choice of any 3pm game to watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

That's increible really. Even calling their stadium after an airline tickets still not able to fly off the shelf:pac:
    It holds what not even 50k.

not that incredible really, its sunderland at the end of the day and city have a small fan base.

They couldnt even sell out their stadium for Real Madrid or Barcelona in the champions league!!

Headshot wrote: »

Is there going to be a dedicated channel and will we have the choice of any 3pm game to watch?

It's sky sports 5 pal and no it will be same as what setanta had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Headshot wrote: »

SS5 is showing the Everton v Spurs game tomorrow @ 3pm.It will be the same as what Setanta used to have,one 3pm game every Saturday.

Late again zerks :):):)

• Advertisement

Jose Fonte:

“If the interest is there, it is a reason to be flattered to be associated with a club like Manchester United,” Fonte told Portuguese outlet Mais Futebol. “But I have a contract with Southampton, and I’m just focused on my work, to make a great season. I will not deny that Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and that it makes me happy to be associated with it. But to be Manchester United’s player is a big difference.”

jayo26 wrote: »
    Late again zerks :):):)

I got the teams;)

BenK wrote: »
    Match predictions for Sunday?

2-1 United. Mata to score only to be then subbed off with Bournemouth subsequently equalising and then in a strange twist subbed back on for Mkhitaryan to score the winner...

3-0

goals from smalling. pogba and januzzi...

speaking of which my local bookmaker just gave me a 100 free bet on the anytime goalscorer market. the silly man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

3-0

goals from smalling. pogba and januzzi...

speaking of which my local bookmaker just gave me a 100 free bet on the anytime goalscorer market. the silly man...

And if you have put it on any one of them three he'll have nothing to worry about especially Pogba as he's suspended for first game of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

And if you have put it on any one of them three he'll have nothing to worry about especially Pogba as he's suspended for first game of the season.

Wooooooosh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

e37.png

We'll let you off :P it's late enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Adamocovic wrote: »
    e37.png

We'll let you off :P it's late enough

After I posted it thought this fecker is being sarcastic and who gives free bets like that but was just too lazy to delete it haha.

Yes it is late and only finished a 13hour shift a couple of hours ago and just wanna get home to bed haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zerks wrote: »
    Jose Fonte:

“If the interest is there, it is a reason to be flattered to be associated with a club like Manchester United,” Fonte told Portuguese outlet Mais Futebol. “But I have a contract with Southampton, and I’m just focused on my work, to make a great season. I will not deny that Manchester United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and that it makes me happy to be associated with it. But to be Manchester United’s player is a big difference.”

Where you get that from dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

In my day we used to just chat to girls in a normal way

Full up on beer, with spirits spilled down your shirt 5 minutes before the lights come on in the "disco"?

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »

ESPN took it from the original interview with the Portuguese outlet Mais Futebol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ESPN took it from the original interview with the Portuguese outlet Mais Futebol.

Cheers man.

Just to stoke the mata debate, when Jose was asked about Januzzi he mentioned Martial, Mickli then Mata, Young and Depay so makle of that what you will...

I'm taking it as Mata prob first sub and Depay needing to get his **** together

I aslo now believe Man United will win the league and have an outside chance at a gold in the olympics...

Jayop wrote: »

An interview with espn last summer :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

A deleted post by Evra, must have got a telling off from Juve :D really hope we bring him back to the club in some capacity when his playing days are over.

Edit: its still there actually

https://twitter.com/hashim0307/status/764198284869177346

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    An interview with espn last summer :):):)

:pac: took me a while to get that, heres the link to the article. Link

The managers quote is pretty interesting, like he is confirming our interest, maybe we have contacted them about him.
    [Fonte has] rejoined training. I do not know if he will start the game [on Saturday] but we will see.

The window is difficult for the club and the players. Many clubs can be interested in players. That is normal

Pogba ermmmmm re-instagrammed(doesn't sound right) it also and said yes uncle patrice you do have to bring my stuff to Manchester

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJBymMRDI9W/

Maybe I'm been so biased because he is our player again but the more I see of Pogba the less I think he is what I thought he was ;)

He seems so relaxed and hard working and well loved by all his team mates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Mata leaves and that allows us to bring another player in I would rather see us buy an experienced Centre Back instead which will allow maybe Blind or TFM to move up into midfield. I think we are stacked for number 10's so directly replacing Mata is unnecessary. Lingard has even shown he is well capable there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just watching repeat (?) of fantasy football club.

RACHEL RILEY is now presenting it with that other guy.

Thought she was only getting friday night games.

Edit: she is doing fantasy football every week that there is no friday night game.

• Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just watching repeat (?) of fantasy football club.

RACHEL RILEY is now presenting it with that other guy.

Thought she was only getting friday night games.

Edit: she is doing fantasy football every week that there is no friday night game.
    Channel or gtfo

• Advertisement

• Really would like to see MK start tomorrow.
    Direct battle with him and Lingaard for the same position?
    Healthy for the squad but I had thought he would be a dead cert to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well if I ever needed an excuse to watch Fantasy Football Club, I've got it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Any fantasy football leagues going this year?

https://t.co/JKfmYjmzfU

Juventus interested in Herrera.

Full up on beer, with spirits spilled down your shirt 5 minutes before the lights come on in the "disco"?

There was even a slow set or two in them days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

https://t.co/JKfmYjmzfU

Juventus interested in Herrera.

89m :D

racso1975 wrote: »
    89m :D

And just to make sure he don't go to arsenal put the price at 89,000,001

racso1975 wrote:
    89m

£89,000,001 plus agents fees ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Tuttosport are the Turin equivalent of the Sun.

I hate it when United are not involved on the first day!

• Advertisement

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I hate it when United are not involved on the first day!

That's cause were boring and soon to be destroyed football club. We're so bad were gonna be shown last on match of the day 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mike "Yes Man" Phelan having a decent time of it so far.

Have to say I'm gonna enjoy every Jamie Vardy missed chance this season and every Leicester defeat. Not cause I hate either of them but I just like to see teams struggle when they win the league as it yet again shows how unbelieveable Ferguson was to do back to back title wins and at least one time they did 3 in a row.

See Dele Alli has asked for Dele to be shown on his jersey this season and Jeff Stelling has just remarked that they should be calling him Dele now. Wonder will the commentators actually call him Dele or will they stand firm like when they did with Memphis.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

RobertKK wrote: »
    We know Mata wanted to leave, we do not know how long United were trying to sign Mata or in touch with his people.
    We don't know what Jose knew, but if he knew Mata was going to leave, it would have led to Mata getting less playing anyway.

I don't think Mata was done as a panic buy, it was a planned buy in my opinion.

Mata was also sold after the Chelsea game.
    Jose in 2014:
    "With these assets or players who are not fundamental for me, it's where you - meaning, my club - have to do the best possible job for me. Is this easy to say when you are talking about very good players? It's not easy."For example, Mata to Man Utd. We are losing a very good player to a direct opponent. Would this have happened 10 years ago? Maybe not.
    "But in the modern football and the new economic reality [for Chelsea], if Man Utd pays you an important amount of money he has to go.
    "It is my club's vision. It's my boss, Mr Abramovich, the board. And I share it.
    "I'm not the sort of manager that says - no, not to Man Utd. Sell Mata to Juventus or Barcelona but not Man Utd.
    "Chelsea cannot have 20 replicas. I cannot have Fabregas and another Fabregas getting the same salary. If he can't play I can adapt and put Oscar, say, here."

I think a mountain is made out of a molehill in regards to Mata and Jose.

If I have your theory right: Mata just decided he'd rather play for United than Chelsea when Ferguson was in charge, but then kept that desire even when Ferguson retired and Mourinho came to Chelsea; that Mourinho didn't have any problem with Mata's style, but stopped selecting Mata anyway in anticipation of him being sold to United. That theory is a real reach and actually contradicts a lot of what we can see was happening at the time.

On the other hand, we can see that Mourinho's teams have pretty much always set up with AMs who do a lot of work or are very athletic (the only acception I can think of is Ozil, but that was at Madrid, where the manager's hand is forced). While at Chelsea Jose said: "We press very high. My attacking players have big distances to run between the initial pressure and the way they compact with the defensive players." (link)

And we can look at Mata who doesn't fit that profile of player. Jose was already talking about how Mata had to change soon after he took over: "l have my idea about where and how he produces better and where he has more difficulty. We are here to try and help him to perform better in the situations where he finds it a bit more difficult." (same link as above).

In contrast, Mourinho talked about how he was happy with Oscar's combination of creativity and running "But for that [for Mata to play with Oacar] Juan has to work and has to adapt to a certain way of play, because I am not ready to change Oscar's position. I think Oscar as a number 10 is a player that gives us creativity, but at the same time when we want to press up Oscar is a runner, Oscar is a player capable of pressing." (link)

Even in the quote you provide Jose indicates that he didn't particularly rate Mata: "With these assets or players who are not fundamental for me, it's where you - meaning, my club - have to do the best possible job for me." Again this supports the theory that Jose didn't particularly rate Mata.

There's no mountains being made here. Mata doesn't fit particularly well with Jose's style, Jose has said as much, not selected him and sold him previously. It's straightforward. I'm really surprised there is any dispute about this at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Surely this would be far mor relevant if Mata hadn't been a HUGE disappointment at United anyway. Jose won't be playing him much, he'll probably sell him either in this summer or January and United will probably win the league. All will be rosey for another two years and then Kaboom.. at least thats what history tells us.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Have to say I'm gonna enjoy every Jamie Vardy missed chance this season and every Leicester defeat. Not cause I hate either of them but I just like to see teams struggle when they win the league as it yet again shows how unbelieveable Ferguson was to do back to back title wins and at least one time they did 3 in a row.

harsh, what leicester did last season was probably one of the most biggest upsets in sporting history and will probably be never done again, Have to say i really like Leicester, Ranieri and the thai owners who are running the club the way a club should be run and are very generous to the players

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Does the treatment of januzaj and schweinsteiger not show that if mourinho really wanted to sell mata that he would not have been a very active member since we they came back to preseason.

I think mata only leaves if he requests it. I don't think United or mourinho are looking to push him out the door.

I doubt Jose particularly wants to push Mata out at this stage. Why would he? It's still early in the squad building process and we don't have that many options for the three AM positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Surely this would be far mor relevant if Mata hadn't been a HUGE disappointment at United anyway. Jose won't be playing him much, he'll probably sell him either in this summer or January and United will probably win the league. All will be rosey for another two years and then Kaboom.. at least thats what history tells us.

Yawn

• Advertisement

Pyjamarama wrote: »

105 games 26 goals and around the same number of assists, hardly been a huge disappointment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement